Richard Jefferson

A-town Hawks

What do you guys think of RJ from NJ? He is currently on the block and I think he can be had for pretty cheap.

I love the idea of him on the team because he embodies everything we need at SF position that Marvin isnt giving us.

1) RJ is a very good defender and defends the opposing teams best perimeter threat nite in and nite out.

2) He is a extremely good slasher and gets to the line with great frequency and I think that can really help Smooves game as he likes to do similar things RJ has mastered and RJ will get teams in the penalty much quicker allowing Smith to live at the line.

3) Jefferson brings the 3pt shooting were all begging Marv to develop, his 3pt % is comparable to a very known shooter in the game Micheal Redd.

4) Richard is not only a willing second option playing behind a volume shooter like Vince Carter but he is a VERY efficient one as well (46% FG) . Averaging about 22ppg in a offense mostly centered around Carter.

5) We all talk a great deal about how this team needs veterans and a veteran presence, you dont get much more "veteran" than RJ. He is very level headed and can be a great role model to the young guys.

How about Marvin/Speedy/2010 1st for Jefferson

Our line-up (with some potential signings):

Bibby/Law/Salim

Johnson/Fred Jones/Chillz

Jefferson/Chillz

Smith/Zaza

Horford/Diop/Solo

Quote:

I'm high on RJ but I don't think we can get him, Diop, FJ, and we're def. not keeping Salim.

That lineup would more than likely win the east against OLD Boston.

I disagree, I think we can get him. He is def. open for trade the Nets are not hiding that fact. If the Nets dont bite on taking back Speedy's contract, then I think giving up a little more wont hurt too much. How about a modified trade of:

Marvin/Speedy/Zaza/2010 1st for Jefferson/Hassell

Line-up (with potential signings):

Bibby/Law

Johnson/F.Jones

Jefferson/Chillz/West

Smith/Malik Allen/Solo

Horford/Diop/Solo

You're giving up too much for him. I do not believe it will take this much.

I would offer Marvin for RJ straight up. If the Nets balk, I'd through in Solomon.

I believe Zaza is more valuable than most on the board. We needs to have Zaza to play up in his contract year.

Quote:

RJ is a quality young player and
i would bet they could get more for him than we would be willing to offer.

There is a rumor out about RJ going to LA for Odom.

I dont know about that, the market for a swing guy like RJ isn't too high now a days with only a few teams needing some one like him. The highest I would be willing to go is a Marv/Chillz(SNT) package and I think that beats or atleast is up there with the Lamar for RJ swap that LA turned down last year and probably will turn down again.

Quote:

You're giving up too much for him. I do not believe it will take this much.

I would offer Marvin for RJ straight up. If the Nets balk, I'd through in Solomon.

I believe Zaza is more valuable than most on the board. We needs to have Zaza to play up in his contract year.

That wouldnt even work under the CAP rules. But as I said in my first deal mentioned I think a Marv/Speedy/2010 1st for Jefferson deal is the way to go.

I would absolutely do Marvin/Speedy for RJ but I would have to think about including that 1st rounder. RJ is definitely a better player than Marvin right now but the gap isn't as big as it used to be. RJ turned 28 today and Marvin turned 22 2 days ago so they are a full 6 years apart. I think if you put Marvin in RJs place on the Nets and put RJ on the Hawks their stats would be a lot closer than they are on their current teams. I also seem to remember RJ having a major injury recently but I don't remember what it was. At some point we are going to need to have 1st round picks to develop players to replace current players that we won't be able to afford to keep so we have to be careful including them in trades.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I would absolutely do Marvin/Speedy for RJ but I would have to think about including that 1st rounder. RJ is definitely a better player than Marvin right now but the gap isn't as big as it used to be. RJ turned 28 today and Marvin turned 22 2 days ago so they are a full 6 years apart. I think if you put Marvin in RJs place on the Nets and put RJ on the Hawks their stats would be a lot closer than they are on their current teams. I also seem to remember RJ having a major injury recently but I don't remember what it was. At some point we are going to need to have 1st round picks to develop players to replace current players that we won't be able to afford to keep so we have to be careful including them in trades.

