• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Without J-Smoove...

Brotha2ThaNite

Is the Highlight Factor much of a Highlight factory?

I know we got JJ with the nice dribbling sometimes, Bibby's alley oops (which over half are to J-Smoove), J-Chill put backs and Al put backs....

BUT THE MAJOR HIGHLIGHTS comes from J-Smoove.... So, what will they call the factory if we trade him? LOL

Quote:

Valid point!

I think we go to something more like "The Turnover Factory"; "Spirit Factory", "Swingman Factory", or the "JJ Point Factory" if we lose Smoove. Any votes?

How about the "Empty Factory" or the "Condemned Factory".

Well if they make a good trade using him it may be " The over .500 factory " or the " Smart Shot Factory" or even the " Guard my man Factory" and last but not least how about " The Box my man out Factory".

Since Law and Horford's unofficial nickname is "Law and Order", rename the "Highlight Factory" to "The Hall of Justice".

Start calling JJ "Judge Johnson", playing off of his initials. His play determines the fate of the Hawks anyway, so the name fits him.

I guess that would make Marvin "the Sheriff" . . or better yet, call him "The Prosecutor".

Bibby would be "Dime the Bounty Hunter".

Quote:

Since Law and Horford's unofficial nickname is "Law and Order", rename the "Highlight Factory" to
"The Hall of Justice".

Start calling JJ "Judge Johnson", playing off of his initials. His play determines the fate of the Hawks anyway, so the name fits him.

I guess that would make Marvin "the Sheriff" . . or better yet, call him "The Prosecutor".

Oh god! iagree.gif

Quote:

Since Law and Horford's unofficial nickname is "Law and Order", rename the "Highlight Factory" to
"The Hall of Justice".

Damn!

I hereby nominate this as post of the offseason! :Handshake_emoticon_-_UPDATED:

without J-Smoove this team gets scored on at will. Just look at when he's in the game and not in the game. When he's not in the game teams just drive to the hoop with ease. When he's in there even the top tier players think twice before driving to the hole with Josh there. The kid is only 22 and brings more to the table then most players I've ever seen. Yes. he's still a little raw offensively but look at what he brings to the table defensively. Im tired of hearing all this crap about how yall want him traded. If this team doesn't have Smoove then we get ran out of the gym everynight with even the sorriest teams scoring 120 on us.

Quote:

Well if they make a good trade using him it may be " The over .500 factory " or the " Smart Shot Factory" or even the " Guard my man Factory" and last but not least how about " The Box my man out Factory".

To be fair his shooting efficiency wasn't bad this year even including that atrocious first month (around the same shooting efficiency as LaMarcus Aldridge who most people seem to be shooting their load over), his man defense isn't elite but it is as good as pretty much anyone else on our team's, and no, he doesn't box out well enough but his defensive rebound rates are above average for a PF and its hard to box out when you don't have another player with the ability to contest shots.

I know Smith has a lot of flaws but focusing exclusively on weak points is probably a bad way to evaluate a player considering that Shaq would have more "cons" than "pros" if you were to enumerate them in the above matter.

Quote:

without J-Smoove this team gets scored on at will. Just look at when he's in the game and not in the game. When he's not in the game teams just drive to the hoop with ease. When he's in there even the top tier players think twice before driving to the hole with Josh there. The kid is only 22 and brings more to the table then most players I've ever seen. Yes. he's still a little raw offensively but look at what he brings to the table defensively. Im tired of hearing all this crap about how yall want him traded. If this team doesn't have Smoove then we get ran out of the gym everynight with even the sorriest teams scoring 120 on us.

That only happens if our GM doesn't bring in a guy that can either defend his man in the post, or doesn't bring in a decent shot blocker.

A guy who benefits tremendously from Smith not being here, is Solomon Jones. He's a guy that could become that shot blocking threat for 10 - 15 minutes a game, and during special circumstances where we may need a defensive stop at the end of a game.

So say the Hawks can only get a shooter + draft picks in a sign and trade with Philly. The Hawks would still need to go out and get a defensive big for depth. This could very well be your rotation next year minus a Smith:

PG - Bibby ( 24 min ) - Acie ( 24 min )

G - JJ ( 34 min ) - Chill ( 10 min ) - Bibby ( 4 min )

F - Marvin ( 24 min ) - Chill ( 20 min ) - JJ ( 4 min )

PF - Horford ( 20 min ) - Solo ( 14 min ) - Marvin ( 14 min )

C - Zaza ( 18 min ) - Horford ( 18 min ) - Diop ( 12 min )

Minutes per player:

JJ - 38

Horford - 38

Marvin - 38

Chill - 30

Bibby - 28

Acie - 24

Zaza - 18

Solo - 14

Diop - 12

That's a solid 9-man rotation that could definitely work, depending on how solid a contribution Zaza, Diop and Solo could give us every night. And this isn't factoring in a potential shooter, who could take minutes away from Chill or Law or one of the big guys.

With that rotation, you'd expect Solo to see most of his minutes against the running/athletic teams, while Diop would get burn against the physical frontlines.

Of course, I'd rather have Smith here. But it's farrrrrrr from the end of the world if our GM does his job and get the right role players in here to round the team out better.

Quote:

Valid point!

I think we go to something more like "The Turnover Factory"; "Spirit Factory", "Swingman Factory", or the "JJ Point Factory" if we lose Smoove. Any votes?

Chillz and Marvin both get there share of highlights. If they didn't then it wouldn't be the highlight factory. But without Smith, it isn't either.