• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Someone PLEASE tell me...

ATL_BALLER

...how Houston is on this unprecedented streak with T-Mac and a bunch of moderate (albeit spirited) role players, while we have this suite of first round talent and nothing really to show for it?

Steve Novak? Mike Harris? Chuck Hayes? A close to 50-Dikembe?

It's more rhetorical, but perhaps you all can shed some light...

Quote:

how Houston is on this unprecedented streak with T-Mac and a bunch of moderate (albeit spirited) role players, while we have this suite of first round talent and nothing really to show for it?

You ring???

Woody.jpg

Quote:

...how Houston is on this unprecedented streak with T-Mac and a bunch of moderate (albeit spirited) role players, while we have this suite of first round talent and nothing really to show for it?

Because they play D-E-F-E-N-S-E ... D-E-F-E-N-S-E !!!

T-Mac has been playing superstar MVP like during this run.

Dikembe defends the paint and rebounds.

Battier is close to a lockdown defender.

Chuck Hayes, while undersized, rebounds and plays defense.

Even "Skip to my Lou" aka Rafer Alston, has been playing the point well and defending.

Luis Scola looks like he's the ish these days. I wish we'd had either Luis or Chuck, over Zaza oteven Chill.

I think you mean Mike James, instead of Mike Harris.

And another thing about that team, is they can shoot the 3, which of course is bad news for us.

At least we shouldn't be sending any double teams toward Dikembe tomorrow night. Hopefully T-Mac will have one of those 8 - 23 FG games that he used to have before this streak

• Premium Member

Quote:

The thing I don't get is how Washington can be better than us. Their second best player is Deshawn Stevenson

its simple...their confidence is sky high right now but even more so, they have a good coach who stressed defense and they bring 110% every night. Hawks definitely have better players than them though. Hawks are a good coach and a quality veteran big man away from being contenders

I agree with the others.

They have a competent coach who keeps the offense moving. To think their coach contacted our ownership about a coaching availability for the Hawks before he took the Houston job. The ASG said no thanks...we are happy with Woody. I hope this was one of the 3 times BK asked the ASG to fire Woody.

Houston actually plays defense too.

Quote:

Quote:

They have a competant coach...well they actually have the COY just because of this streak alone.

A coach who, by some accounts, called the ASG this past offseason interested in the Hawks job (well his agent called) and was turned away.

sickening...just plain sickening...like i got hit in the gut.

Just FYI for all the Sothron lovers. I called his bluff and approached one of his "sources" and his supposed source told me that Sothron apparently knew him (source) a helluva better than the source knew Sothron.

I was also told by Mullin that Sothron's sources were garbage. Anybody that believes that Adelman fairy tale should believe in the Easter Bunny as well.

Rick Adelman NEVER called the ASG and asked if there was a job opening coming. Thats another lie that Sothron told just like the story about the team quitting in Minnesota.

Do not quote Sothron as a source for a real story. Thats not good enough by a long shot.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Just FYI for all the Sothron lovers. I called his bluff and approached one of his "sources" and his supposed source told me that Sothron apparently knew him (source) a helluva better than the source knew Sothron.

I was also told by Mullin that Sothron's sources were garbage. Anybody that believes that Adelman fairy tale should believe in the Easter Bunny as well.

Rick Adelman NEVER called the ASG and asked if there was a job opening coming. Thats another lie that Sothron told just like the story about the team quitting in Minnesota.

Do not quote Sothron as a source for a real story. Thats not good enough by a long shot.

It's kinda funny to hear the amount of hate that some here have/had for Sothron. Let it go. The attacks were NEVER really about his "inside" information. It seemed more about jealousy over the spotlight more than anything else. This is "inside" info from someone who's not a journalist on a fan created sports website. C'mon, I mean how credible is most of the stuff that we read here? The only reason why Soth was singled out was because some actually believed what he posted and asked for him specifically when they had a question about the players/ownership/etc, and the resident egotists couldn't stand it.

Quote:

Quote:

It's kinda funny to hear the amount of hate that some here have/had for Sothron. Let it go. The attacks were NEVER really about his "inside" information. It seemed more about jealousy over the spotlight more than anything else. This is "inside" info from someone who's not a journalist on a fan created sports website. C'mon, I mean how credible is most of the stuff that we read here? The only reason why Soth was singled out was because some actually believed what he posted and asked for him specifically when they had a question about the players/ownership/etc, and the resident egotists couldn't stand it.

You're way off. You obviously don't know TP or Sothron. I was very friendly with Soth but had issues over his lying to me. When a man tells me he may or may not lie to me... that's a major effing problem.

Before you say something like you did, you should know a little about the person you are talking about. TP is the real deal. Do you think he's lying? He knows who he knows and doesn't brag about it. You should believe me when I tell you, he is faaar more credible than Sothron.

I do miss Soth. He was cool until he went Nutzo.

Quote:

Quote:

Your a funny guy. Yeah, most people really want to be rock stars on Internet sites. And for those who can't ever attain such lofty status we resent those who have climbed the Internet Rockstar world. They must be taken down at all costs.

Seriously, a guy in this thread was spouting off about how Adelman was inquiring about being a coach here in Atlanta...and we supposedly turned him down. Now, I cannot stand BK, Woody, or the ASG but they never turned down Adelman because he never applied here. Thats a typical BS Internet rumor that has no basis. And it spreads and is taken as fact when it is truly a lie. Personally, I like reading opinions on this site but I don't like BS by some self important loser who says things that can never be verified and then claims he is some connected dude. Wake up.

If somebody here had true inside scoop that was reliable and could be verified then I'm on the bandwagon. But Sothrons' stuff was crap and it didn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out. And I took the time to look into his "scoop" and found that it was just garbage. Thats why he left, because he could no longer take the heat. He gave me two people to check out and I checked them out. Bye Bye Sothron.

• Premium Member

I'm not calling TP's motives into question as much as I was making a general statement as to why Sothron was attacked as much as he was for posting some of the same crap that I see posted here everyday. I mean, how many of those mock "latest information" threads did we see cluttering up the front page of this message board? There was obviously a little more to it than angst over Sothron's supposed lying about having inside sources/info. Don't take anything I say personally as I try my best NOT to confront anybody on the 'net over something as trivial as sports. I was just making an observation.

Quote:

I'm not calling TP's motives into question as much as I was making a general statement as to why Sothron was attacked as much as he was for posting some of the same crap that I see posted here everyday. I mean, how many of those mock "latest information" threads did we see cluttering up the front page of this message board? There was obviously a little more to it than angst over Sothron's supposed lying about having inside sources/info. Don't take anything I say personally as I try my best NOT to confront anybody on the 'net over something as trivial as sports. I was just making an observation.

Sothron did not post like people on here everyday. He grew into legend in his own mind and claimed that he had inside info. I dont see anyone else making that claim, do you?

Honestly, I don't care if the guy was BSing. But, I hate reading stuff that is false like we turned down Adelman. Or, that inside sources say that the Hawks were meeting behind the scenes to get Woodson fired in Minnesota. Lies don't form the basis of constructive discussion.