• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A survey on the trade value of Marvin Williams

pimp

Man, to be honest trade value isn't rated by who the better player. It is who has the most potenial, talent value, and possible impact on a team. I think more highly of Marvin then many of you on this site. I don't know how you would think Jose C. has a higher trade value then Marvin. It's clear to me, many of you all aren't smart fans at all; just dummies with strong player allegiance.

Quote:

Man, to be honest trade value isn't rated by who the better player. It is who has the most potenial, talent value, and possible impact on a team. I think more highly of Marvin then many of you on this site. I don't know how you would think Jose C. has a higher trade value then Marvin. It's clear to me, many of you all aren't smart fans at all; just dummies with strong player allegiance.

Don't see how you can say someone is a "dummy for voting for Caulderon.

He avg 11 pts and 7 ast in just 24 minutes in the playoffs . 11pts and 8ast in 30 minutes during the regular season.You don't think teams like his potenal as a fulltime starter?

hmm your the dummie for thinking MaRVIN has more value then Calderon. Jose is a game changer who can run a team to perfection he can score , pass doesnt turn it over much. He is the perfect pg for us he makes a difference out there in the way he plays do you realize that Jose has a lot more value then Marvin does. Marvin will always be the person who was picked before Chris Paul and Deron Williams just remeber that .This Marvin williams hard on thing is getting really old.

Quote:

Quote:

Don't see how you van say someone is a "dummy for voting for Caulderon.

He avg 11 pts and 7 ast in just 24 minutes.You don't think teams like his potenal as a fulltime starter?

He nice, but he is what he is... He doesn't have potenial to be even marginal All-Star. I watched him thoughout the season and he was solid. He was better when the games meant less(non playoff games) cause of his style of play. I don't need stats, I actually watch the games. To me this whole Marvin hating story has been overblown for sometime but it's worst now becuase Josh Smith fans are getting scared that his time is up. If it's Marvin time, oh well, but I feel he will be a very good player in this league. If it's Josh, samething. I will feel bad that he gone, but umm, not that bad. It's a business first and foremost. Many of you guys hating on Marvin will be like it's management fought since he was traded (if he plays great on new team). So your opinion as well as mines, means little to the Atlanta front office. Just the way it is. I seriously doubt most of those guys listed will be better then Marvin when it's all said and done. The ones off the top I remember was R. Gay, L. Aldridge, Durant, and Monta outside of them, Marvin will be better then them.

Luol Deng value is higher then Marvin but not by much and Marvin can be a better player then him. Deng is limited in certain areas and I don't see him growing much from here in terms of talent. He currently is better then Marvin, to me on same level with Josh Smith with less potenial.

Quote:

hmm your the dummie for thinking MaRVIN has more value then Calderon. Jose is a game changer who can run a team to perfection he can score , pass doesnt turn it over much. He is the perfect pg for us he makes a difference out there in the way he plays do you realize that Jose has a lot more value then Marvin does. Marvin will always be the person who was picked before Chris Paul and Deron Williams just remeber that .This Marvin williams hard on thing is getting really old.

Not only was this one of the dumbest post I have encounter on this site but it's from Josh Smith girlfriend. Damn, I know Josh is on the road a lot but damn, not this much. Chill forreal ma, Jose is not EVEN close to a game changer, hell Chris Bosh is barely one. Jose wouldn't be s!i* on the Hawks, he not even better then Bibby. Man some of you people are beyond an trip.

There you go with the CP and Deron name dropping again, no suprise there.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

He avg 11 pts and 7 ast in just 24 minutes.You don't think teams like his potenal as a fulltime starter?

He nice, but he is what he is... He doesn't have potenial to be even marginal All-Star. I watched him thoughout the season and he was solid. He was better when the games meant less(non playoff games) cause of his style of play. I don't need stats, I actually watch the games. To me this whole Marvin hating story has been overblown for sometime but it's worst now becuase Josh Smith fans are getting scared that his time is up. If it's Marvin time, oh well, but I feel he will be a very good player in this league. If it's Josh, samething. I will feel bad that he gone, but umm, not that bad. It's a business first and foremost. Many of you guys hating on Marvin will be like it's management fought since he was traded (if he plays great on new team). So your opinion as well as mines, means little to the Atlanta front office. Just the way it is. I seriously doubt most of those guys listed will be better then Marvin when it's all said and done. The ones off the top I remember was R. Gay, L. Aldridge, Durant, and Monta outside of them, Marvin will be better then them.

