• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Thoughts on the Indy game

macdaddy

• Moderators

I think Horford's winning attitude is a major difference in this team. He plays all out but not out of control.

Tinsley always strikes me as being an a$$. Last night was no different.

Zaza is dangerously close to having a mullett.

Chill had a really good defensive game and shot the biggest air ball of the season.

I hope Acie continues to get consistent minutes because he needs the experience.

Did Mario West play .2 seconds? That has to be a record.

We put all our bigs on the bench with two minutes to go and Indy doesn't get the ball to JO?

Quote:

I think Horford's winning attitude is a major difference in this team. He plays all out but not out of control.

His attitude and toughness/ strength underneath. His muscel and skill in the paint is the main ingredient we have been missing since the days of Grant Long and Deke or even Reef to a lesser extent. Horford an O'Neil where really battling last night. A very phisical game between the 2 of them and Horford has the athleticm to match all star bigs like J. O'Neil.

Quote:

did anybody else see seldon williams start to dominate the paint last night. there were a couple times where he just bullied everyone else and got a putback.

then again candace parker was in the building. she must be the anti-jessica simpson:)

I can see Candace now . . .

"See baby, you gotta put your azz on your man when boxing out . . like this" . . . (( Candace demonstrating the technique on Shelden )) . . . "then you fling that arm around, and clear him out."

Shelden would be like . . "umm, could you show me that again, especially the azz part?"

I think the Vols play Gonzaga in Knoxville on Saturday. I'm seriously thinking about seeing that game. If I see Candace, I'll tell her thank you, for working with Shelden during the holidays.

Quote:

Quote:

did anybody else see seldon williams start to dominate the paint last night. there were a couple times where he just bullied everyone else and got a putback.

then again candace parker was in the building. she must be the anti-jessica simpson:)

I can see Candace now . . .

"See baby, you gotta put your azz on your man when boxing out . . like this" . . . (( Candace demonstrating the technique on Shelden )) . . . "then you fling that arm around, and clear him out."

Shelden would be like . . "umm, could you show me that again, especially the azz part?"

I think the Vols play Gonzaga in Knoxville on Saturday. I'm seriously thinking about seeing that game. If I see Candace, I'll tell her thank you, for working with Shelden during the holidays.

Damn I just got excited reading that uglyhammer.gif

Quote:

That offensive foul on the shot called on him was bogus. But he didn't complain. Shelden seems even more uneffected emotionally than Joe.

In fact, I think Shelden is cooler than Joe and Chillz is smoother than JSmith.

• Premium Member

Quote:

The thing I like best about Horford playing center is that teams can't get him on the pick and roll plays. He is too fast but yet is strong enough to defend the post one on one. Zaza on the other hand always shows too hard and is too slow rotating back to his man after the hard show! He gets beat constantly with pick and rolls!

Quote:

...The thing I like best about Horford playing center is that teams can't get him on the pick and roll plays. He is too fast but yet is strong enough to defend the post one on one. Zaza on the other hand always shows too hard and is too slow rotating back to his man after the hard show! He gets beat constantly with pick and rolls!

The thing that the Indy game brought home to me is the big separation between our starting 5 (+ Chillz and to some degree Shelden who is kind of in-between) and our backups. Zaza is the poster boy for this separation IMO. Granted he can rebound some and he made a nice assist to Chillz late - but over the long haul he isn't up to snuff with the rest of the PTP-ers. We have about 6 players who are fairly useless...I mean, they can go out onto the court...but they aren't up to par when they do and we end up getting runs back at us. Currently that includes every PG but AJ, Mario (who gets a bit of a pass due to energy and hitting those 2 FTs at Wash - but isn't solid yet), Solomon, and Lo.

I suppose that this is somewhat true on most all teams - but our backups past the first 6 and 1/2 are really borderline.

The key problems are at the 1 and the 5 (especially since Woody keeps Zaza at backup 5).

• Moderators

Quote:

Are you referring to players 11 1/2 thru 15?

That took me a minute. I guess he was saying 'our players past the first 6 1/2' not our backups.

I think any team needs a solid 8 guys. For us that's:

AJ/JJ/Marv/Smoove/Horford + Acie/Chill/Shelden/

Acie is probably borderline at this point. Lue and Zaza are better than folks give them credit for though.