• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

BK - Thanks Pal

DJlaysitup

We are now sitting with no draft pick. The final work that BK got us to was 37 regular season wins with his coach. I have said this before and I have talked about it with my old boss (since retired - Providence fan)...the key to make paychecks is to get a team SO LOW (13 wins...laughingstock) that it looks good when you double it to 26 . Now we all know that 26 wins is still laughingstock status...but apparently BK could sell it. Then another season out of the playoffs and then 37!!!! 37!! Holy Cow 37 wins !!

There are five levels of NBA basketball teams:

Laughingstock (26 wins or below)

Bad (27 to 36 wins)

Inconsistent (37 wins to 45 wins)

Good (46 wins to 55 wins)

Championship contender (55 wins and above...meaning 55-27)..............this is E.C.

Wish I could defend BK but I can't. Shelden and Craig are just to much to comprehend. JJ and Horford saves him from me ripping him though. Then again we do have Marvin and not CP3 or D Will.

DJ you should be careful with these types of post. Someone will say you are not a real fan by not being happy that this team won 37 games. Everyone doesn't have high or even above 500. expectations.

Just because BK is no longer the GM doesn't mean it's his "final work". As long as we still have his core it will be mostly his work and this team will get better and better. It's ridiculous to call this his "final grade" on a team full of kids who have gotten better every year and who is very well thought of around the league by opposing teams, coaches, fans, etc for where we are and where we are headed.

Quote:

The final work that BK got us to was 37 regular season wins with his coach.

He gets the blame for hiring the coach, but in all fairness he realized how bad he was and tried to fire him 3 times despite being buddy-buddy with him. And obviously you don't judge a GM on the record his team had in his last season, but with what kind of team he left you with. I think he did an OK job. Obviously he had 2-3 big misses and failed to balance the roster out, but he also had some huge hits and left us with lots of young talent. I think all in all he did alright but it was definitely his time to go.

To have all that capspace and all those opportunities and come out of it with only Speedy as your bad contract from free agency isn't too bad. And hell Speedy would be the 9th highest paid on new york's roster this past year.

He obviously could have done much better but he still showed good discipline and got us a ton of young talent. Who knows how we would have done if he was allowed to upgrade our coach.

• Moderators

Quote:

He gets the blame for hiring the coach, but in all fairness he realized how bad he was and tried to fire him 3 times despite being buddy-buddy with him. And obviously you don't judge a GM on the record his team had in his last season, but with what kind of team he left you with. I think he did an OK job. Obviously he had 2-3 big misses and failed to balance the roster out, but he also had some huge hits and left us with lots of young talent. I think all in all he did alright but it was definitely his time to go.

To have all that capspace and all those opportunities and come out of it with only Speedy as your bad contract from free agency isn't too bad. And hell Speedy would be the 9th highest paid on new york's roster this past year.

He obviously could have done much better but he still showed good discipline and got us a ton of young talent. Who knows how we would have done if he was allowed to upgrade our coach.

Second that.

Hey Lascar, can you reduce the size of your sigs? They expand the thread well beyond the normal and makes reading threads with your posts difficult if not annoying.

Thanks

Fros

But I agree that we won't have a good gauge on the BK effect for another couple of years.

Quote:

Just because NY is a complete mess doesn't mean that BK also messed up, he just didn't do it in such a large scale fashion. I guarantee you if BK was allowed to spend we would have had more than just Speedy as a bad contract. The only decent sized contracts he gave out were Joe, Zaza, Lorenzen, T-Lue, and Speedy. Every other contract was a minimum, something tells me if he had more room to spend we would be talking about how bad of contracts we have right now.

No there's nothing that you would need to do. I am viewing it on IE7 while writing this post and it works fine for me. I have the default settings so I'm not sure why it would give you any problems. Are you using XP or Vista?

Also, do you know if you have javascript enabled?

I am running IE 7.0.5 in XP (its at work so I don't have a lot of control over the system). Java is running, and I am still getting the non-resize problem. Thinking about its probably some problem that is not fixable here at work due to me being unable to adjust system settings.