• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

David Andersen Mix

Johnnybravo4

Quote:

Aren't the Hawks bringing him over next season?

Yes, according to Sekou Smith at the AJC. If we pick up a FA defensive big, our Center rotation should look like:

Horford/FA Defensive Big like Diop/David Andersen/Zaza

Andersen is going to be better than Zaza...I mean, you cant get much worse than Zaza. Plus, DA has range and can score. We could then find a way to get rid of Zaza. Having just DA and Zaza as backups wont be enough to help mitigate our lack of inside presence in the paint. We need that defensive big on FA to be the #1 option off the bench. This will also allow Horf to play more PF minutes.

Hopefully that WNBA ball he currently plays with doesn't affect his ability to play with an NBA ball. Don't know if that is an issue with international players but just saying... This guy is already better than ZaZa Crapula should be a welcome edition with championship success and experience in a professional league.

Andersen will be a great addition. The high pick and roll with Bibby or JJ will be devestating with him. The guy is a lot like Brad Miller in that respect. I don't think Andersen brings as much rebounding tenacity as Miller though.

I wonder where he would be projected for this year's draft if he were entering this year. He looks like a late 1st rounder......bigs with that have some offensive skill set don't grow on trees. He looks ZaZa with more physical coordination and maybe 10 pounds lighter. Those turn around jumpers were nice.

How old is Anderson now ? Maybe 26 ?

Keeping it real:

That was was some weak competition in the paint in those clips. He was going up for finishes in the paint and released the ball at the 9 foot in height mark. That will not fly in the NBA if a PG is guarding.... much less a center. I hope his perimeter game and skill makes up for weak ability to finish. (If you only have 2 dunks on a YouTube high light clips that means you don't finish with authority very often at all.)

Quote:

Keeping it real:

That was was some weak competition in the paint in those clips. He was going up for finishes in the paint and released the ball at the 9 foot in height mark. That will not fly in the NBA if a PG is guarding.... much less a center. I hope his perimeter game and skill makes up for weak ability to finish. (If you only have 2 dunks on a YouTube high light clips that means you don't finish with authority very often at all.)

I was thinking the same thing. He definitely doesn't have the athletic ability and strength to finish over and through NBA bigs judging from that clip, and he didn't look quick off his feet either. He does have length though, and it looks like he can use both hands. If he can do that he could be nifty around the basket and finish that way.

Hey, look what we have in that spot now. Hopefully, he's better than that.

Quote:

Everyone looks good in highlight mixes.

Look at this guy in the video.

It looks like he can block shots and run the floor like a sf.

He looks like a good jump shooter and a strong finisher inside.

video

That is what I said in the beginning. Although DA has been one of the top Euroleague players for years now...Zaza was mostly a project. Besides, Zaza was that man in the beginning, but he has lost something