• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

disclaimer: i didn't see game

that said, i blame woody for his subs and jj for throwing up 3s all game long like he's arenas

now this is a good point. I was thinking the same thing watching this game. He played a lot like Arenas usually plays. And Arenas played pretty much under control the entire game, even though he only shot 5 - 15. He deferred to Caron a lot today, because he had the hot hand.

Like it or not, we need players doing exactly what they're supposed to be doing. JJ taking 11 threes in a game, when he's ice cold, isn't smart basketball at all.

Josh Smith only grabbing 4 rebounds in a game, will almost always doom us . . especially if JJ is 8 - 24. Smoove's problem is that he's almost always hanging out by the 3 point line when a shot is taken. He's our best rebounder, but he's 23 feet away from the basket?

This is either something that Woody needs to correct with Josh, or Josh needs to correct with himself. He has a total of 9 offensive rebounds this season. Childress has 15, and Horford leads us with 18.

We lost this game on 2nd chance points and got outrebounded by 12. That correlates directly to JJ missing a ton of shots, and Smoove not taking care of the boards.

Sorry to bring that to light.

Quote:

Quote:

We made our run in the 4th with Childress as PG, either Law or Lue did nothing when they were in. The only "PG like" passes I saw were made by Smoove.

We really need to sign a P.G...

I AGREE any pg we sign must be able to play some kind of defense and know how to run a team. I dont think Midget Lue and Rookie Law are gonna get this team anywhere anytime soon. People dont realize that a PG is IMO the most important part of a team look at all the good teams in the NBA they have good point guards. This is our biggest weakness right now and its def. affecting this team.

Quote:

Quote:

Sure Northclyde you are absolutely right...

just curious...how old are you?

I'm old enough to know how the NBA game is won and lost. I've been a Hawks fan ever since 1985. The Hawks of the mid-90s wolud've NEVER lost a game like this, because Kevin Willis would've taken care of the boards and not allowed all of those offensive rebounds by the Wiz, and Smitty would've taken much better shots, if he were cold from the outside. Smitty would've gone straight to the post, instead of continuously jacking up 3's.

LOL @ how old I am.