• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Horford beats Durant to All-Rookie Team

wakingup

NEW YORK, May 13, 2008 – Kevin Durant of the Seattle SuperSonics and Al Horford of the Atlanta Hawks headline a talented group of rookies named to the 2007-08 T-Mobile NBA All-Rookie Team, the NBA announced today. Horford, the only player unanimously voted to the 2007-08 T-Mobile NBA All-Rookie Team, finished with 58. Durant, winner of the 2007-08 T-Mobile Rookie of the Year award, received a total of 57 votes.

Rest of the team was Scola, Thornton and Green

http://www.nba.com/news/all_rookie_080513.html

Quote:

It's nice to see Billy Knight not blow his last lotto pick on Yi or Wright before he hit the bricks.

I was seriously worried about Yi.

I remember watching his CBA games last summer. My first impression was wow this guy can really run. But after watching him awhile i realized he just isnt a player and i was scared that BK would draft him given his history.

They had a poll on the Bucks board awhile back which i thought was interesting. More people thought Yi will be a bust than an All-Star.

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=775540

"Watch Yi Suck Live" was the thread.

Folks were complaining it was taking up the entire 1st page.

If the Hawks had drafted Yi this place would be like an insane asylum. The Hawks would have missed the playoffs, PHX would be waiting to see where our pick landed, and the Hawks would have had a muckier logjam at the F spot.

On top of that I don't think Yi can guard any position on the floor. He can't keep up with PG, SG, or SF and he'll get knocked on his ass the rest of his NBA career by PFs and Centers.

That would have been an unmitigated disaster.

• Moderators

What idiot didn't think Durant deserved a spot on the All-Rookie team? I like Horford getting the unanimous bid and all but how does Durant not deserve a spot on the first team?

Quote:

What idiot didn't think Durant deserved a spot on the All-Rookie team?

Someone with an agenda. It's kind of funny to me.

Anyway I wish there was an age limit to "rookies" receiving awards. I don't think players who have played professionally (past college age) should even be eligible. I would have chosen Young over Scola/Green.

• Moderators

Quote:

Anyway I wish there was an age limit to "rookies" receiving awards. I don't think players who have played professionally (past college age) should even be eligible. I would have chosen Young over Scola/Green.

I agree 100%. No Ichiro or Scola type players should be in consideration for ROY anymore than Nique should have been in the running for ROY when he started playing in Europe.

Quote:

It's nice to see Billy Knight not blow his last lotto pick on Yi or Wright before he hit the bricks.

After f'ing up th 05 and 06 drafts, Bk was forced to use some common sense for once.