• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If Maggette opts out, he can replace MW in 08-09

HAWKS1986

Corey Maggette can opt out of his contract, and i think he would be a great addition to the Hawks.

Marvin Williams will likely have to be traded very soon-- while he is still perceived to have some value..

Maggette is a versatile player who can handle the basketball, draw fouls, shoot threes, a decent defender and provide veteran leadership.

Maggette at 6'6 can play the shooting guard or small forward position.

Teams would have to respect Maggette's ability to create and draw fouls and gives the Hawks another shooter.

This playoff series has exposed Marvin's weaknesses as a player to a lesser degree Chillz as well.

Quote:

Was Maggete able to stay healthy this season? I know he has had a few bad injuries but I really didnt pay much attention to the Clips.

Maggette played in 70 games in 2007. He has had a few injuries, but generally he has been a durable player. In 2005, he did play in 32 games.

He has a much stronger offensive/defensive skillset than Marvin and I believe his presence would significally help the Hawks in the Eastern Conference.

Maggette is in his prime, and i hope the Hawks seriosuly consider him for next year if he opts out.

only question is if the hawks can afford him great but will he want to play here? i'm pretty sure he'll got alot of offers and most of them will probably sound better than signing with the hawks. don't get me wrong i love the hawks but 85% of the player in the nba wouldn't want to play for the hawks

Quote:

only question is if the hawks can afford him great but will he want to play here? i'm pretty sure he'll got alot of offers and most of them will probably sound better than signing with the hawks. don't get me wrong i love the hawks but 85% of the player in the nba wouldn't want to play for the hawks

You're right, but the Hawks making it to the playoffs (being on national TV) and fighting the Celtics may give free agents hope that Atlanta is a place where there is room for growth and success.

If the Hawks hadn't made the playoffs, then Maggette might not give us a serious chance.

However, the chances for a Eastern Conference team making to the playoffs is greater than staying with the Clippers in the tougher Western Conference.

Quote:

I personally love the idea in every way but wheres this money coming from when we neeed to risign the joshes.

The Hawks would have to let Chillz go...

The Hawks would need to explore finding a way to get rid of Speedy's contract.

The Hawks may have to plead with J Smith for a 'hometown discount' (6 years, 60 million) of sorts ala Gilbert Arenas.. Arenas said he wants to stay in Washington, and would take less money to keep Antawn Jamison..

Ask J Smith, help us get Corey Maggette here-- he might be responsive.. maybe

• Premium Member

Quote:

Corey Maggette can opt out of his contract, and i think he would be a great addition to the Hawks.

Marvin Williams will likely have to be traded very soon-- while he is still perceived to have some value..

Maggette is a versatile player who can handle the basketball, draw fouls, shoot threes, a decent defender and provide veteran leadership.

Maggette at 6'6 can play the shooting guard or small forward position.

Teams would have to respect Maggette's ability to create and draw fouls and gives the Hawks another shooter.

This playoff series has exposed Marvin's weaknesses as a player to a lesser degree Chillz as well.

Do you know how Awesome we'd be with Maggette?

Seriously.. We'd be an awesome team.

Here's how we get him.

Hope that Brand opts out.

Talk to Maggette, get him to force a trade.

Offer Bibby/1st 2010 for Maggette/Mobley.

Let Chillz Walk. Sign Smoove.

At the end of next season, Re-up Maggette.

Somewhere in between find a trade for Marvin.

Scary is Law/JJ/Maggette/Smoove/Horf.

As much as I want to see Horf Playing PF... Hell... getting Maggette would make us the s--- in the East.

For one simple reason...

We get a guy who can post up or score going toward the basket.

I would pay him and Smoove Micheal Redd Money!!!

I actually did a little research on this earlier in the year and found that his defense is not well thought of in LA. He and Dunleavey have not got along well and Thorton was basically brought in to replace him. So if we want him it doesn't look like the Clips would put up much of a fight. And we could certainly use someone w/ his offensive skill set in the back court w/ JJ. With the way Marvin's playing I'd be up for moving JJ to the 3 and playing Jeremy Richardson at the 2.

Quote:

All I know is that I made this thread 2 years ago and got clowned.

I know, but reality has caught up with the hype.. The Hawks need a confident scoring option with a stronger skillset and Magette is a solid option..

The Hawks can't go another year deficient at the small forward position.

Quote:

Quote:

All I know is that I made this thread 2 years ago and got clowned.

I know, but reality has caught up with the hype.. The Hawks need a confident scoring option with a stronger skillset and Magette is a solid option..

The Hawks can't go another year deficient at the small forward position.

This wouldn't work, the contract are too different and Maggs isn't a good defender... If Al Horford becomes a 2 or 3 option, then we don't need that other scorer. We need a post presence for defense who is a tall Center.

• Premium Member

If you're going to trade Marvin for a veteran, you should be looking for one better than Maggette.

Marvin's stats this season as very similar to Corey's around the same age. As much as it's going to kill some of you, you're just going to have to be patient with Marvin.