• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Re-sign Terry, Glover, and sign Jumaine Jones

KB21

That's what I would do.

It looks like Stephen Jackson is drawing interest from the Denver Nuggets as well as the Hawks. I think Jackson can get more money from Denver than he can from Atlanta, and he's not a player I would get into a bidding war over when you could get Dion Glover and Jumaine Jones at a cheaper price.

Glover played very well for the Hawks as a starter over their last 41 games. He averaged 12.3 ppg, 5.1 rpg, 2.5 apg, and shot .448 on FG and .327 on 3P. Without Glenn Robinson in the line up, Dion as a starter averaged 17.5 ppg, 7.6 rpg, and 4.1 apg.

Jumaine Jones is a guy who consistently outplayed the more heralded Darius Miles in Cleveland last season. He ended the season averaging 9.8 ppg and 5.6 rpg. As a starter in Cleveland, Jumaine averaged around 11.8 ppg and 6.8 rpg. He also shot 36% from the three point line. He can give a team minutes as a shooting guard as well as a small forward.

Both players seem to be forgotten players on the free agent market as well, which means the Hawks can probably get them both for around the veteran's minimum for 2 years or so. Both are athletic and play very well in the up tempo style of game. They can rebound, and they aren't stiffs defensively.

Then, sign Steve Smith to a minimum deal. Bring him in as the veteran club house leader. He can be somewhat of a player/coach. This is going to be a young team, and they need a veteran like Steve Smith to impart some wisdom.

Go into the season with:

PG - Jason Terry, Dan Dickau

SG - Dion Glover, Travis Hansen, Steve Smith

SF - Boris Diaw, Jumaine Jones, Randy Holcomb

PF - Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Alan Henderson

C - Theo Ratliff, Nazr Mohammed.

I like your ideas.Jones seemed to dagger us everytime

we play Cleveland and he and Glover can be some pro

ductive.Plus we should also see more offense from

Theo this season as his scoring in Philly was 12PPG.

It might not be all that bad if we get a head coach.The

east has gotten weaker.

I think Theo will be more productive offensively simply because Big Dog is out of the line up.

Without Big Dog last season, Theo averaged 10.3 ppg. With him, he averaged right around 8 ppg. That's not a great difference, but when you consider that the Hawks were having 5 players average double figure scoring numbers without Robinson while only 3 averaged double figures when he played, you can see that the offense is more fluid.

Without Robinson:

Glover = 17.5 ppg

Terry = 18.5 ppg

Ratliff = 10.3 ppg

Abdur-Rahim = 19.6 ppg

Newble = 13.5 ppg

The team also gave up around 90 points a game without Robinson when they gave up 98 points per game with him.

I think he'd be a solid addition but I'm not willing to throw him the MCE or anything near that. I'd rather just sign DG, DJ and/or Jones for cheap than ante up for Jackson. I see us getting 2 of the above 4. Not sure what's going on with DJ so I'm going to say Glover and Jones comes here for cheap. I'd like to bring in Jon Barry too as BU SG but he might be costly, if he'll take a 2 yr/3M deal, I'd do it.

JT/Dickau

DG/Barry/Hansen

Diaw/Jones

SAR/Hendu

Theo/Nazr

That team could use a veteran SF as well.

I agree with everything said here except for steve smith. The guy just can't play anymore. I'd love to have him as an assistant coach or something like that, but his body has just given up on him. Unless you're signing him just to get a cheap short contract (1,2 yrs) to save some cash, I don't really see the point.

DG would do

And Barry could be nice too. I like brent barry better, but jon barry would be good to teach hansen a thing or two. He always mentions barry as who he sees himself playing like.

I still think we can be very decent this year (better than last year) provided we get the right guys out of the FAs left. The key is not to take on big contracts that aren't worth it just because we need talent. Get guys who are worth the money. I think this is a key time for McDavid to show us what kind of decisions he'll make.

For out 12th man on the roster, I want a big, mean looking

giant who can come in and clog up the middle on defense,

stop the dunk after dunk after dunk, grab a few of those

loose rebounds and go back and set on the bench.

This should be an old guy, past his prime but willing to go

for another season or two and willing to play cheap, just

to hang around.

If he is not available, then a young dude, willing to play for cheap so he can be on an N.B.A. team.

I'm not looking for an all star here, we're talking about the 12th man on the roster, not a starter or someone to

play a lot of minutes.

Big man. Intimidating big man. One who you can't run over

or push around under the basket. Lots of playing time

not required or expected. Willing to work cheap.

Any ideas of who could fill these requirements????

Stephen Jackson is no better than Jumaine Jones.And someone said that SJ agent Dan Fegan wants 6 years for

38 mill

God I hate Fegan!

Jumaine Jones is atleast as good as Jackson.He's a better

rebounder and more athletic.

Hmm I wonder is Stanley Roberts still trying to make a team roster as he did toward the end of last season. The offseason should give him time to get in better shape. He's a 7footer with size who could come in a play 15mpg.

Jumaine Jones is a much better ball handler than Stephen Jackson. Lascar78 I agree with you. Steve Smith is good guy, but his days of playing NBA ball is done. Giving him a contract is a waste of money and space on the bench. I'd love to see him in Coaching (after Nique) or some Dominique position. We got Chris Crawford, we need productive bodies.

The Hawks are not going to sign Dion. So forget about him. I don't know much about their future but this much I do know. I told you guys this a year ago and I'm telling you now. Look for someone different thru trades or whatever, but Dion will not be on the Hawks roster at the beginning of the season.

I got this information from a reliable source last fall. I asked the same source late in the season (April) and was told the same. I went to a wedding last night and my source was there and the answer was still the same. I was surprised by the same adament response for a year but I do believe it. You guys can believe me or not, but I'm sure I will prove to be right.

• Premium Member

so I see no reason to be skeptical. But I must say that I'm curious as to why Dion will not be back. Everything that I've read suggests that he's a good guy off the court. Plus he'd be cheap.

This really throws a cork into my thoughts...Does this make Stephen "dribble the ball off my ankle, toes, and hips" Jackson a lock for the opening at SG? Or is it, hello Veshon "career overachiever" Lenard?

im sure ur rite, i do TRUST U...

i just dont understand. It doesnt seem like anyone is interested in GLOVER and in this weak SG offseason, i thought a team or two would be interested (at the least)... worse case- we can offer him the MIN for a few years.

does he have some type of "BAD" attitude that no one knows about?

do u know why hes not coming back?

It's definitely nothing to do with his attitude. People just don't think he's a good basketball player. And honestly I can't blame them too much. He hasn't developped consistency, he gets out of control and charges alot, and isn't a great defender. Having said that, he will get picked up by some team, but there's no rush for his services