• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What harm is it by letting Salim start at pg??

Wurider05

I mean the guy would probably spread the floor more for JJ and Marvin. I just can't understand why he is sitting on the bench when we are just having these horrible shooting droughts. From my understanding he is a way better defender than he gets credit for. If Woody would have pt Salim in earlier then it may have slowed down their run. Until Speedy and Law gets back what harm is it letting him start at point? Hell JJ may have to handle a little more of the distributing but with Marvin emerging a a consistent scorer as well as JCHill he can look for them instead of having to score and pass. Just a thought!!! JJ ends up with the all 90 percent of the time anyway so we wouldn't have anything to lose by starting Salim. Until Speedy and Law get back what harm is it letting him start at point?

Whether he starts or not, I definitely agree that he should be getting more minutes at PG. He played very well in the Seattle game. His pass to Chill in the final seconds of regulation was picture perfect... Chill just choked at the free throw line. But with the game on the line, Salim made the right play. Woody has rewarded that effort with inconsistent playing time (BRILLIANT). Even when Acie returns, I'd still like to see Salim become his primary back-up until he proves he can't handle the job. Yes, his handle is suspect but on a team with so few skilled offensive players, it is a crime to allow this guy to waste on the bench.

Just to throw this out there. While I agree Salim needs more time, I think Woody has hoping to not have to play him last night b/c he was still slightly injured. The Chicago announcers were talking how Salim was limping in the pre-game warms-ups. My guess is that he was only at 70%, but Woody had to go to him for some offense later in the game, even though his ankle was still kinda jacked up.

But yeah, if he's healthy, give him 15 min/night from here on out.

• Moderators

I definitely think Salim should be getting more minutes. The biggest problem with Salim is his defense. However, when your alternatives are Lue and AJ his defense is actually an upgrade.

Our PG play right now is very disheartening.

• Premium Member

None.

We need a three point threat.

I think our best lineup is with Salim, JJ, JC, and Horf.

Marvin, Smoove, or whatever other big is not much difference. I may prefer a Marvin over a Smoove at this point simply because of the shot selection.

However, Salim brings a PG who can shoot. He doesn't have to do all the ball handling, but you need that more than AJ!

Quote:

Whether he starts or not, I definitely agree that he should be getting more minutes at PG. He played very well in the Seattle game. His pass to Chill in the final seconds of regulation was picture perfect... Chill just choked at the free throw line. But with the game on the line, Salim made the right play. Woody has rewarded that effort with inconsistent playing time (BRILLIANT). Even when Acie returns, I'd still like to see Salim become his primary back-up until he proves he can't handle the job. Yes, his handle is suspect but on a team with so few skilled offensive players, it is a crime to allow this guy to waste on the bench.

3-12 FG and 1-8 from 3pt doesn't equate to playing very well man confused.gif

He proves many times he can't handle the job. When he plays PG, he's actually the SG (JJ/Chill is the PG).

3-12 FG and 1-8 from 3pt doesn't equate to playing very well man confused.gif

He proves many times he can't handle the job. When he plays PG, he's actually the SG (JJ/Chill is the PG).

I taped that game and missed most of the OTs, but what I saw in the 4th quarter impressed me. Is he the Nick Van Excel clone I was hoping he'd be? NO. But I'd rather have him in the backcourt than AJ or Lue for 20 minutes a game.

you slide Joe to SF. If Salim is put in at the 1 we'll be seeing more stagnant offense like last night. the rewards don't outweigh the negatives. I do like his ability to stretch the defense on the perimeter though. He also showed a good pullup jumper last night.

Law

Salim

Joe

Josh

Zaza

Josh Smith still has no post game whatsoever.

This team has so many friggin holes it's pathetic!

• Moderators

I wasn't sure Marvin was still on the team last night in the second half. No one passed him the ball. He needs to be more assertive.

I had no faith in Marvin before this season but he's shown he can knock down a jumper and get to the line. Run some damn plays for him. There aren't as many holes on this team as it appears. The offensive scheme is just atrocious. Marvin should be a go to guy on offense. Instead its JJ and hope someone gets open. Have any of these guys (or coaches) watched Reggie Miller, AI, Rip. You have to move when you don't have the ball.

I keep hearing about his lack of defense, but everytime I see Salim he is putting pressure on the ball and he often gets key steals.

And by the way I don't think he is injured he just walks with a limp. If you notice when he runs he has this funny bounce to it. Seriously I think one of his legs may be significantly longer. No one looks uglier walking though than Marvin. The Stews say he has a "duck booty"

Quote:

Harm? Are you kidding. The guy is a rag doll out there, would be abused by any average pg.

The guy can hit the 3 on occasion but run a team. No way.

He stinks.........

Yeah we don't want to interfere with AJ and Lue's PT because they are carrying this team. rolleyes.gif

Quote:

I keep hearing about his lack of defense, but everytime I see Salim he is putting pressure on the ball and he often gets key steals.

And by the way I don't think he is injured he just walks with a limp. If you notice when he runs he has this funny bounce to it. Seriously I think one of his legs may be significantly longer. No one looks uglier walking though than Marvin. The Stews say he has a "duck booty"

I agree,his defense has definitely gotten better,& people still say his d sucks,but it's better than lue or AJ's so what's the problem with him playing?

Quote:

I definitely think Salim should be getting more minutes. The biggest problem with Salim is his defense. However, when your alternatives are Lue and AJ his defense is actually an upgrade.

Our PG play right now is very disheartening.

Agreed. We have more PG's on the roster than any other team, and yet we have no decent PG available. Very frustrating.

I also agree that Salim might as well play with Acie and Speedy out. He'll turn it over a little more than the other guys, but he'll score more and won't hog the ball.