• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kirk Hinrich will be on the market!

Brotha2ThaNite

Quote:

Hinrich is pretty good but no need for Hinrich or Duhon when you have bibby and Law on your team..we're okay at point. We need to improve with post scoring and post defense too

what team did you watch? bibs is declining and acie didn't show much ALL SEASON. oh, yeah, woody kept him on the bench right?... or maybe it was his countless injuries and unwillingness to take an open shot that kept him there.

Hinrich would be a huge upgrade at the PG for us.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Childress numbers barely went down and on a per minute basis probably went up a little. Calderons numbers went up a little but again on a per minute basis it was about even from last year. The only place that Calderon has a real advantage is in assists and that's to be expected since he is a PG.

Childress scored more, rebounded more, had more blocks, and shot a higher FG%. Calderon was better in assists by a large margin, and was a little better at FT's and 3PT's.

I think Calderon is the better player and more valuable since he is a PG but if we could have gotten him before the season then I'm sure we could still get him now since neither player was much better this season on a per minute basis than they were last year.

Quote:

Childress numbers barely went down and on a per minute basis probably went up a little. Calderons numbers went up a little but again on a per minute basis it was about even from last year. The only place that Calderon has a real advantage is in assists and that's to be expected since he is a PG.

Childress scored more, rebounded more, had more blocks, and shot a higher FG%. Calderon was better in assists by a large margin, and was a little better at FT's and 3PT's.

I think Calderon is the better player and more valuable since he is a PG but if we could have gotten him before the season then I'm sure we could still get him now since neither player was much better this season on a per minute basis than they were last year.

I can almost guarantee that Toronto would not trade Calderon for Childress.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

I can almost guarantee that Toronto would not trade Calderon for Childress.

I agree. Two things affect this:

(1) Calderon's value has really jumped up this year despite similar per minute numbers; and

(2) Ford's value has slipped since last year (making Calderon all the more critical).

No, they probably wouldn't, but it's more because of the injury to TJ Ford this year and the worry that his career could end at any time. Calderon had a nice year but he didn't lead them to anything in the playoffs and while I would like having him as our PG, we aren't talking about Chris Paul here, the gap between Childress and Calderon is pretty small and the only thing that separates them is Calderon being a PG.

• Moderators

I think there is a more significant edge for Calderon.

As you point out, he is a PG which is a more premium position.

His PER the last two years is also much better than Childress:

Calderon

2007-08 - 20.51

2006-07 - 19.19

Childress

2007-08 - 17.84

2006-07 - 16.24

I'm still not sure if I believe the Childress for Calderon trade. Even BK isn't dumb enough to let that go (can you imagine Jose at the point and someone like Stuckey, Al Thorton, or Sean Williams off the bench?)... but moreover I don't think Collangelo would've signed off on that deal. I like Chill but finding an All-Star calibre PG (Jose should've made the team no question) is much more difficult than getting a guy like Chill...

Quote:

Quote:

Hinrich is pretty good but no need for Hinrich or Duhon when you have bibby and Law on your team..we're okay at point. We need to improve with post scoring and post defense too

what team did you watch? bibs is declining and acie didn't show much ALL SEASON. oh, yeah, woody kept him on the bench right?... or maybe it was his countless injuries and unwillingness to take an open shot that kept him there.

Agree and disagree PP420...I think a fully healthy Bibby will be fairly good next year - he can shoot the ball and help us protect the home court (I hope). As far as Acie - hopefully he will play in the summer league again - he definitely needs work. I wouldn't say Hinrich would be a HUGE upgrade...but probably a decent upgrade.

Bibby will want to come out cranking next year (and hopefully 100% healthy) to keep "Team Dime" in the money and on top with a new contract.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Agree and disagree PP420...I think a fully healthy Bibby will be fairly good next year - he can shoot the ball and help us protect the home court (I hope). As far as Acie - hopefully he will play in the summer league again - he definitely needs work. I wouldn't say Hinrich would be a HUGE upgrade...but probably a decent upgrade.

Bibby will want to come out cranking next year (and hopefully 100% healthy) to keep "Team Dime" in the money and on top with a new contract.

According to Kings fans Bibby always has some type of nagging injury.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

I'm still not sure if I believe the Childress for Calderon trade.

IIRC, it was Childress/#11 -for- Calderon.

The report (however reliable or not) was that BK did want to make the trade and it was vetoed by ownership.

Just goes to show you that ones mans garbage is another mans treasure. In this raptors forum they said that the rumor was from Peter Vecsey and the thread has 14 or so pages and I only viewed the first page so I'm not sure if it was ever posted online. I also remember that in the BK article that was taken down that it mentioned the ASG refusing this trade (or similar).

http://www.raptorschat.ca/forums/index.php?showtopic=12787

Quote:

Was listening to the fan, and Peter Vecsey was discussing how Atlanta offered Josh Childress, Soloman Jones and the 11th pick to Toronto for Jose Calderon, Jabroni [Joey] Graham and a future draft pick in 2009. Would be fantastic if true. Thought this warranted its own thread. But I could be wrong.

Quote:

Wow, how fast can I say yes to this deal? The loss of Calderon would hurt, but the addition of Childress would even that out ...

Quote:

Wow if it is true. Raps would take this deal in a second.

Childress for Calderon would be a nice deal but to get rid of Graham and add a #11 pick would be amazing. We could take a guy like Thad Young.

Quote:

Totally agree ICE. However; you and I both know the chancs of Atlanta being this dumb are slim and none. The raptors would have to give up a hell of a lot more than just Jose, Joey and a pick

Quote:

I personally really love Calderon....But this is Josh Childress we're talking about here. A solid starting SF would really round out our starting 5

Quote:

First off, I would just like to say that Peter Vescey is NOT a reliable source. I'm not attacking the original poster, I'm just stating that he's been known for making up BS.

If it was just Chidress for Calderon they wouldn't be so high on the deal. But the 11th pick changes everything. Just look at the guys who were picked after Acie (Thad Young, Stuckey, Thorton). I would take any of those 3 over Marvin.

Quote:

Quote:

First off, I would just like to say that Peter Vescey is NOT a reliable source. I'm not attacking the original poster, I'm just stating that he's been known for making up BS.

If it was just Chidress for Calderon they wouldn't be so high on the deal. But the 11th pick changes everything. Just look at the guys who were picked after Acie (Thad Young, Stuckey, Thorton). I would take any of those 3 over Marvin. lol exactly,although I'm glad we have Acie and like him over those guys taken after him,I'd take any of those guys over Marvin.

• Moderators

Here is the link from D:

Calderon Rumor

Quote:

There's confusion as to who actually is running the show. For example, sources say that Knight was close to a deal last year that would have brought point guard Jose Calderon from Toronto for forward Josh Childress, but that he couldn't get approval from the power holders.

Quote:

Here is the link from D:

Calderon Rumor

Quote:

There's confusion as to who actually is running the show. For example, sources say that Knight was close to a deal last year that would have brought point guard Jose Calderon from Toronto for forward Josh Childress, but that he couldn't get approval from the power holders.

I remember both rumors. Ultimately we won't know what the true story was but what got the Raps fans excited was the prospect of getting Childress and the 11th pick.