• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Props to AJ and Marvin

Vafan

Marvin made a couple youthful mistakes tonight but he really stepped up like a man and took charge at points. Marvin is starting to become something special.

And just like Joe (and maybe even more so), he does it quietly. It's like all of sudden you look up and he's got 17. Tonight I think he had like 26. Great night Marvin.

Also, I've said it before, if AJ can continue to play CLOSE to what he's playing now and Law can continue to develop (and get healthy), we're fine at point for now, at least until Law becomes our main guy. Wow that 2nd round pick looks trivial now. AJ really stepped up.

I think one of the biggest assets of AJ is his talking. He yells, he talks, he coaches out on the floor. And he doesnt mind telling someone who is a bigger star if they mess up. And that seems to be spreading.

What a game.

Yeah, I agree. Marvin is blossoming before our eyes. He may never be a superstar, but I think his floor is a Rashard Lewis type of player while his max may be a Mashburn type. Marvin doesn't have Mashburn's post moves yet. Hopefully, he develops them in the next few years.

• Premium Member

Quote:

What? Is this the Marvin sackrider thread? Or, is it the Marvin nuthugger thread? You guys are a bunch of Marvin grundlescratchers even though I have no idea what that means.

Can't we just enjoy being over .500 at this point in the season? We're usually out of contention and discussing the draft right about now. Heck, the whole TEAM is playing well now. Everybody seems to have each other's back. Players have accepted their roles. Woodson "looks" like he's doing a better job of coaching. LIFE IS GOOD BABY!

woohoo.gif

Quote:

My only question is if Diesel will ever acknowledge Marvin's contributions.

Who cares?

Why should we care if Marvin Williams ever gets the approval of people on a message board.

More importantly he needs to come out with the intensity he played with tonight.

Josh Smith and Marvin Williams are two players who need to come out with the mental intensity every night and drive the baketball.

Marvin because he's too good of a FT shooter not to pressure his man off the dribble

Josh because he bails his man out when he takes those long jumpers.

Quote:

What? Is this the Marvin sackrider thread? Or, is it the Marvin nuthugger thread? You guys are a bunch of Marvin grundlescratchers even though I have no idea what that means.

Do you just look for posts that give you an excuse to talk about your favorite topic? A man's nuts! Go buy yourself a magazine and look at the pictures, I am sure you are old enough... saythat.gif

Quote:

I think one of the biggest assets of AJ is his talking. He yells, he talks, he coaches out on the floor. And he doesnt mind telling someone who is a bigger star if they mess up. And that seems to be spreading.

Horford was asked after the game if Woodson said anything to him before that last free throw, and he said Coach really didn't tell him anything but AJ and Joe propped him up after the huddle. Gotta love that.