b3bawla

Here's the deal.

ATL sends...

Ty Lue

Lorenzen Wright

Marvin Williams

SAC sends...

Brad Miller

Sacramento does this deal because 1) they are an old team that is mediocre, so they need to make changes 2)they geta 21 year old with a sweet jumper (who may complement Kevin Martin's slashing quite well). 3) They get a couple expiring contracts that will free up about 5 mil next year.

Atlanta does this deal because 1) we desperately need low post scoring...DESPERATELY!!!!2) Brad miller can rebound (9.7 or so this year) 3) this trade finally gives us someone to run pick and pop plays 4) Horford gets to move to the 4 (which will help him offensively and defensively) 5) we gain much more versatility, as we have some one to score in half court sets

So what I'm wondering is...would Sacramento ever go for this deal? And should we try to pursue it?

I guess if they did this deal they'd need to do something with Artest, as they'd have a logjam on awkwardly talented small forward that don't rebound as well as they should.

Anyway, tell me what you think.

That would be great. I'm thinking if they did it for Lue, Wright and Zaza (and maybe Cenk Akyol) we'd really be in a great position.

AJ/Law/Salim

Joe/Chillz/Mario

Smoove/Marvin/Chillz

Horford/Smoove/Solomon

Miller/Horford/Shelden

I like that squad. Miller's passing helps ouffset our weak PG position. We instantly become MUCH deeper and a better rebounding club. That starting fron line would get about 25 boards per game. We can play Miller less (he's getting 36 minutes a game) and use Marvin and Chillz to give fits to our opponents bench. Also the Miller, Smoove Marvin frontline would open up space for Smoove (or anyone else) to drive.

Finally Brad Miller has real playoff experience. In 21 playoff starts he's averaged about 10 points, 6 boards, and 3 assists. Not great stuff but he's been there and he can help us.

So, I checked out his player profile here...

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/brad_miller/index.html

Because I havent been able to watch him play much. My question is: Can he defend? He's a legit 7 footer. I had no idea he could shoot the three (30% clip).

Anyway, he sounds good, but I dont know how the salaries and whatnot would work out. How much is he making now?

Quote:

So, I checked out his player profile here...

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/brad_miller/index.html

Because I havent been able to watch him play much. My question is: Can he defend? He's a legit 7 footer. I had no idea he could shoot the three (30% clip).

Anyway, he sounds good, but I dont know how the salaries and whatnot would work out. How much is he making now?

Damn I didnt know his numbers were that good he is a bit injury prone he is a really good rebounder and good passer for a big man. This would alow Smoove to go the 3 and Al Horford to the 4 and Miller at the 5 we would finally have a huge front line. though if we can somehow get Miller and Bibby giving them Marvin + zaza and still be able to sign Smoove Id do it all day.

Quote:

I think Sacramento wouldn't even ask for Marvin if they were able to dump Miller's large contract.

They have Hawes and Moore to replace him.

Exactly!

Plus, Brad Miller is not a low post threat anyway!

Don't get me wrong, I would like to add a guy like Miller, but I believe it would take much less than a package including Marvin... Marvin is still so young and good to give up on him!

Quote:

Quote:

I think Sacramento wouldn't even ask for Marvin if they were able to dump Miller's large contract.

They have Hawes and Moore to replace him.

Exactly!

Plus, Brad Miller is not a low post threat anyway!

Don't get me wrong, I would like to add a guy like Miller, but I believe it would take much less than a package including Marvin... Marvin is still so young and good to give up on him!

Marvin is not that good.

No way, not without getting multiple future 1sts or another player that can contribute immediately and long term for us. Brad Miller is what, 31 years old and injury prone? I would love to have him on the Hawks but Marvin is worth a lot more than that. You guys are letting the recent losses really cloud your judgment of Marvin and for the Smoove fan that said Marvin has no heart or fire you are obviously watching some other team play. Marvin has a TON of heart and fire and while he makes stupid decisions trying to dunk over people sometimes you all need to realize that he is a kid and the 3rd option on the Hawks. EVERYONE on the Hawks makes stupid decisions and looks lethargic out there sometimes, even your hero Smoove and aren't we damn glad that we didn't trade him last year when he was having a pitiful first half of the season!

Back to Brad Miller, he would be a very good 5 to pair with Al but with the way the Kings are playing I'm not sure they will be looking to move him or anyone else at this point.

That's got to be one of the dumbest trade proposals ever made on these boards. Heck even Diesel would trade Marvin for more than that. It reminds me of how a lot of people wanted to trade Josh Smith so easily early in the season when he stunk (as he usually does early in the season).

As for SmooveTheFuture you opinions of Marvin are so diluted it isn’t even funny. I’m going to add a signature with Chris Paul in a Bucks jersey just for you. Quit crying over spilled milk like a little baby; everyone knows that CP3 should have been the pick. I wanted Paul to be our pick worse than anyone BEFORE the ’05 draft, yet I’m not still crying over it 3 years later. I’m a Hawks fan I don’t know about you.

Just clearing up some things:

- Miller is not a low post scorer. He's a face the basket shooter from midrange. He's a very good shooter from 15 - 20 feet. Almost 70% of his shots are jumpers. Essentially, he's a center version of Marvin, when it comes to offense. A better comparison would compare his offensive game to Big Z.

- Miller will make 11.37 million next year and 12.25 million the year after.

- He's still a good rebounder and passer in the halfcourt offense.

- Defensively, he's average at best.