• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Diesel's draft day trade of the Day.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Marvin/Speedy to Minny.

Walker/#3 to Atlanta.

Hawks select OJ Mayo.

What makes this trade nice. Getting OJ Mayo. Could be Love also.. but Mayo is going to be a star on this level.

Bibs, Mayo, JJ, Smoove, Horf.

If it were Love:

Bibs, JJ, Smoove, Love, Horf.

Then we can talk about Smoove Luv!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What did Marvin ever do to you? Did his daddy steal your lunch money when you were a kid or something? How can you CONTINUE to propose MULTIPLE trades of the same player EVERY DAY? You are truly obsessed with that dude. Truly!

It must have KILLED you when BK traded your boy Shelden (the REAL worst mistake BK ever made) instead of Marvin in the Bibby trade. Do you boo when Marvin makes a shot? Do you get upset when he does something well? I truly think you would rather that we trade Marvin and miss the playoffs next year than keep him and have him play a prominent role in our success.

Quote:

Marvin/Speedy to Minny.

Walker/#3 to Atlanta.

Hawks select OJ Mayo.

What makes this trade nice. Getting OJ Mayo. Could be Love also.. but Mayo is going to be a star on this level.

Bibs, Mayo, JJ, Smoove, Horf.

If it were Love:

Bibs, JJ, Smoove, Love, Horf.

Then we can talk about Smoove Luv!

i like that lineup w/ Mayo @ SG.Sund said we wont be trading into the draft,but i guess we should take that w/ a grain of salt huh?

Quote:

What did Marvin ever do to you? Did his daddy steal your lunch money when you were a kid or something? How can you CONTINUE to propose MULTIPLE trades of the same player EVERY DAY? You are truly obsessed with that dude. Truly!

It must have KILLED you when BK traded your boy Shelden (the REAL worst mistake BK ever made) instead of Marvin in the Bibby trade. Do you boo when Marvin makes a shot? Do you get upset when he does something well? I truly think you would rather that we trade Marvin and miss the playoffs next year than keep him and have him play a prominent role in our success.

I gotta defend the D on this one...1st, Marvin sucks. If you can't see that, well, you probably shouldn't be here. Sure, he has a good jumper-but with his -100 intensity level it kills us. 2nd, Marv is still an asset to some teams while he's young. 3rd, it had better be Marvin traded before Chillz or Smoove.

I just don't understand all these arguments and trade proposals that assume that Marvin is a washed-up draft bust on our team, but he's a good young developing player to the rest of the league.

Truth is:

1) we're not going to be able to trade Speedy until he's at least an expiring contract. Sorry, just because we don't want to pay this guy $6M to not even show up to games doesn't mean someone else does.

2) Marvin can't be trash to us and worth #3 to someone else. This isn't craigslist where you can scam over a potential buyer. Everyone in the league has seen this guy and has access to film on him if they need to see more. The difference between how much we value him and how much someone else isn't all that great.

Quote:

If you can't see that, well, you probably shouldn't be here.

FYI Trace has been a season ticket holder for years. Saying he doesn't belong here is a bit out of line.

Secondly Diesel has been trashing Marvin almost daily since even before he was drafted. Sure he was a bad pick but he didn't pick himself.

Quote:

He robbed me of the Joy of watching Paul or Deron leading this team!

Now thats a nice comeback that nobody can deny. BK got rid of one of his mistakes(Shelden) now its only a matter of time till Sund gets rid of his biggest remaining two(Speedy,Marvin). At least I hope so.

I was actually starting to regain my respect for BK's decision making after drafting Horford and trading Shelden.

Quote:

Quote:

FYI Trace has been a season ticket holder for years. Saying he doesn't belong here is a bit out of line.

Secondly Diesel has been trashing Marvin almost daily since even before he was drafted. Sure he was a bad pick but he didn't pick himself.

OK, this is part of the reason I asked about the "let's get to know each other" thread. I'm certainly not trying to put down anyone on a personal level. That's pretty immature.

Secondly, you can't exactly rip Diesel for trashing a pick/a guy's play on the court when guys like you and Dolfan23 trash each other.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

OK, this is part of the reason I asked about the "let's get to know each other" thread. I'm certainly not trying to put down anyone on a personal level. That's pretty immature.

Secondly, you can't exactly rip Diesel for trashing a pick/a guy's play on the court when guys like you and Dolfan23 trash each other.

Marvin averaged 15/6 in his 3rd season. Certainly that isn't on the level of Paul/Deron but saying he sucks is a bit harsh.

If someone wants to trash the pick they should trash BK because he is the one that made the pick.

Exactly. The reason it's so frustrating is not what Marvin hasn't done as much as what Paul/Deron have become. I mean this past season Marvin was the 3rd highest scorer of his draft class. So you arguably got the 3rd best player (certainly top 5) at #2. Ok it wasn't perfect, but it's not like you drafted a total dud. It's just that Deron and Paul are so damn good.

Marvin has been disappointing, and looks like he doesn't have it in him to be a star, but he's still a nice young player. Are we still going to [censored] about where he was drafted when he's 30+??

BK's gone, let it go. It doesn't matter where he was drafted. What matters is his value to the team now.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Marvin averaged 15/6 in his 3rd season. Certainly that isn't on the level of Paul/Deron but saying he sucks is a bit harsh.

If someone wants to trash the pick they should trash BK because he is the one that made the pick.

I didn't say Marvin sucks. Hell, I'm trying to get the third pick in tonight's draft for him. IS that saying he sucks?

What I'm saying is that we can do better.

Two things about Marvin Nobody can deny.

1. He comes up for reup next year. His reup could effect Horf's reup.

2. He hasn't lived up to the hype and he doesn't help us when we really need it. His lack of intensity really hurts this team when games count. We only play Seattle 2 times.

Quote:

I didn't say Marvin sucks.

But Swish did.

Quote:

He hasn't lived up to the hype

Thank you Captain Obvious.

Quote:

he doesn't help us when we really need it.

You mean like our back to back games against Philly late in the season? Philly was one of the hottest teams in the east and were playing tough D. We were obviously in the playoff race.

In the two games marvin scored 37 pts shooting 63% from the field and was 13/14 from the line.