• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Did anyone notice AJ?

Plainview1981

Quote:

Late in the game when Woodson was drawing up a play AJ had this "What the [censored] is he talking about?" look on his face. Anyone else catch that? Regardless what we think if AJ's talent (or lack there of)it's pretty alarming when a 12 year vet does that.

I did not get to watch the game; but that sounds funny as hell.

I noticed that too, and it looked like Woodson erased the board and drew up another play when he did that. I can hear it now "Coach, tell me you got something better than that?"

I also noticed AJ pull the team together in a huddle before Marvin shot some free-throws. As much as he's lost a step or two, his veteran presense is very good for this team right now.

I noticed it as well. It was even an exagerated expression, like he wanted everyone to know that he didn't know what the hell the coach was talking about. It was very disrepectful.

But I wonder if the coach really didn't know what he was talking about. But the play worked. Good thing too. I think Woodson might have been fired and replaced with the janitor had they lost. Allowing the layups at the end of the game capped off what was an awful performance.

Joe's shot saved the day. It was really a beaut.

Quote:

I noticed it as well. It was even an exagerated expression, like he wanted everyone to know that he didn't know what the hell the coach was talking about. It was very disrepectful.

But I wonder if the coach really didn't know what he was talking about. But the play worked. Good thing too. I think Woodson might have been fired and replaced with the janitor had they lost. Allowing the layups at the end of the game capped off what was an awful performance.

It gives me pause when so many bash Woodson as players fail there assignments. On that inbound play late in the 4th, Josh did not protect the rim and Joe allowed Jaric to waltz to the rim for a layup. This is in the waning seconds of that crucial possesion. Guys making terrible passes and terrible shots. Guys with no defensive energy in the 3rd quarter. Yet, players go out of the way to compliment Woodson's instructions.

The reason (as youse say it) we get up by 19 is not because of Woodson and the staff but the 3rd quarter's meltdown was. This board is weak.

i'm glad you posted this, i was going to...

yes i definitely noticed it...Woody wiped his board i think three times...the first couple plays he designed, AJ had this look like "what the F is this guy talking about?".

now if it was a young player doing that i'd say he just didnt understand, but we're talking the epitome of a vet here. and a vet that's been on good-coached teams....

if there was ever any question about the skill level of woody before, that should have answered all questions.

finally after two tries, woody decided to go the fallback GOJOE option.

Quote:

Quote:

It gives me pause when so many bash Woodson as players fail there assignments. On that inbound play late in the 4th, Josh did not protect the rim and Joe allowed Jaric to waltz to the rim for a layup. This is in the waning seconds of that crucial possesion. Guys making terrible passes and terrible shots. Guys with no defensive energy in the 3rd quarter. Yet, players go out of the way to compliment Woodson's instructions.

The reason (as youse say it) we get up by 19 is not because of Woodson and the staff but the 3rd quarter's meltdown was. This board is weak.

i agree to a degree. i thought while watching us falter that this was a strictly player fault issue. the players have to play. but that AJ moment did speak volumes on the abilities of woody.

Yep, if you read lips and actions, he drew a play up that would obviously take more that 2.2 seconds to run...AJ was like WTF! Then Joe pointed at the board and Woodson said "you are going to have to go", speaking to Joe, I guess Joe looked like WTF!..beacause Woodson then erased the play and said "let's run our regular play"

Woodson should have been gone a long time ago, I just hate that he is really preventing us from seeing what this team of players could do.

big Al grabbed a board (I think it was in the 4th) that he had to seriously fight for and when he came down with it instead of passing to AJ who was obviously looking for the ball Al took off down the floor like a PG? AJ (and all of our PGs) need to realize that our bigs can handle the ball on the break and they should run the floor like a wing player on plays like that. As it was he waited for the ball and Al blew right past him.

Quote:

big Al grabbed a board (I think it was in the 4th) that he had to seriously fight for and when he came down with it instead of passing to AJ who was obviously looking for the ball Al took off down the floor like a PG? AJ (and all of our PGs) need to realize that our bigs can handle the ball on the break and they should run the floor like a wing player on plays like that. As it was he waited for the ball and Al blew right past him.

that was a badarse play...horford has done that a couple times where he drives it down the court at the very moment he rebounds it so he starts a fast break and many times the pg is like "pass it to me" but he's gone...and that usually ends up a positive for us...it's like horford and smith are the only guys who realize we need to run.

Quote:

Quote:

that was a badarse play...horford has done that a couple times where he drives it down the court at the very moment he rebounds it so he starts a fast break and many times the pg is like "pass it to me" but he's gone...and that usually ends up a positive for us...it's like horford and smith are the only guys who realize we need to run.

What a play. Horf outrun the PGs a lot. Early in the game AJ made Shelden run into someone in a fast break. I don't want Smoove to do it too much though.