• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My Observations

capstone21

Mega thanks for the help getting the ticket deal! I was pretty much behind the basket but only 4 rows off the floor. Had a pretty good angle to watch both ends and an AWESOME angle on the blonde babe over by the Mavs bench. Wow...those were some great hoots (and nicely pushed up).

Game-wise, I thought we played very good D in the first half and then Dirk got it going in the second. T-Lue was clutch hitting shots - Barea was a total pain in the arse. Shelden really fought hard underneath while being considerably shorter than Diop. He really worked hard. Our offense got stagnant at times but JJ pulled us through. That rebound off our missed foul shot near the end by Smoove was huge. He just jumped over them.

Otherwise Smoove showed a couple inside moves that I hadn't seen in the first half that impressed me...then he got carried away and tried to do too much and started messing up. He needs to learn to pick his spots and play within himself.

Marvin worked pretty hard on defense and hit shots pretty well. He seems to stand around on the wing offense too much but maybe that's where Woody wants him.

Chillz fought hard inside but I don't remember him finishing that much in the paint. To be fair though - he was going up against considerably bigger people.

Law made a couple nice drives (especially the left hander layup in traffic). I don't remember him even putting up an outside shot (though he probably did while I was staring at the blonde) tongue.gif

Crowd was great and it was an overall great show. I hope they do some more deals cause $65 is a little high for me for that seat but $30 is well worth it. GO HAWKS!

P.S. - I love how they messed with Cuban on the "Dancing with the Stars" and the video on the jumbo-tron

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The team played with alot of heart, but they still got a few big problems.... Guard defense and lack of shot creators are two big problems that need to be cleared up by a trade.

Quote:

blonde babe over by the Mavs bench. Wow...those were some great hoots (and nicely pushed up).

If you've seen one big boobed blonde you've seen them all. Blonde hair is ugly anyway.

Quote:

Remember 2 years ago when I said the Barea was the steal of the draft. I made about 30 threads about him.

on the other hand you believe Salim Stoudemire is the 2nd coming.

you hit the ball every now and again, however if you come up to the plate enough times you also strike out your fair share.

Been awhile since I checked in but I got lucky and saw the hawks game on TV. FSNSW the Dallas Maverick's network had to listen to there commentators. I was real happy seeing the Hawks play. I hope this team has the attitude no one respects the Hawks and are out on a misssion.Some observations I saw most of the game.

1. JJ is obviosuly still the main scorer.Horford was in foul trouble alot so I didn't see him in the game that much as I would like but 9 pts and 10 boards great job.

2. Diop or any big man is going to give the Hawks trouble we just don't have anyone to match up.

3.Law had a few drives to the basket that were nice.That is what guards are supposed to do.

4. Marvin, I know he scored in the game but I must have saw all of his misses or most. His outside shot still needs work.

5.Lue played a good game

6. Smoove is are second option next to JJ and has improved his outside shot.

7. Hate to say it but there were times in the game where if JJ didn't take the shot players didn't seem to want the ball and have that scorer mentality.

8.Childress didn't have a good game. Did we take him over Deng?

Great crowd and yes I saw the blonde. Amazing how everyone focuses on the same woman. I think the Hawks should plant a few women like that on the sidelines that way people would tune into watch the games if the hawks become stale. I hope the hawks have turned the corner and will be alot better than what the league thinks. I am tired of being doormats we look like were going to have a good team but will see. Opening night teams either play over there head or under. I know on the Mavs network they thought we were going to be push overs like the Hawk's have been in the past. We really need some size but hopefully by establishing a winning season players will want to play for the Hawks and not smirk like Kobe did when asked about Atlanta.

I'm tired so I won't say a lot, but I was at the game and it was a ton of fun. Great to see a Hawks win against a good opponent. I hope our guys see how much the crowd can get going when they are given a good product, and we can keep it going.

I'll only mention a few players.

Josh Childress did have a horrible game, probably the worst offensive performance I've seen from him. He seemed really nervous or something and was fumbling the ball all over the place, even on some rebound opportunities. He missed a few dunks as well. I'm not worried about him one bit though. He'll be fine, I'm glad we were able to get the win even with him struggling.

I am hard on Shelden a lot, but he did almost everything we needed from him tonight. He played solid D, didn't make stupid fouls, and sucked up EVERY rebound he had a chance to get. I was REALLY impressed with his rebounding in the second half when we needed to prevent the Mavs from getting second chances. He is still a liability on offense. I hate seeing him more or less open in the paint and our guys drive but can't dish to him because they are afraid he can't finish. He did make a few solid plays on offense and went up strong and got fouled a few times, which I think is good.

Overall an awesome game!

Quote:

...If you've seen one big boobed blonde you've seen them all. Blonde hair is ugly anyway.

The blonde hair is only an easy way to identify her...trust me...the hair wasn't her best asset. She could have had green hair and a mustache...nobody was really looking at her head eheheh.gif

• Premium Member

Quote:

2. Diop or any big man is going to give the Hawks trouble we just don't have anyone to match up.

You may have to work on your scouting skills or get better glasses because the hawks out rebounded the Mavs 52-38. Diop had 4 points 5 rebounds and fouled out early in the 4th quarter

Quote:

4. Marvin, I know he scored in the game but I must have saw all of his misses or most. His outside shot still needs work.

Marvin shot 50% from the outside and he still get criticized

Quote:

6. Smoove is are second option next to JJ and has improved his outside shot.

Smoove may have hit one outside shot and he gets praised?? You do realize that Smoove was 5-16 from the field right?

Quote:

7. Hate to say it but there were times in the game where if JJ didn't take the shot players didn't seem to want the ball and have that scorer mentality.

Lue did hit a few big shots here and there!

Your entitled to your own opinion PB I didn't look at the stats just from what I saw,but I didn't see the whole game as I mentioned. Big men will give the hawks trouble is what I was pointing at and Marvin despite his points looks tentative. I don't care what the stats show Dallas didn't have there whole team and will see how the Hawks play in the future.

Quote:

Your entitled to your own opinion PB I didn't look at the stats just from what I saw,but I didn't see the whole game as I mentioned. Big men will give the hawks trouble is what I was pointing at and Marvin despite his points looks tentative. I don't care what the stats show Dallas didn't have there whole team and will see how the Hawks play in the future.

In truth Horford looked like the kind of guy to me who can handle things in the big leagues against most centers. He is strong and athletic and has good instincts and hops. Problem is...he is a rookie.