• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Word of the day: PATIENCE

DavidSomerset

Quote:

If the playoffs started today, we would be in them...Marvin had a great game...

Everyone needs to stop with all the "doom and gloom" BS...Just sit back and relax...We're right about where we should be at this point.

Obviously you haven't been watching the last several games. Beating Seattle hardly means the team is about to have another good streak.

Quote:

Quote:

Everyone needs to stop with all the "doom and gloom" BS...Just sit back and relax...We're right about where we should be at this point.

Obviously you haven't been watching the last several games. Beating Seattle hardly means the team is about to have another good streak.

Every team goes through good and bad streaks...We just came out of a bad streak, I guarantee you at some point soon we'll have another good streak...Then, probably another bad streak, and so on and so on.

Yall just need to step back and realize that is the way it works when you play this long of a season.

We're fine where we are.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Every team goes through good and bad streaks...We just came out of a bad streak, I guarantee you at some point soon we'll have another good streak...Then, probably another bad streak, and so on and so on.

Yall just need to step back and realize that is the way it works when you play this long of a season.

We're fine where we are.

The problem is the Hawks have really only had one brief good streak from what I remember. The thing is the Hawks could win 38 games and make the playoffs. Does that honestly make them much better than last year? No. The east is alot weaker this year.

It's about progression and the Hawks aren't making in fast enough. I'd rather the Hawks be a 45 win team and miss the playoffs than be a 35-37 win team and make the playoffs and get their ass kicked by Detroit.

We already helped Detroit get to the finals and win the championship once before.

I think the saving grace for our team is how bad the other teams in the East are. We are still a couple games ahead of the 9th place team, and no team seems capable of making a run. I keep waiting for Chicago to get it going but they just don't seem to have it this year. Indy may have lost JO for the season. NJ might trade Kidd. Philly looks like they will gut their roster. Plus there are two spots, the 7-8 seeds, for us to back into.

We have had some bad games, but have still been competitive. When we were in 4th place I didn't jump on the 'this team is for real' bandwagon. I won't jump on the doom and gloom bandwagon now. Given the situation in the East we should still make the playoffs. To me the future is all about getting ownership resolved, bringing in competent leadership, and acquiring another all star. Until then we are still good enough to compete as an average NBA team.

Quote:

"The east is alot weaker this year."

I thought everyone said at the start of the year that the East improved up and down the board?!

Yeah despite our great draft and young players with potential everybody else in the East had allgedly improved just as much if not more than us.

And this was even according to our own "fans". THen I guess they could be real fans because naturally anyone who has followed Atlanta sports long enough has reason to be skeptical.

But folks, this isn't your average Atlanta franchise. This is the most promising young team in the NBA right now as a core.

That's right in the ENTIRE NBA. Nobody can match the upside we have potentially for a starting 5 that consist of Law, JJ, Marvin, Smoove, and Horford.

The only thing holding us back right now is Marvin taking his game to the next level and Acie Law showing he can overtake the reigns from Anthony Johnson.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

We're fine where we are.

The problem is the Hawks have really only had one brief good streak from what I remember. The thing is the Hawks could win 38 games and make the playoffs. Does that honestly make them much better than last year? No. The east is alot weaker this year.

It's about progression and the Hawks aren't making in fast enough. I'd rather the Hawks be a 45 win team and miss the playoffs than be a 35-37 win team and make the playoffs and get their ass kicked by Detroit.

We already helped Detroit get to the finals and win the championship once before.

That's strange...I have literally never heard someone say they would rather NOT go to the playoffs.

Personally, I don't care if we win 12 games and go to the playoffs...I'd take that over not going at all.

This team is fine...We are making progress and we are playing about as well as anyone should have reasonably expected.

Our 3 best players are still only 26, 22, and 21...The future is bright...Everyone just needs to chill out.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

We're fine where we are.

That's strange...I have literally never heard someone say they would rather NOT go to the playoffs.

Personally, I don't care if we win 12 games and go to the playoffs...I'd take that over not going at all.

This team is fine...We are making progress and we are playing about as well as anyone should have reasonably expected.

Our 3 best players are still only 26, 22, and 21...The future is bright...Everyone just needs to chill out.

Going to the playoffs doesn't make you a good team.

Quote:

Quote:

You do realize Boston is 12-0 vs. the Western Conference...Right?

We will see at the end of the season when it really means something. The Celtics 2 1/2 stars+scrubs can't hang with the top teams when it matters the most.

How do you know they can't? When did they play a top team in the playoffs?

• Premium Member

Quote:

"The east is alot weaker this year."

I thought everyone said at the start of the year that the East improved up and down the board?!

I think the east is stronger this year.

I mean, Boston, Charlotte, Orlando, Toronto all got stronger. I think the problem is that time has caught up with the teams that used to be strong:

Indy, Miami, Cleveland, Washington, NJ... These teams are all slumping.

While I expect Cleveland and Washington, I think Miami, Indy, and NJ will reload through the draft and trade. For instance, Indy has got to trade. JO is going to be moved... prolly to the Lakers before it's all said and done.

I can imagine a JO for Kwame/Odom deal in the works.

NJ will prolly trade Vince. Then there's Miami who will have some FA money but will also pick early in the draft!

But compared to last year, the east is better.

The question is are the Hawks better... I will say that we're not as injured and we are better. AJ and Horf makes a big difference. However, we're not set. We're a long way from good.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You do realize Boston is 12-0 vs. the Western Conference...Right?

We will see at the end of the season when it really means something. The Celtics 2 1/2 stars+scrubs can't hang with the top teams when it matters the most.

How do you know they can't? When did they play a top team in the playoffs?

It's called an opinion. Everybody has one just like everybody has an [censored].