• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Can 37 wins get the Hawks into the playoffs?

WraithSentinel

I think 35 wins might get us in. Philly is playing good b-ball these days, but I think they have 2 games vs Orlando coming up, then they start their west coast trip once March comes around.

For us to get to 37 wins, we're going to have to go 16 - 14 the rest of the way. The only way we do that, is if we make a big time run against the weaker teams in the East ( lol . . but we can't even beat Chrlotte without Greald Wallace ).

The December win vs Miami, that the league took away from us, is GIGANTIC now. To find a way to blow that game, might be the first nail in our coffin. We need every win we can get these days.

Here's my predition for the rest of the season. It may be a little optimistic, but who knows, we might even win against some good teams.

It is going to be tight. Get ready for an exciting playoff race. Woohoooo!!!

16 Wins 14 Losses

@Golden State L

@Utah L

@San Antonio L

Sacramento W

NY Knicks W

@Boston L

Golden State L

@New Orleans L

@Charlotte W

Miami W

@Orlando L

Houston L

LA Clippers W

@NY Knicks W

@Washington W

@New Jersey L

Orlando L

@Chicago W

Milwaukee W

Chicago W

NY Knicks W

@Memphis W

Toronto L

Philadelphia W

@Philadelphia L

@Indiana W

@NY Knicks W

Boston L

Orlando L

Miami W

The bad thing is that this team is SO MUCH better talent wise and player wise than any team ranked 5-10 in the Eastern conference. We should be top 4 IMO based on our talent. But we don't play that way, we STILL don't know how to play together, and noone is on the same page. We play fine until the other team goes on a run and then we start panicking, and completely lose confidence and they completely stop believing in themselves. This is why road games are almost unwinnable.

It's a sign of the coach, obviously, but there are also other factors.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I think
35 wins
might get us in. Philly is playing good b-ball these days, but I think they have 2 games vs Orlando coming up, then they start their west coast trip once March comes around.

For us to get to 37 wins, we're going to have to go 16 - 14 the rest of the way. The only way we do that, is if we make a big time run against the weaker teams in the East ( lol . . but we can't even beat Chrlotte without Greald Wallace ).

The December win vs Miami, that the league took away from us, is GIGANTIC now. To find a way to blow that game, might be the first nail in our coffin. We need every win we can get these days.

If Chicago trades Ben Wallace, and gets something favorable in return they have the potential to make a run.

If I had to put money on it...I would place a large bet against the Hawks making the playoffs.

It'd be somewhat embarrassing to slide into the playoffs with only 37 wins. I believe if you can't even win half of your games, then you really don't belong in the playoffs. I mean you've had 82 games in which to get it together, and you can't even win half of those....and also when it's very possible that two teams out West will win 45-50+ games this season and still miss out on the playoffs. Golden State is 12 games over .500, and yet they are still in 9th place out West. But whatever. Can't help the fact that we're in the weaker conference, and I will happily live with embarrassment if that means seeing us back in the playoffs again.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Great argument there Hotlanta. I bet it took you hours to come up with that.

If you think I'm wrong, why don't you man up and take the bet? It looks like no one else wants to.

I'll definitely take that bet.

Considering how every bet I've ever made in favor of the Hawks has resulted in a great shot of disappointment to the face, I'm thinking that now that I'm betting against them they can prove me wrong yet again

• 1 month later...