No Suspensions

Inside_Man

According to the letter of the law, players from each team should be (Perkins, Marv especially). However, I guess the League really does want to see the Celtics make it all the way...they know whats up. They know that them losing Perkins (or worse Garnett) is a hell of a lot bigger blow than us losing Marvin.

I knew the NBA was crooked when I read that David Stern advised James Dolan of the New York Knicks to hire Jerry Colangelo as President and Kiki Vandeweigh as GM. Now, what business does the commission of the league have in recommended anyone for any team?

I can't be the only one who thinks this is a good thing. Seriously, this has been a fantastic series and it would be a shame to see it tainted by suspensions, just like it was a shame last year when Amare and Diaw got suspended. All personal interests aside, as a basketball fan, you have to like the fact that the league is going to let a memorable playoff matchup be settled on the court and not in the league office, no?

I am beyond livid. No KG pushed the ref first then the ref grabbed him and then KG really pushed the ref.

This just proves rules are not rules when it benefits a team the NBA wants to win.

Garnett touches the ref first in that video and he can break any rule he wants.

This disgusts me.

IN 05 when Walker was suspended all he did was move the ref over to yell at the ref that gave him a T when he was literally protecting his young teammate from Jermaine O'Neil who had almost pushed him down and the media was all over Walker being suspended and all he did was move the ref. Every single one of these hypocrite news people like Steven A Smith and ESPN agreed with the suspension.

The rule states if you touch a ref you get suspended PERIOD. There is no debate unless you Kevin Garnett apparently.

Did anyone honestly believe that KG would be suspended? No need to your hopes up. He got T-ed up for throwing an elbow after the whistle, but the ref didn't give him a second T for shoving him around. No way that he was going to be suspended if he wasn't ejected from the game.

On the other hand, I honestly though Marvin and Perkins were going to get it handed out. Last year David Stern said that there was "no room" for interpretation in that rule. Entering the court during an altercation leads to a suspension. I really hope that Phoenix fans are aware of this and are flooding the league office with dirty e-mails. The deal with Stoudemire and especially Diaw last year gave them plenty of reason to complain. But Stern says that he'd treat every team that way, regardless of what players were involved, because it's the rule.

Perkins was standing up, and then took two steps onto the court during the altercation before Doc pulled him back. He was probably just watching, same as Marvin, but he ran the risk of getting involved if it escalated.

I suppose that the gray area involved here is that, despite KG taking out his aggression on Rush, is that Stern decided this isn't an altercation. Just, as a basketball fan rather than a Hawks fan, I'd like to have seen at least some consistency to the treatment the Suns received last year.

Quote:

On the other hand, I honestly though Marvin and Perkins were going to get it handed out. Last year David Stern said that there was "no room" for interpretation in that rule. Entering the court during an altercation leads to a suspension. I really hope that Phoenix fans are aware of this and are flooding the league office with dirty e-mails. The deal with Stoudemire and especially Diaw last year gave them plenty of reason to complain. But Stern says that he'd treat every team that way, regardless of what players were involved, because it's the rule.

That's why I was pretty certain only Marv and Perkins were going to be suspended. But hey, its good to have Marv here. However, with the way both Marv and Perkins have played THIS SERIES, losing Perkins would have easily hurt the Celtics a little more.