Luol Deng value is higher then Marvin but not by much and Marvin can be a better player then him. Deng is limited in certain areas and I don't see him growing much from here in terms of talent. He currently is better then Marvin, to me on same level with Josh Smith with less potenial. neither does Marvin.Calderon has a better chance to be an All-Star than Marvin ever will

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Luol Deng value is higher then Marvin but not by much and Marvin can be a better player then him. Deng is limited in certain areas and I don't see him growing much from here in terms of talent. He currently is better then Marvin, to me on same level with Josh Smith with less potenial. neither does Marvin.Calderon has a better chance to be an All-Star than Marvin ever will

Wow, you got to be kidding me, I watched Marvin from his rookie season to just this last season. He has improved in bunches, and can and will be a very good player in the league. He has the tools and and the skills are coming along well. Marvin has a very good jumper which can be elite and can be one of best slashers for his position in the league when he gets his body control at a average to good level. Jose had a good season last year, it was similar to Ben Gordon season a year ago when he was one of the up and coming players around the league. Now he's rarely mention. That's because he had flaws that were limited in improvement. Marvin has less limited flaws on ANYONE on this team outside of Al Horford for his position. That speaks volumes, even J.J. has more limited flaws. To many true experts in the league, that's VERY important, becuase you can teach him a lot and the limits aren't many.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Wow, you got to be kidding me, I watched Marvin from his rookie season to just this last season. He has improved in bunches, and can and will be a very good player in the league. He has the tools and and the skills are coming along well. Marvin has a very good jumper which can be elite and can be one of best slashers for his position in the league when he gets his body control at a average to good level. Jose had a good season last year, it was similar to Ben Gordon season a year ago when he was one of the up and coming players around the league. Now he's rarely mention. That's because he had flaws that were limited in improvement. Marvin has less limited flaws on ANYONE on this team outside of Al Horford for his position. That speaks volumes, even J.J. has more limited flaws. To many true experts in the league, that's VERY important, becuase you can teach him a lot and the limits aren't many. one of the dumbest things i've ever read.Marvin will never even be in the all-star voting and I put everything on that.Quote me on it if u want.One of the most blindest posts i've ever seen.Marvin has not improved in bunches he's the same guy that came out of UNC .He's improved the same any guy would.The guy will be lucky to remain a starter,yet u think he'll be an all-star. uglyhammer.gif

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Wow, you got to be kidding me, I watched Marvin from his rookie season to just this last season. He has improved in bunches, and can and will be a very good player in the league. He has the tools and and the skills are coming along well. Marvin has a very good jumper which can be elite and can be one of best slashers for his position in the league when he gets his body control at a average to good level. Jose had a good season last year, it was similar to Ben Gordon season a year ago when he was one of the up and coming players around the league. Now he's rarely mention. That's because he had flaws that were limited in improvement. Marvin has less limited flaws on ANYONE on this team outside of Al Horford for his position. That speaks volumes, even J.J. has more limited flaws. To many true experts in the league, that's VERY important, becuase you can teach him a lot and the limits aren't many. one of the dumbest things i've ever read.Marvin will never even be in the all-star voting and I put everything on that.Quote me on it if u want.One of the most blindest posts i've ever seen.Marvin has not improved in bunches he's the same guy that came out of UNC .He's improved the same any guy would.The guy will be lucky to remain a starter,yet u think he'll be an all-star. uglyhammer.gif

Saves post for future references....

• Premium Member

Trade value is HEAVILY affected by one's contract status.

Marvin has less trade value this year simply because he's due for a contract extension. Childress, on the other hand, has MORE trade value because he's going to be getting 4+ years locked away in his new deal. (That is assuming, of course, that you can work around the BYC issues).

• Moderators

Interesting thread, pimp.

I want to know who are the two people who think Marvin's trade value exceeds Kevin Durant. Step up and explain yourself because I don't get that at all!

In Feb Marvin had one of his worst months as a Hawk, scoring 11 pts shooting 35%. Clearly he was hurting. He shot 50% the first two months of the season.

Taking out February Marvin averaged 15.4 pts shooting 48.3% on the season.

Quote:

Marvin has less trade value this year simply because he's due for a contract extension. Childress, on the other hand, has MORE trade value because he's going to be getting 4+ years locked away in his new deal. (That is assuming, of course, that you can work around the BYC issues).

Couldn't agree more, the players aren't equivalent due to contract. Marvin is much easier to trade than guys with bigger contracts, all other things beig equal. Furthermore, bigs are worth more than wings, all other things being equal. The same is true for PGs.

Thus, the results of the poll, while somewhat interesting, are not really that useful due to equivlency issues that include contract status, position, talent, and potential. This doesn't even bring in the blind loyalty to certian players that certain posters have.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Couldn't agree more, the players aren't equivalent due to contract. Marvin is much easier to trade than guys with bigger contracts, all other things beig equal. Furthermore, bigs are worth more than wings, all other things being equal. The same is true for PGs.

Thus, the results of the poll, while somewhat interesting, are not really that useful due to equivlency issues that include contract status, position, talent, and potential. This doesn't even bring in the blind loyalty to certian players that certain posters have.

The validity of the poll really depends on whether people took those factors into account. I know I tried to do so (assuming that if the poster wanted a straight comparison of who is better then that is what they would have asked for).