• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Diesel's draft day trade of the Day.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Quote:

You mean like our back to back games against Philly late in the season? Philly was one of the hottest teams in the east and were playing tough D. We were obviously in the playoff race.

In the two games marvin scored 37 pts shooting 63% from the field and was 13/14 from the line.

Uhm, Gord....

We lost one of those games and we won the other because of balanced Scoring Not Marvin scoring. Marvin had 18 points tide with Smoove behind JJ .

This is your idea of Marvin showing up when we need him? This is what he ought to do.

That's funny Ex. i say show me Marvin showing up and you show me a game where we lost and another where we won and Marvin was not the lead scorer... Typical.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

You mean like our back to back games against Philly late in the season? Philly was one of the hottest teams in the east and were playing tough D. We were obviously in the playoff race.

In the two games marvin scored 37 pts shooting 63% from the field and was 13/14 from the line.

Uhm, Gord....

We lost one of those games and we won the other because of balanced Scoring Not Marvin scoring. Marvin had 18 points tide with Smoove behind JJ .

This is your idea of Marvin showing up when we need him? This is what he ought to do.

That's funny Ex. i say show me Marvin showing up and you show me a game where we lost and another where we won and Marvin was not the lead scorer... Typical.

So what if he wasn't the leading scorer. Philly is a tough defensive team, they were important games and he shot lights out from the field and from the line.

Meanwhile in the game we WON your boy Childress posted a 2/1 game.

Come on people. In relation to his draft class and our other starters and Chillz- Marvin sucks. Call me what you want to, its just the truth.

What we're trying to do and what ASG/Sund needs to do is take something for MW and run like heck.

LOL ex. thats not stepping up thats being third banana when its supposedly his role. Stepping up is scoring 25+ and being the best player on the floor, which when he was drafted was his "hype". Losing one, too, is especially not stepping up. I see your point, but still that comes to 18ppg.

Quote:

LOL. How about game 6 of the playoffs which was the biggest game of our season (game 7 excluded), and Marvin led us in scoring and we won?

Marvin has disappointed and has not consistently led the team, but he has certainly had his nights where he looked awesome.

Quote:

Losing one, too, is especially not stepping up.

Smith dropped 38 on the Bucks but we lost the game. I guess he didn't step up either.

Quote:

In relation to his draft class and our other starters and Chillz- Marvin sucks.

Oh really? how many guys other than Paul/Deron are outperforming Marvin from that draft class?

Don't even mention Childress. he can't even average 1 made jumper per game and is scoring only 2 ppg more than he did as a rookie. He is also 3 years older than marvin and has shown no progress in his game at all.

Plus he scores a lot of his points by ignoring his defensive assignments (leaking out rather than hitting the defensive glass, crashing the offensive boards rather than getting back on D.

Quote:

Come on people. In relation to his draft class and our other starters and Chillz- Marvin sucks.

Marvin only sucks compared to 2 guys in his draft class. He is right there with everyone else. He is somewhere between #3 and #5 in his draft class, that's not sucking compared to your class. And he does not suck to Childress. Chill is on the bench because he couldn't handle starting. Not to mention I'd expect him to be a lot better than Chill when he's his age ... in 2011.

He is not as good as JJ-Horford-Smith, but so what? No one's saying he is. You can't have 5 #1 players. Every team has players of all sorts of talents.

Marvin is a decent NBA starter at 22 who is still inconsistent. But if you forget where he was drafted he is a nice young piece.

Do you think the Lakers are bitching because Bynum is not as good as Kobe or Gasol? No. They like him because he's a really young talent who has shown signs. Bynum got 13/10 last year, Marvin got 15/6 and to hear you guys talk one of them is the 2nd coming of Christ and the other is a piece of trash (and yes I know centers are harder to find). The point is Marvin has shown signs and is still very young. Now is not the time to trade him until you're getting real, established talent in return.

Not everyone on your team has to be your best player. You need depth to succeed.

The dude didn't draft himself. He is not (and likely never will be) as good as Paul or Deron but he is still a good young player who can help us win. As Ex said, he was the 3rd leading scorer in his draft class as a 21 year old and the two who scored more (Paul and Deron) are All Star caliber players and Olympians. Do the people in MIL hate Bogut? Based on your logic, they should!

Marvin Williams - 46% fg, 15 ppg, 6 rbg, 2 apg, 1 spg

Tayshaun Prince - 45% fg, 13 ppg, 5 rbg, 3 apg, .5 spg

Shane Battier - 43% fg, 9 ppg, 5rbg, 2 apg, 1 spg

Peja Stojakovic - 44% fg, 16 ppg, 4 rbg, 1 apg, 1 spg

Josh Chilldress - 57% fg, 12 ppg, 5 rbg, 2 apg, 1 spg

Al Harrington - 43% fg, 14 ppg, 5 rbg, 2 apg, 1 spg

Grant Hill - 50% fg, 13 ppg, 5 rbg, 3 apg, 1 spg

Rasheed Wallace - 43% fg, 13 ppg, 7 rbg, 2 apg, 1 spg

Anthony Parker - 48% fg, 13 ppg, 4 rbg, 2 apg, 1 spg

Kenyon Martin - 54% fg, 12 ppg, 7 rbg, 1 apg, 1 spg

Raja Bell - 42% fg, 12 ppg, 4 rbg, 2 apg, 1 spg

Andrei Kirilenko - 51% fg, 11 ppg, 5 rbg, 4 apg, 1 spg

Andrea Bargnani - 39% fg, 10 ppg, 4 rbg, 1 apg, 0.3 spg

Marvin's numbers might not be All Star numbers but they are as good as anybody's on this list. He might not be an All Star (yet), but if he is putting up numbers that are comparable to, if not better than, the guys on this list, he certainly does NOT suck.

