• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Danny Ainge has proved.

Diesel

• Premium Member

That having talent is better than having youth!

That said...

Is there any player that we would sink some of our core youth into to give this team a shot to do a Boston Celtic Move?

For instance...

A Resigned Smoove/Marvin for Bosh?

Nah that wouldn't happen.

Better yet...

A resigned Smoove/Bibby for JO?

Would having JO/JJ guarantee us 50+ wins next year?

Quote:

That said...

Is there any player that we would sink some of our core youth into to give this team a shot to do a Boston Celtic Move?

For instance...

Better yet...

Are you JohnnyBravo ?

JO is not a $20 mill per year player that he is paid to be ! He is not worth Smoove. He can't even stay healthy.

You brought up Al Jefferson and Okefor earlier. Stick with those 2 guys.

I'd trade Smoove for Jefferson is a heartbeat......they are both up foir new contracts.

Okefor I'm skeptical on (for Smoove) but he has ALOT more left in the tank then JO.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

That said...

For instance...

Better yet...

Are you JohnnyBravo ?

JO is not a $20 mill per year player that he is paid to be ! He is not worth Smoove. He can't even stay healthy.

You brought up Al Jefferson and Okefor earlier. Stick with those 2 guys.

I'd trade Smoove for Jefferson is a heartbeat......they are both up foir new contracts.

Okefor I'm skeptical on (for Smoove) but he has ALOT more left in the tank then JO.

That was brown liquor drinking Diesel.

This is realistic Diesel.

Realistic Diesel says that Jefferson is going nowhere.

Okafor can be moved but who knows.

However, what if JO has about 3 more good seasons in him.

Bibby and either Smoove or Marvin for JO... could mean 50 wins.. could mean 60 wins...

we're talking JO/Horf/Marv/JJ/Law.

A true low post presence.

I would trade Marvin / Bibby for JO all day.

No way I trade Smith for JO. NO WAY! A star on the rise for a star on the down side of his career with injury history ? No way !

I would much rather have Kaman then O'Neil at this point in their careers. Kaman is more the rtrue center and the superior defender and rebounder. Kaman has some injury issues himself but not as many as JO.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

He isn't even remotely a low post presense. He settles for jumpers that he can't make for crap and that is why he shoots only 44%.

He's forgotten more post moves today than Josh Smith Knows..

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

He isn't even remotely a low post presense. He settles for jumpers that he can't make for crap and that is why he shoots only 44%.

He's forgotten more post moves today than Josh Smith Knows..

But Smith actually plays in the post far more than O'Neal. JO is a wimp.

It is funny how you were constantly bitching about Smiths shooting percentage at the 4 but you want to bring in a guy who shoots worse.

• Premium Member

LoL, stay off that stuff man...

JO isn't the answer. I'm not concerned about his paycheck and his production, so much as I am concerned about him being a multi-million dollar courtside cheerleader. Maybe for cheaper if he were younger.

Okafor I like. Man...a front line of Ok and Horf... We'd OWN the glass...

stirthepot.gif

Quote:

That said...

For instance...

Better yet...

JO overrated like bibby, and bosh is not available.

• Premium Member

Quote:

JO isn't the answer. I'm not concerned about his paycheck and his production, so much as I am concerned about him being a multi-million dollar courtside cheerleader. Maybe for cheaper if he were younger.

stirthepot.gif

Bibs/MW for JO!

Quote:

Quote:

stirthepot.gif

Bibs/MW for JO!

quit screaming for JO, he is not good anymore, he's like Bibby, and VC. Injuries meant he felt off.

Quote:

we're talking JO/Horf/Marv/JJ/Law.

This is why I have to ignore everything you say Diesel. Garbage like this. A post presence that shot 44% the last two years and has never gotten about 50%? And has never played 82 games his whole career (last 4 years he hasn't broken 70). He is owed $20 million dollars each the next two years!!! Would you trade for Shaq? I wouldn't, and I wouldn't trade for JO either.

As much as I don't like Bibby and Marvin, trading them for Jermaine O'Neal is not going to make the team any better. I'd rather just let Bibby's contract run out, or trade him for young prospects to a team that needs an expiring contract.

• Premium Member

I'm sorry I don't quote stats like you and senor stat..

However, when I watch JO.. I see that the guy has post moves. Sorta like Rasheed. He shots from outside a lot.. however, he's probably the most unstoppable post up guy playing.

BTW...

Hawks fans on KG in the summer...

Quote:

Regarding Garnet; he really has shown that he can't carry a team. He fills up the stat sheet, but that is it. He's a prototypical #2 player. Team him up with a true #1 (Kobe) and he'll explode and his team will flourish. By himself, Garnet offers a huge contract and 2 to maybe 3 years of good production. That doesn't seem like a good acquisition for the Hawks.

-Frosgrim

So you see, Atlanta fans are like typical fans... overprotective of their roster. Even if it means a huge upgrade.

I don't think JO is out of gas. I think he'd be a pretty good pick up.

But hey, what's Marvin and Bibby anyhow?

I would send Bibby's and Zaza's expiring contracts for him MAX. I wouldn't even put Chillz in a deal for him at this point. If he keeps with his recent pattern, between him and Speedy, we'd have $25M sitting on the bench for most of the season. Now if they buy him out and we can go after him for a LOT less money, fine. At $20M a season for the next THREE years, no way in hell.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

he's probably the most unstoppable post up guy playing.

How do you explain his god aweful shooting %? Bad shot selection?

I don't begin to explain his shooting percentage. Maybe bad Shot selection, maybe bad plan by Indy. And I come back off of most unstoppable post guy.... there's still guys like Zebo and Duncan and Shaq.

However, I'll say it like this: He's a guy that has shown that he has good post up moves, he plays defense, and he would be a very good fit and model for Horf. He didn't get the 20+ Million dollar contract because he was spooning Bird. This guy was carrying Indy.

• Moderators

They talk about the big 3 but really its Pierce and Garnett that are the keys. Joe would be our Pierce but he's probably not as good as Pierce. But we would need to land someone comparable to Garnett and I'm not sure that's possible. Obviously we would have to give up Horford and probably Smoove if that guy was even out there to be had.

I think we have to find a big time scorer to play the 2 or 3 with JJ and continue to have smoove and horford at the 4 and 5.

• Moderators

Plus remember that bringing Garnett to Boston was a conspiracy between Ainge, Mchale, and Stern to make Boston a power again and go back to the days of Lakers / Celtics domination. How do you think the Lakers got Gasol for nothing?