Good points. (Mostly because I said almost the same things in a previous RJ thread).

I have been hyping RJ lately too for all the reasons you listed. He is a very efficient player for a wing. There are not many players as efficient as RJ is from both the offensive and defensive end.

Would love to see this happen. RJ' has a great attitude and is really mature. With JJ, RJ, and Bibby we would have some good vet leaders on this team.

I like the JJ/RJ combo better then the Allen / Pierce Combo. Especially as years pile on.

I`m very much in favor of trying to turn Marvin into Richard Jefferson or Josh Howard. You`re list in the first post nailed all the reasons why. I agree that RJ may be the better option based on his leadership and veteran presence. JJ would love having RJ to roll with.

Marvin Williams and Speedy Claxton for RJ is the only thing that makes any sense salary wise. But i dont know if the Nets would do it. Its a good trade for the Hawks even though I like Marvin as a player. RJ is better overall and will bring some playoffs experience to this team too. Nets already have Harris Marcus Williams and Armstrong so im not sure if they'd want Claxton but maybe they would like Marvin?? idk

Bibby

Johnson

RJ

J. Smith

Horford

this would of beaten the Celtics!

• Premium Member

Quote:

Marvin Williams and Speedy Claxton for RJ is the only thing that makes any sense salary wise. But i dont know if the Nets would do it. Its a good trade for the Hawks even though I like Marvin as a player. RJ is better overall and will bring some playoffs experience to this team too. Nets already have Harris Marcus Williams and Armstrong so im not sure if they'd want Claxton but maybe they would like Marvin?? idk

Bibby

Johnson

RJ

J. Smith

Horford

this would of beaten the Celtics!

As I said a few days ago when I proposed it...

It depends on if NJ wants to drop salary. I heard that VC could be moving too. It stands to reason that when they traded Kidd for Harris and ending contracts that they were looking for a fresh new start. Plus they have the 10th and the 21st picks in the draft. I can see them changing the old guard.. getting a salary break and going after somebody big soon.

Quote:

What do you guys think of RJ from NJ? He is currently on the block and I think he can be had for pretty cheap.

I love the idea of him on the team because he embodies everything we need at SF position that Marvin isnt giving us.

1) RJ is a very good defender and defends the opposing teams best perimeter threat nite in and nite out.

2) He is a extremely good slasher and gets to the line with great frequency and I think that can really help Smooves game as he likes to do similar things RJ has mastered and RJ will get teams in the penalty much quicker allowing Smith to live at the line.

3) Jefferson brings the 3pt shooting were all begging Marv to develop, his 3pt % is comparable to a very known shooter in the game Micheal Redd.

4) Richard is not only a willing second option playing behind a volume shooter like Vince Carter but he is a VERY efficient one as well (46% FG) . Averaging about 22ppg in a offense mostly centered around Carter.

5) We all talk a great deal about how this team needs veterans and a veteran presence, you dont get much more "veteran" than RJ. He is very level headed and can be a great role model to the young guys.

How about Marvin/Speedy/2010 1st for Jefferson

Our line-up (with some potential signings):

Bibby/Law/Salim

Johnson/Fred Jones/Chillz

Jefferson/Chillz

Smith/Zaza

Horford/Diop/Solo

I never understood ppl wanting him and that's regardless of trading someone on our team who is not only cheaper but almost as good him. Every month a dumba$$ thread like this with RJ pops up and everyone of them usually sucks. I could care less, it's not going to happen anyway so I don't care.

Quote:

Quote:

It depends on if NJ wants to drop salary.

According to ESPN, they want to clear salary for a summer 2010 run at LeBron & Co.

So, a Speedy+Marvin combo would work...

The Nets are moving to Brooklyn in 2010-2011, which is just going to raise their profits, profile and status to a massive degree. So I believe they're are going to be very, very active prior to that move and in anticipation of that 2010 free agent crop- because they're gonna want to make a big, big splash in Brooklyn. You've got Lebron, Wade, Amare Stoudemire, Dirk, Joe Johnson...the soon to be flush with cash Brooklyn Nets are thinking Lebron first, but they're going to be after a few of those guys.