Quote:

Smoove in February:

19.7 ppg

7.7 rpg

7.7 apg

5.7 bpg

2.0 stp

scared.gif

Exactly why Rick Mahorn said on NBA radio today, that the took worst gamble on not resigning him. He thinks the Heat will now be players because of Marions option year. mad.gif

Heat..give me a break. Heat will be coming out a horrible season, hawks just coming out the playoffs(hopefully)

• Premium Member

Quote:

Exactly why Rick Mahorn said on NBA radio today, that the took worst gamble on not resigning him. He thinks the Heat will now be players because of Marions option year.
mad.gif

Assuming Marion even wants to opt out, the Heat would have to renounce Marion to have the cap space, and that's something I don't think they'll do.

• Premium Member

Quote:

scared.gif

Exactly why Rick Mahorn said on NBA radio today, that the took worst gamble on not resigning him. He thinks the Heat will now be players because of Marions option year. mad.gif

It was stupid. Could have had him for cheaper... I don't think there's any question that they will give Smoove whatever he wants next year... If we don't resign Smoove, JJ will demand a trade... I can bet my life on it.

Yeah, Kobe's finger probably bothered him... but we also just witnessed Marvin Williams at his worst. Im sure Kobe's finger plays a bigger role, but we werent at our very best either.

fun fact about the CAVS game. The last time Lebron and the Cavs were here, there was an announcement about how we shouldnt HECKLE Lebron (because the game before us, a fan from another team did and Lebron went all crazy and won the game for the Cavs).

Im not sure if anyone else noticed this, but that game vs Cavs... we were up w/ few seconds left. it was pretty clear that we were going to win the game. Some guys w/ courtside seats engaged in a little conversation w/ Lebron. It seemed to me like they were heckling him a little for losing to us because Lebron's reply was...

"hey, SH$T happens..."

and he looked little pist.

i hope he doesnt remember this.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Smoove in February:

19.7 ppg

7.7 rpg

7.7 apg

5.7 bpg

2.0 stp

scared.gif

Heat..give me a break. Heat will be coming out a horrible season, hawks just coming out the playoffs(hopefully)

What does that have to do with money available?

Quote:

Quote:

Exactly why Rick Mahorn said on NBA radio today, that the took worst gamble on not resigning him. He thinks the Heat will now be players because of Marions option year.
mad.gif

Assuming Marion even wants to opt out, the Heat would have to renounce Marion to have the cap space, and that's something I don't think they'll do.

If you could have Smoove, for what you are paying Marion, wouldn't you?

• Premium Member

Quote:

If you could have Smoove, for what you are paying Marion, wouldn't you?

Well, that's what the Heat are going to decide over the next few months. Marion's perimeter shot makes him a nice counterpart to Wade's game IMO.

Regardless, the initial decision is Marion's. There's not likely to be anyone who has the cap space to offer him more than $6-7M starting other than Memphis and Philly, two teams without a superstar like Wade. He's better off picking up his option and working out an extension with Miami.

What a great game! Just got home from Philips and wow...it was a beautiful thing smile.gif Joe back to being Joe again...Smoove with another near triple double...Horf with a MONSTER 20 rebounds and 15 points and T Lue hitting some big shots. The place was rocking at the end, but I couldn't believe how many Kobie/Laker fans there were there. Our team played great D tonite and holding Kobe under 20 was huge.

Only question was why Woodson held Smoove out of the 2nd qtr for so long just with 2 fouls? We are a different team with him out there and we were lucky the Lakers didn't run away in the 2nd qtr. Zaza was awful and we weren't looking too good in the 2nd qtr, but LA let us hang around until something clicked.

This big win was "just what the Doctor ordered" and hopefully will give us some confidence. Now we just have to start winning on the road. We have proven we can beat anyone at home....lets do it on the road.

P.S. My "personal" winning streak continues!!! I am 12-0 at home games I have been to. I was at the Miami game, but I am not counting that as a loss, since we won it on the court.

I have no idea how the Hawks won that game. It sure didn't seem like they deserved it, although the Hawks have lost several games they should have won.

Fortunately Kobe was hurt and they were at the end of a long road trip. We just got lucky basically. We missed way too many easy shots inside and had the usual dumb mistakes.

Marvin was just a garbage can. Seriously WTF was that? It is bad enough going 5-17 from the floor but only 1 rebound in 35 minutes?