• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Acie hurt????

DrReality

• Premium Member

Quote:

GODAMMMMMMMMMMMMM SHELHEAD DID IT. Its always those non talented shyyty players like Shel and that Hollins guy on the Bobcats that hurt Acie. Although Hollins play was dirty, Shell was just a clumsy oager.

What did the Hawks do to deserve such abysmal karma for so long??

It's like you expect the worst as a fan, and every season still manages to disappoint you.

The real messed up part if his wrist is hurt bad is that he just started playing well. Just like when he got hurt vs Charlotte earlier this year right when he started playing real well. I HONESTLY THINK WE REALLY ARE CURSED.

• Premium Member

Quote:

The real messed up part if his wrist is hurt bad is that he just started playing well. Just like when he got hurt vs Charlotte earlier this year right when he started playing real well. I HONESTLY THINK WE REALLY ARE CURSED.

I don't know why this has to happen to us man... Between the Falcons and Hawks you CAN'T have worse luck, it's ridiculous.

Quote:

That curse begins and ends with the Atlanta Spirit and Billy Knight. Get rid of them and the team will be fine.

Hope we get an update soon. They are in Sac today so hopefully he will get it evaluated so we can hear something.

Don’t look now …

By Sekou K Smith | Thursday, February 21, 2008, 01:56 AM

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

SACRAMENTO - When Acie Law IV walked across the floor in street clothes at the end of the Hawks’ 119-107 loss to the Kings, I wasn’t sure what to make of it.

He’d already scooted off to the locker room after injuring his right wrist late in the third quarter. But I figured he might have just tweaked it and needed a pack of ice or something.

It turns out things could be much dire than that. Law was headed off-site to get an MRI exam on that wrist, the same one that cost him time earlier this season and the same one that he’s had trouble with throughout his career (fearless as he is going to the basket, Law hasn’t figured out a way to brace himself on his falls back to earth and seems to always use that hand).

Hawks coach Mike Woodson insisted that anything said before the results are delivered Thursday afternoon would be nothing but speculation.

And with Mike Bibby nursing a bad heel, Speedy Claxton in Atlanta with a surgically repaired knee and now Law with the wrist, the Hawks’ point guard situation is back in the crosshairs - this four days after the trade for Bibby was supposed to solve all these problems.

“We’ve just got to wait and see,” Woodson said when I asked him if they were worried that Law broke his wrist. “It could be. It’s a possibility We’ll just have to see how the results come out.”

If that’s the case, the Hawks will have to scramble to find depth at the position.

“We don’t know, we’re going to have to go out and find someone, maybe in the D-League,” Woodson said, again playing the speculation game. “Right now we just don’t know. We’re just speculating until the results come out.”

Interesting point is that Sekou finally confirmed that Craig Claxton did have the knee surgery.

Without Law the Hawks are in trouble, but its not as dire as some make it out. Childress can play point. Richardson can handle the relief of JJ, and maybe Salim can find that playing time he needs to develop a consistant NBA game.

I think Acie broke his hand and the Hawks are looking for a backup PG in trades without letting other teams know that Acie is out and we are at a tough spot.

Why else Sekou hasn't come out with any news? If there was good news, we would have heard that.

We will know the truth after 3 pm - after the trading deadline passes.

I would be ecstatic to be wrong.