Game 5 thread: Atlanta @ Boston

gsuteke

ATL_5mdhgjh3aa92kih09pgi.gif

VS

Boston_Celtics_logo.png

@

fleet_center.jpg

gamethreadfe8.jpg

With their marquee trio leading the way, the Celtics look to open with four straight wins for the first time in 20 seasons when they host the Atlanta Hawks on Friday.

Atlanta has held its own during a brutal early stretch that included an opening-night home win over Dallas, followed by road losses to Detroit and New Jersey by a total of six points.

"We should be 4-0," said Josh Smith, who is averaging 17.8 points and 9.5 rebounds. "We feel good about our chances this year."

Atlanta's chance to contend for its first playoff spot since 1998-99 would increase if it can play better on the road. The Hawks won 96-93 over the Los Angeles Clippers on Feb. 14 for their most recent victory away from home.

The Hawks split two games at Boston last season while going 3-1 overall against the Celtics.

ESPN.com Atlanta/Boston Preview

Factoid of the day: Against Denver Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen and Paul Pierce combined for 71 points as the Celtics shot 64.5 percent from the field -- including 72 percent in a 77-point first half.

Previous 3 boxscores for each team:

ATL Vs PHX ATL @ NJ ATL @ DET

BOS Vs DEN BOS @ TOR BOS Vs WAS

Team Statistics

Atlanta

Boston

Key injuries

James Posey out

Zaza Pachulia in

The Atlanta Hawks visit the Fleet Center tonight for a matchup against the Boston Celtics, or should I say the Big 3...

ap_kevinn_garnett_070801_ms.jpg

Something that must be remembered when facing the Celtics is that basketball is a team sport. The Atlanta Hawks have just that, a team. Under the guidance of the "Evil Genius" Billy Knight

sillybilly.jpg

In fact it is thought around the league that Atlanta has indeed the best young talent in the NBA outside of the Bulls. To illustrate the point one doesn't have to dig far to find these photos

44114053fv0.png

On the flip side the Celtics are built to "win now." They have no other choice. They'll be looking like this guy in to time at all.

67285242_e2682fa8cb.jpg

Speaking of Kevin Garnett who does he think he is anyhow? If a stiff wind came along they'd have to send out an amber alert for this guy. The "Big Ticket" my @ss. Can you imagine what he'd look like in these shorts?

269834.jpg

In case the Celtics are getting blown out in the 2nd half because KG and Ray Allen miss the game due to limited handicapped parking everyone can relax as there will be entertainment on hand. Did anyone see this chick at Phillips last year against the Cavs? She was impressive!

untitled.jpg

Speaking of chicks and KG's weight, wouldn't it make sense to have big basketball players and small cheerleaders? Apparently the Celtics haven't caught on.

Ms. Courtney not only has a little pudge she's also sporting the 1970s County & Western hair. NICE!

dancer_bio_courtney300480.jpg

Speaking of Pudge what's up with this chick? Got biscuits and gravy? I know they say the women up North are on the ugly side but damn, step up your game #95!

celticscheerleaders.jpg

Look, here's my take. I'm allright with big ladies. While I'm personally not into them I understand folks like Walter need love too. All I'm saying is if you're going to be big atleast be entertaining.

farleychippendale.jpg

All I can say is hopefully the game will be as good as the Chinese lady. Seriously.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

so do we have a chance tonight? of course we do; this is the nba. but...i am expecting a loss. If we win, thats just bonus. we gotta take down washington sunday though.

to beat boston, we need to run and wear em down.

Up and down. Up and down. make them play on both ends of the floor. Don't underestimate the importance of James Posey being out either.

1.jpg

Quote:

Speaking of Kevin Garnett who does he think he is anyhow? If a stiff wind came along they'd have to send out an amber alert for this guy. The "Big Ticket" my @ss

I have stood right next to Garnett at a gym and he looks even skinnier in person. it looked like he would fall down if i leaned up against him.

Quote:

They'll be looking like this guy in to time at all.

I really resemble that remark.

Quote:

I know they say the women up North are on the ugly side but damn

Slow your roll. You are treading on thin ice now buddy.

Quote:

Look, here's my take. I'm allright with big ladies. While I'm personally not into them I understand folks like Walter need love too.

You just couldn't resist could you. See if that comment makes him show up in a game thread.

Nice job