• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dallas 87, Atlanta 70

dickaufan12

6 minutes, 5 Fouls, 1 Turnover and 0's across the board! 0 points, 0 rebs, 0 assists, 0 blocks, 0 steals, 0 shots attempted. Good grief!

Pretty good boxscore by Dickau. Can't really expect him to get a lot of assists playing with ZERO scorers around him.

Diaw's 3 for 10 might be an indication of why he prefers to pass. As long as he takes care of the ball though (those 5 turnovers are not going to cut it if he can't shoot) I can wait on his offensive game to develop.

Good looking boxscore by Hansen. My only question is why in the [censored] is he not starting if we KNOW he is going to be on the roster next year? Charles Smith should be the one coming off the bench.

calling up Dish network to get a free preview for 2 days of all the sports channels just so I can watch Lebron and the Cavs go up against the Hawks. It's pretty [censored] cheap of me. LOL. But since I only have the top 50 channels and the summer league is not on ESPN 2....I do what I have to do....Thanks Cyman for the stats...

I expect Dickau to make similar progress to that of Steve Nash in his second year. As I have posted before, their numbers were very similar for their first season.

As for his turnovers, he's had 5 in the two games. That's not bad for a guy who handles the ball as much as he does.

I'd be interested in seeing how Diaw got his turnovers. Did he dribble the ball off his feet? Was it stolen from him? Did he make some bad passes? A lot of times, a player is credited with a turnover when it isn't totally his fault.

But, summer league stat lines mean nothing. I want to emphasize that the summer league is more for determining what kind of talent your players have.

Dan Dickau - We know he can shoot. We know he has great court vision and instincts. We know he struggled with the speed and quickness of the NBA. The main thing he needs to show is that he has improved his lateral ability and his quickness.

Boris Diaw - We knew coming in that he could pass and was athletic. We know that he needs to find his shot and gain some confidence in it.

Travis Hansen - We know he's a great athlete who can defend, and like Diaw, we need him to find his shot.

Corey Benjamin - I personaly feel that he's going to make this team as a 5th guard that can play some small forward. He's probably the best overall player on the Hawks summer league team.

And you know what it took Steve Nash 4 years to start doing well. DD is not even in his second year and already he is showing me some things...15 pts., 3.5 dimes per game thus far in 23.5 min. per game.....not bad......I think T. Hansen will be good too....J. Barry comparison is fair....Diaw reminds me of D. Christie...atleast the way he puts up his numbers...very well rounded.

I know that it is only the summer league, but maybe Dickau is finally showing some things that will get some positive, or at least neutral, feedback from Hawks fans. If Dan became 75% of the player that Stevie Nash is, I would be proud. Just so long as no pictures of him drunk surface on the internet.

Well, I think it is pretty foolish for some to get down on Dickau after his first year performance anyway. The guy played well in the summer league last year, got hurt, and when he came back, he struggled with the speed of the NBA game.

Dickau showed late in the year that he could shoot the ball and really got on some hot streaks shooting the ball. He showed flashes of his playmaking ability as a passer, but he didn't do that consistently. He knows the things he needs to work on like his defensive intensity and his ability to shoot off the dribble.

He's going to get better. I compared him to Steve Nash coming out of college, and I think it's a fair comparison. I watched Dickau at Gonzaga, and I watched Nash at Santa Clara. There were very similar players with very similar skills. Look at their first year stats. Very similar.

have they signed him yet? they may not, thus allowing them to use him in a trade (if they sign him, they have to wait something like three months).