• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If We're Gonna Play Lue then No More AJ!!!!!!!!!!!

LastDon

I Just think that it's totally unfair that Woody refuses to play Acie. I can't make any comments on AJ's performance against LA because I didn't see the game but against Philly he almost cost us the game. It just makes me sick to my stomach to see this guy go up and down the court like he has a stick stuck up his azz. He really turns the hawks into a halfcourt team which isn't condusive to what we are trying to be.

It's very discouraging to see Acie used limitedly against Philly and get a DNP coaches decision after having a 8 assist no turnover game against JASON KIDD and the new jersey nets. Its even sadder that we the fans expect this guy to come out and play with confidence with the way he is being mishandled.

MIKE WOODSON IS DESTROYING ACIE LAW!!!!!!

Woodson said in the post game interview that "Lue was a better fit against LA". If that's true than Lue shouldn't see extended minutes just from this performance. He said he knew people were going to be mad that Acie didn't play. The problem with this is that we only have a half a season left for Acie to develop into a PG that can run this team and play the majority of the minutes. Acie NEEDS to be ready for the playoffs. I can't see us advancing more than one round with Lue and AJ at the helm.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I Just think that it's totally unfair that Woody refuses to play Acie. I can't make any comments on AJ's performance against LA because I didn't see the game but against Philly he almost cost us the game. It just makes me sick to my stomach to see this guy go up and down the court like he has a stick stuck up his azz. He really turns the hawks into a halfcourt team which isn't condusive to what we are trying to be.

It's very discouraging to see Acie used limitedly against Philly and get a DNP coaches decision after having a 8 assist no turnover game against JASON KIDD and the new jersey nets. Its even sadder that we the fans expect this guy to come out and play with confidence with the way he is being mishandled.

MIKE WOODSON IS DESTROYING ACIE LAW!!!!!!

Don,

What's the difference?

A winning environment is better than a "learning" environment.

Acie can learn just as easily on this winning team than he could if he played and we were losing. Moreover, it's still around deadline time.... Teams are getting a good whiff of both Lue and AJ who are our ending contracts.

I guess the bottom line is ... enjoy the victories and be patient.

Quote:

Acie can learn just as easily on this winning team than he could if he played and we were losing.

This is BS. You need playing time against NBA competition (and not just your teammates) to get the experience and get better. Moreover, he is not watching good PG play and learning how to run an offense efficiently. It's not like he's watching Nash go to work every night and getting tips from him in practice. Lue and AJ can hit shots and not turn the ball over, but he'll hardly learn how to run an offense from them.

Law had a very good game 2 games ago with 8 assists in 20 min, and he gets rewarded with 5 minutes the next game, and no minutes the following one. It makes no sense. How is he supposed to build confidence? At this pace he's going to end up like Shelden or Salim, wondering if he even belongs in the NBA, and counting the days until he can get out of town.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Acie can learn just as easily on this winning team than he could if he played and we were losing.

This is BS. You need playing time against NBA competition (and not just your teammates) to get the experience and get better. Moreover, he is not watching good PG play and learning how to run an offense efficiently. It's not like he's watching Nash go to work every night and getting tips from him in practice. Lue and AJ can hit shots and not turn the ball over, but he'll hardly learn how to run an offense from them.

Law had a very good game 2 games ago with 8 assists in 20 min, and he gets rewarded with 5 minutes the next game, and no minutes the following one. It makes no sense. How is he supposed to build confidence? At this pace he's going to end up like Shelden or Salim, wondering if he even belongs in the NBA, and counting the days until he can get out of town.

No BS..

I've seen confidence of players like Law ripped in two... because they had too much placed on them too soon. What happened with Chauncey Billups?

Lue was able to be effective in the game last night because he wasn't getting blown by on the defensive end. You can play Lue against slower pointguards who don't penetrate but if it is somone real quick, then Acie should be given those minutes.

what type of confidence does that show in your players when you say that they weren't a good fit and you didn't even give them the opportunity.

I think that Woodson has done a much poorer job with Acie Law than any other rookie that he's coached. He doesn't want Acie to succeed. He pulled this same crap after the Dallas game(Law's best game but a game in which Law wasn't used enough) and the guy's confidence went down the drain.

This mentality that Woodson has is only crippling the team in future games because he will continue to give playing time to the AJ/Lue tandem and they will come up short when we need them the most.

Who are you more confident in at this point AJ, Law or Lue? Which two would you play if you were Woody?

I think Acie is the best Point guard we have even with his lack of experience.

It would be Law/Lue if I were Woody with Lue playing exclusively as a 2.

• Premium Member

Quote:

what type of confidence does that show in your players when you say that they weren't a good fit and you didn't even give them the opportunity.

I think that Woodson has done a much poorer job with Acie Law than any other rookie that he's coached. He doesn't want Acie to succeed. He pulled this same crap after the Dallas game(Law's best game but a game in which Law wasn't used enough) and the guy's confidence went down the drain.

This mentality that Woodson has is only crippling the team in future games because he will continue to give playing time to the AJ/Lue tandem and they will come up short when we need them the most.

Who are you more confident in at this point AJ, Law or Lue? Which two would you play if you were Woody?

I think Acie is the best Point guard we have even with his lack of experience.

It would be Law/Lue if I were Woody with Lue playing exclusively as a 2.

I don't think anybody is saying that Law is not a good fit. What is being said is that Law needs to become a little better at some aspects of the game. I don't think Woody will Lenny Wilkens Law and just bench him until he learns, but in the midst of a playoff run, we play Law when we can but priority goes towards winning. If Law brings Winning, then we play Law more. This is a time for Law to learn from Watching as well as playing. Many people feel that he needs to be on the floor 100% of the time in order to learn. However, He can get in time as he has earned it and learn by watching the Vets in front of him.

Quote:

Many people feel that he needs to be on the floor 100% of the time in order to learn.

You know damn well no one said that. A great game was followed by 5 minutes and then 0 minutes. He should never play 0% is the point. He should get a minimum of 10-15 minutes every single night to see how he does and if he gets into a rhythm.