TroyMcClure

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

dallas has a 5 game winning streak...

lets take it to them on saturday!

I think we get killed in DAL on Saturday, but that is OK. We are winning more than losing and we are NOT folding anymore in tight games.

DJlaysitup:

Wow, you are everywhere.

Yes we are, because AJ's playing great B-ball. This is what we have been longing for, a point guard who can set teammates up and score. Now,other guys are willing to give up the ball(JS in particular) because they know AJ will find them in the right places.

Quote:

...This is what we have been longing for, a point guard who can set teammates up and score. Now,other guys are willing to give up the ball(JS in particular) because they know AJ will find them in the right places.

Don't get me wrong HG23...I am totally floored with what AJ has done this year - amazed and pleased. I thought he was a dumb pickup last year just for BK/Woody to get 30 wins and save their jobs. Actually, I may have been right, but AJ has shown heart, guts, and talent that I didn't think a third stringer on the Mavs bench had. He came in looking a tad heavy last year but looks great this year.

We still have a problem against "rocket ship" PGS...but AJ handles most PGs pretty good. Not an all-star but pretty damn good.

Don't get me wrong HG23...I am totally floored with what AJ has done this year - amazed and pleased. I thought he was a dumb pickup last year just for BK/Woody to get 30 wins and save their jobs. Actually, I may have been right, but AJ has shown heart, guts, and talent that I didn't think a third stringer on the Mavs bench had. He came in looking a tad heavy last year but looks great this year.

We still have a problem against "rocket ship" PGS...but AJ handles most PGs pretty good. Not an all-star but pretty damn good.

Agree totally. Who is our future PG? Surely he can't keep this great play up or can he? Injuries to the PG position has been freakish. If he goes down, I feel like we go back to selfish play. Acie needs more minutes with the starters to see if the level of play drops with AJ on the bench.

Quote:

...Agree totally. Who is our future PG? Surely he can't keep this great play up or can he? Injuries to the PG position has been freakish. If he goes down, I feel like we go back to selfish play. Acie needs more minutes with the starters to see if the level of play drops with AJ on the bench.

I really don't know. I know we need another quality PG because Acie is still a rookie. T-Lue? maybe for this year but that sets our sights low IMO. Obviously Speedy is gone. I really think we need another PG if we are going to make the playoffs (the season is still relatively young).

But...AJ looks like the man right now. Heck ...maybe he can do it.

Couldn't respond to this poll as I think we are incredibly average right now. Our record is better than .500 (one plus mark), we seem to have stepped up our level of play recently (another plus mark), but our point differential which is a better indicator of how good you are than record is at 0.0 (neutral), we play in the weak East (one minus mark), and we've played significantly more home games than road games (one minus mark).

I think we are utterly and completely average. Which, if you offered me at the beginning of the season, I would have taken in a heartbeat.

I didn't answer the question, becasue I don't think that is it. The issue is that the guys are learning how good theya are and are playing with confidence. I think the question is "how good can we be?" And we will find that out over the course of the season to see how well this sticks or we fall back to earth and fade away?

Quote:

...I think we are utterly and completely average. Which, if you offered me at the beginning of the season, I would have taken in a heartbeat.

I think we are currently playing above BD...but I understand your point. The thing that drove me nuts in the past when we sucked - guys would say we weren't consistent. I always said Hell-Ya! wer're consistent. Anytime you can flip your record and be one of the top teams? That tells you that you ARE consistent...consistently bad.

There are 5 levels of NBA basketball IMO:

1 - Serious Championship contender or winner.

2 - Threatening playoff team (between 3 and 5 seed)

3 - Playoff maker (6th to 8th seed) - (this is real inconsistency)

4 - Playoff contender but lottery team - Losers.

5 - below that ...laughingstock.

We are emerging from the laughingstock stage and could easily go straight to inconsistent if we work hard. detective.gif

Quote:

Couldn't respond to this poll as I think we are incredibly average right now. Our record is better than .500 (one plus mark), we seem to have stepped up our level of play recently (another plus mark), but our point differential which is a better indicator of how good you are than record is at 0.0 (neutral), we play in the weak East (one minus mark), and we've played significantly more home games than road games (one minus mark).

I think we are utterly and completely average. Which, if you offered me at the beginning of the season, I would have taken in a heartbeat.

this isn't very fair

a) look at our differential the past 15 games, as opposed to whole season

b) we are like 6-3 against West coast teams, so how do we lose a point there?

c) we are almost 50% on the road, so how do we lose a point there?

u are being way too harsh and unfair in your assessment

Bdawg, busboy and dr.reality, you guys are not getting it.

OT-Stop saying that the East is weak. That's rubbish. The whole league is weak. And it's not like we don't play WC teams. What exactly is so weak about Boston or Detroit? The west has the Spurs, Suns, and... the Mavs? So what.