As for whether he should be traded before Chillz, I STRONGLY disagree. In Chillz' BEST season, he put up 13 ppg, 6 rbg and 2 apg in 37 mpg. Marvin equaled those numbers last year in fewer minutes despite being a full THREE years younger than Chillz. Chillz is 25 and Marvin is 22. Marvin is already every bit as good and he is going to be better in the very near future. If you can't see that, well...

insane.gifinsane.gifinsane.gifinsane.gif

Tayshaun is more than 6 years older than Marvin and he put up 15 ppg, 5 rbg, 3 apg and 1 spg in his BEST season. Marvin equaled that last year as a 21 year old. Why would I trade him for a player that has likely reached his prime when Marvin still hasn't come close to reaching his prime yet?

i wouldn't trade marvin for prince. marvin's better than prince and he's 7 years younger. you talk about somebody disappearing for long stretches during games. prince to often becomes a complete none factor. i guarantee detroit wish they would have choosen carmelo instead of darko, because they had prince. yeah they won a championship but they would have won 3 possibly 4 with melo. and i guarantee if we offered marvin and zaza for prince, detroit wouldn't hesistate. detroit would do the trade straight up but the numbers don't work.

Quote:

Tayshaun is more than 6 years older than Marvin and he put up 15 ppg, 5 rbg, 3 apg and 1 spg in his BEST season. Marvin equaled that last year as a 21 year old. Why would I trade him for a player that has likely reached his prime when Marvin still hasn't come close to reaching his prime yet?

The same reason the Celtics would trade a very young and good player in Al Jefferson for KG. If Jefferson,who is much better than Marvin, can be traded then Marvin can also. Prince would help the Hawks win now more so than Marvin. He is a near shut down defender, a part of his game that won't show up in stats. He also is a threat from behind the arc which Marvin can't say.

Prince sacrifices his own offensive game so the Pistons can be a better team. He could easily put up Marvins offensive numbers but Marvin will never be the defender Prince is. With Billups, Rip, Rasheed and McDyess in the starting line up you can only score so much. Marvin has the opening to be the second scorer here but his game isn't advanced enough to do so. He gets alot of his points at the line and shooting open mid range jumpers. He isn't the threat with the ball in his hands like he should be.

Stop reading the box score and watch the games and you can see Prince is better than Marvin.

Quote:

i wouldn't trade marvin for prince. marvin's better than prince and he's 7 years younger. you talk about somebody disappearing for long stretches during games. prince to often becomes a complete none factor. i guarantee detroit wish they would have choosen carmelo instead of darko, because they had prince. yeah they won a championship but they would have won 3 possibly 4 with melo. and i guarantee if we offered marvin and zaza for prince, detroit wouldn't hesistate. detroit would do the trade straight up but the numbers don't work.

You write off winning a championship against Kobe and Shaq like its an after thought. He played great defense on Kobe to win that ring also.

Wow so you mean to tell me the pistons want melo now and wish they didn't draft Darko. Man you've got some great insight, i meant hindsight. Did you read the olympic roster? I saw Princes name but missed Marvins. Marvin wouldn't even make the junior olympic team over Gay, Thortan, Durant, Granger, etc.

Quote:

Quote:

You write off winning a championship against Kobe and Shaq like its an after thought. He played great defense on Kobe to win that ring also.

Wow so you mean to tell me the pistons want melo now and wish they didn't draft Darko. Man you've got some great insight, i meant hindsight. Did you read the olympic roster? I saw Princes name but missed Marvins. Marvin wouldn't even make the junior olympic team over Gay, Thortan, Durant, Granger, etc.

I not down playing them winning a championship, i'm just saying they would have won if they would have drafted melo instead of darko. and the reason they didn't draft melo was because they had prince, thinking he was going to be this great player. yes, prince is on the olympic squad (the one that hasn't won gold in who knows how long), but JJ isn't (I don't think). is prince better than JJ, i dont think so. they are trying to build a real nba team. you know where you have stars and role players. smalls and big men. if sund called and offered marvin, detroit would say they have to get back us, hang up the phone, bust out laughing with joy, pick the phone back up call sund and say " we hesitantly accept your offer suckers *cough*

As excited as I would be to see Antoine Walker back with the Hawks I dont think the Wolves do this and I dont believe in OJ Mayo. I doubt Walker has much left in the tank but doughnuts at this point.