• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A Game 7 win would be biggest upset ever?

HAWKS1986

Nobody has really mentioned the significance of a Hawks victory over Boston on Sunday. It would rival Dikembe's Denver team beating Seattle in 1994. Wouldn't it?

Against all odds, David Stern and ESPN analysts, a Hawks Game 7 win would go down in the history books.

It'd definitely beat Golden States win last year, but it would also go against the other 'streaks' the Celtics have going, like the whatever-nil they have of winning a series while up 2-0 etc. They flashed them all the time during games, seems sort of de-motivational. I mean damn we get the point the Cs are good.

It would be the BIGGEST NBA Playoffs upset eva. I say this because some think the Warriors of 07 had the biggest upset (as the only other team to beat a #1 seed as the #8 seed in a seven game series). But they fail to mention that the Warriors ended their regular season on a 16-5 run, had beaten the East top seeded Pistons to end the season, won 42 games that year, and beat the Mavs (their 1st round opponent) already in the reg season. So when you compare that to our younger team, having won 5 fewer games, the Celts only losing to one sub .500 team all year, our crushing defeats by the Celts in the reg season, and our backdooring into the playoffs, I think this will EASILY be the biggest upset ever.

You do know they killed the Western teams they faced...right? Come now.

And it's one thing if the Celts barely beat Eastern teams, but they flat out embarrassed them throughout the regular season by wide margins.

They beat the Lakers without Gasol.

Spurs when they were injured. One game without Parker and no Garnett yet the Celtics went 7-2 without Garnett.

Lost big time to the Suns and then won big time.

Think about it this way. The Celtics only had to play the good west teams twice, not 4 times. Results would be different if they had.

I agree that things would have been different, but not as much as you may make them out to be. The Celts catapulted to the record they did not so much because of who they played, but HOW they played. They played great consistent defense, rebounded well, had depth on the bench that could be counted on, and made shots. Simple as that.

Actually they played lights out for a month and then cruised playing 500 ball for quite awhile. Well it seemed like quite awhile. I enjoyed it muchly.:).

I actually had access to every Celtic game and there fast start is why they had that record. Plus no one stepped up. Detroit played some pretty bad basketball for what seemed like forever and they were the only threat to the Celtics record wise this year.

Magic started fast and then died. Cavs had injured Lebron and struggled. Best team by far to watch this year was the Wizards.

I never watch certain sports like hockey, tennis, golf, rowing, curling, etc. But I can safely say this would be the greatest NBA playoff upset of all time. Last year you had analysts picking the Warriors to win the series after 2 games in.

We force game seven and this is what you read:

The Celtics are still the obvious favorite, having won all three games at their place by an average of 22 points. But the Hawks have lasted longer than anyone would have expected.

There is not even a hint of hope that the Hawks could win up in Boston, even after watching us win 3 of 6.

USA hockey beating USSR

Buster beating Iron Mike

Nuggets beating the Sonics (Mutombo Denver team)

D-Backs beating the Yanks

Giants(this season) beating NE

Yea, if the hawks beat the Celts, Greatest Upset Ever!!!!

• Premium Member

Quote:

It would be the BIGGEST NBA Playoffs upset eva. I say this because some think the Warriors of 07 had the biggest upset (as the only other team to beat a #1 seed as the #8 seed in a seven game series). But they fail to mention that the Warriors ended their regular season on a 16-5 run, had beaten the East top seeded Pistons to end the season, won 42 games that year, and beat the Mavs (their 1st round opponent) already in the reg season. So when you compare that to our younger team, having won 5 fewer games, the Celts only losing to one sub .500 team all year, our crushing defeats by the Celts in the reg season, and our backdooring into the playoffs, I think this will EASILY be the biggest upset ever.

Have to agree here. We're talking the best team in basketball whereas we were the worst team in the playoffs. That has never happened.

However, to make it so sweet though is that we will have a really good shot at getting to the finals if we win.