• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The DDT 6/19/03

Diesel

• Premium Member

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/bask...ic19061903jun19,0,7367767.story?coll=orl-sports-headlines

Starting from this headline.

This trade works for everyone:

SAR/CC/Dickau to Orlando for Hill/Gooden/Sasser/#15 in the draft.

In the draft, I would pick:

Pavlovic @ 15.

Outlaw @ 21.

D. Jones @ 35.

In the end, we would have:

JT/Sasser

Pavlovic/Jones

Grob/Outlaw

Gooden/Hendu

Theo/Nazr

One or two other trades would be needed but this would be a trade about Potential and need.

I think we would do well to get a PF like Gooden and a player like Pavlovic. I think we'd do well to get Outlaw. He's listed low in the first, but I think he has the potential to be great in this league. I haven't heard anything about him that makes me think he can't. I think he can be a franchise player that grew up with the city.

One FA acquisition would be Kenny Anderson.

Simply because we need a player who can run the offense. Also, I watched Kenny the other night on TBDSS.... And he was talking about playing where he can get more than 12-15 minutes. I think he realizes that if he comes to Atlanta, we would play him 20-30 mpg.

In 2 years, we'd have:

JT/Pavlovic/Outlaw/Gooden/Theo.....

What about Outlaw other than his athleticism makes you think he will be a star? From what I have read - and I fully admit to having never seen him play - he is very athletic but lacks skills - he can't shoot, dibble or pass and he is way, way too skinny to play in the post. Sure he could develop ala Corey Maggette, but that is four years down the road.

Being a great athlete alone does not make a great player. Moreover, having a lot of great athletes does not make a great team, witness the success of realatively unathletic teams like the Spurs, Pistons. Mavs and Jazz versus the lack of success of very athletic teams like the Clippers, Cavs, and Warriors.

I think having some good run/jump athletes is important for having a balanced team but too many people want all athletes/no skill.

solid trade D. I'm in for it, though I'd have to do more research on draft picks available at both (esp. the earlier) to figure out who'd be best to draft.

That Orlando team would be a beast...and the best fit for SAR. I'd do the trade, and I think they might as well.

• Premium Member

He's got something.

Leaping ability. No Fear. 6'10. 18 years old.

[censored]. at 21, that's a steal. He might not be a 20/10 player right away... BUT, give him some time and time in the weight room. Something about him impresses me more than Bosh.

I'd like to see him after a year of good coaching and good training. I'm not proclaiming him as the next Amare Stoudamire... BUt I think he's a guy that in 2-3 years might have his name up in lights.

• Premium Member

I don't know if I mentioned getting the medical exemption for Hill but I think this year, 4.8 mil and next year, we might be able to take Hill off the books.

In the meantime, we have built a fairly good squad.

Now the real question is to Diaw or to Pavlovic.

I think Pavlovic might be a better choice.

As of right now, he's Darius Miles part II.

Great athleticism with terrible skills. The only reason Outlaw is staying in the draft, IMO, is that his grades aren't going to allow him to play at Mississippi State next year. He needs at least two years of development.

I think Ndubi Ebi is a better prospect at this point because Ebi brings a jump shot to the table and is just as athletic.

I disagree. Teams have come to an awakening since they took Miles so early. Miles was a guy who went high because he tantilized teams with his athleticism. He's never averaged more than 9 ppg in the NBA nor has he shot over 40% from the field yet, so teams have realized the mistake they made by picking him.

He would not be top 5 in this draft class. The draft he went in was one of the weakest drafts in recent memory.

Teams are going to stay away from the athletic projects that can't shoot as long as the young, europeans that can shoot are coming over.

I watched the replay of the McDonald's HS game and I tried to concentrate on Outlaw b/c I had read the posts here about him. Of course this was only one game but I saw nothing that would make me want to draft him period. The only thing he did well is dunk. He had a poor release on his shot and refused to mix it up in the paint. He appeared to shy away from contact. He simply does not feel our needs at all.

I donno if he'd go TOP 5, but he isint a BUST KB21. Once he develops a shot (which he says hes working on EVERY YEAR, but we never see the results) and gains confidence... he can become that POORMANS GARNETT (which is NEVER a bad thing to be). Right now, hes a POORMANS GARNETT THAT CANT SHOOT. He came right out of high school and he is traped in CLEVELAND (IMO- he needs out to become the player we all think he can become).

If Miles was playing exactly as he is now, there are still some teams that would start him in this league. Other than that, many teams would want him as a role player. but that aside, u dont draft role players in the lottery.

----------------------------------------------------------

As for OUTLAW, everytime people here talk about him- i keep thinking about DARVIN HAM. u guys sure u want DARVIN HAM 2 on our team? Isint 1 enough?

I think Miles would be excellent as our starting SF right now. Plus, he is still just a kid and he's going to get a lot better. If we could somehow send Dog to Cleveland for Miles, Jumaine Jones and Yogi Stewart, I'd pull the trigger on that deal.

Theo/Nazr/Stewart

Reef/Hendu

Miles/Jones

#21(Hayes)/DG/DJ (in no particular order)

JT/DD

Cleveland would line up:

Ilgauskas

Boozer

Dog

Wagner/Davis

James

That would be a good offensive team if James is ready to run the point.