• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The player we NEED is

BHayley

I wouldn't mind that at all. I just thought they'd take expirings because they are a miserable team and might have the money next year to add some FA's.

Not sure I'd want a 2nd rounder though. They key to any trade is to get rid of TLue (I can't stand this guy!). I might hang onto Lorenzen to get major minutes against Shaq and other big guys

The problem with Andre Miller on our team is that he can't shoot. He's a great distributor, but he can't shoot (and I just dont think our team needs any more of those types). We need to go after a pg who CAN shoot.

Im still preaching for Calderon in Toronto. He's everything we need, and a tandem of him and Law would be deadly. (I watch a lot of Raptor's games being in Vancouver, and trust me... the guy is legit).

That is exactly who we need!

Watching T-lue sit on the ball for 23 seconds or get switched on a pick roll is just depressing. He has a great shot but a PG is supposed to bring so much more than that.

Law is too uncomfortable right now - the game should slow down for him but he isn't winning us games - maybe lost the Detroit game. He is our FUTURE but Miller is the NOW!

Many times Joe or Josh wind up killing 15 seconds off the clock, fumbling around and setting the play becuase no one else will do it. Andre is a "GO TO" Floor leader that will not turn the ball over, hit the open shot, provide a defensive presence.

Let's get him.

• Premium Member

Going after Miller would be extremely dumb, he is 31 and is slow. He always has been a half-court set PG. He's biggest success by far was his last year in Cleveland when they had all those old jump-shooters and they just ran curls all game long... Everytime Miller has been in an up-tempo team he has played average. (his first year with the Clips when they had all those young players was a disaster.) If we go after Miller it will only help Philly.

Quote:

Andre Miller.

We need to get rid of T.Lue, so why not offer some expirings (Lue, AJ, Lo) for Miller. Maybe throw in another player and get another of theirs. Contracts work, we need a PG to show Acie how to run the point for a bit. Acie is not ready to start.

Screw it, we got the player we need to replace T Lue. His name is...THE SNIPER!

I TOTALLY agree with you on Calderon. But why would Toronto trade him? Toronto's mindset is pushing for a high seed in the playoffs, so why would they get rid of their backup PG who they highly value? Plus, Calderon is on a one year contract, so you might only be renting him for the rest of the year. If you make a play for Calderon this season, you better be looking for a long term player, not a rental.

Miller, on the other hand, has a two year deal at a MUCH higher salary, which is why Philly would be amenable to moving him for a piece of the puzzle (Sheldon) and some cap space in the off season. And I think Miller would LOVE a chance to be on an up and coming team with a decent shot at the playoffs. He's still going to get his $9.3M this year and $10.0 next wherever he plays. He establishes his market value this year and next with a playoff contender, and then either re-ups with us or leaves as a UFA (if Law turns out to be capable of leading the Hawks).

I'm hoping, just like everyone on this blog, that Law becomes our long term starter due to ability, not default. But I think he could still get his 15-20 minutes a night while a player like Miller shows him the ropes.

Acie Law's the player we need. His defense translates well to the NBA because of his size (see him guarding Grant Hill last night?). He'll also prove to be a scoring threat more and more each game once he learns what he can and can not do.

I think he'll develop quicker the more time he gets, and right now he's our best option. No need to trade for Calderon (another young guy) or Andre Miller (small window). Law's the future, so his potential should be maxed out.

Quote:

Acie Law's the player we need. His defense translates well to the NBA because of his size (see him guarding Grant Hill last night?). He'll also prove to be a scoring threat more and more each game once he learns what he can and can not do.

I think he'll develop quicker the more time he gets, and right now he's our best option. No need to trade for Calderon (another young guy) or Andre Miller (small window). Law's the future, so his potential should be maxed out.

Laws defense has not been impressive at all.

Laws defense has not been impressive at all.

His defensive is impressive for a rookie PG.

His defense is much better then our veterans in Lue or AJ.....he is the best defensive PG we got.......pretty impressive for a rookie when his small test sample is against the quickest player in the league (D. Harris) and Hall of Famers: Billups, Nash, and Kidd.

I'm gald we have him b/c quite honstly I think we would be 0-4 without his defense right now. Harris was eating AJ alive until Law came in vs. Harris in the Dallas game.

Then playing a whole game vs. Phoneix with Lue as the only PG on Nash = WE LOSE.