• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Gerald Wallace on the block

jezmund

Gerald Wallace is officially on the block according to hoopsworld.com.

Is he too redundant to Josh Smith (except for better shooting) or is he a player you guys would like to see us go after. I say make a run at him. Maybe with a franchise full of UNC people, we could get him for Marvin/Speedy. Wallace is currently BYC so I'm not sure when that comes off. It certainly makes a trade more difficult.

What I do like about Gerald is that from what I can remember, he is more capable of staying in front of 3's than Smith and has a better jumpshot. Our defense would be pretty darn good with Wallace/Smith/Horford.

He is the PERFECT SF.

A tough defender who can slash and hit the 3 !

I wanted him over RJ but did not think the Bobcats would let him go.

A perfect compliment to JJ and Smith would be Wallace !

Will the Tarheel love open the door for a Marvin /ZaZa proposal ? They seem to need a big.

If we could find a 3rd team to take Zaza or Speedy then I would ship them Marvin for Wallace in a heartbeat. He is better defensively than Marvin and a far more dynamic scorer with better range.

I wonder if we could find a team under the cap to take Speedy and we could give them a 2nd round pick as well.

I would do Speedy/Marvin for Wallace. I think the Bobcats may be inclined as well. They get Marvin the UNC protege and an expiring contract(when is Speedy's contract coming off the books)?? Plus it's not like Gerald is some old vet he's only 25 so he has room to get better. Gives us a viable second option to JJ and it also lets Smoove stay in the post and not worry about the perimeter. Sund needs to get this deal done.

Gerald Wallace would be a terrific addition to the Hawks. But come on guys, MW and Speedy for him? Do you all really think that Bobcats would make THAT trade? I think they can get a lot more for him. Second, I doubt they would trade him to their immediate rival.

I just don't see this happening even thoguh it would be great for the Hawks.

Quote:

Gerald Wallace would be a terrific addition to the Hawks. But come on guys, MW and Speedy for him? Do you all really think that Bobcats would make THAT trade? I think they can get a lot more for him. Second, I doubt they would trade him to their immediate rival.

Actually I checked on trade checker and it can't happen because of Wallace's BYC.

Quote:

there is no way. gerald wallace is one year into a 6 year 57 Mill deal and theres no reason for them to trade him for speedy or zaza or marvin.

gotta be realistic

Quote:

Wallace for Marvin and Speedy's contract is a dream.

I would do that yesterday.

Wallace is the guy we wish Marvin was/is. He is hardnosed, can score (inside/outside), defend, finish at the rim, run ect ...

I think everyone on here would agree that the most Marvin could progress to would be a Wallace (some won't go that high I know). I'd love to be able to land that trade.

You may have just pointed out exactly why they WOULD want to trade him, because of the years and dollars left on his deal .... if there are legitimate concerns about his health relating to the concussions and if that's the case then we should definitely stay away.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Actually I checked on trade checker and it can't happen because of Wallace's BYC.

Doesn't the BYC end during this summer, though?

He may never be as good as Wallace but there is certainly a reasonable chance that he can be BETTER than Wallace on offense. He is already a FAR better shooter and he is better than Wallace was at the same age.

I like Wallace but he may be just a player who puts up good numbers on a bad team. CHA won 29 games last year and they haven't sniffed the playoffs since he's been there. They have a quality big man in Okafor, a quality SG in Richardson and a solid PG in Felton. If Wallace is as good as everyone seems to think he is, why are they not a better team? I think if Smoove were in CHA in place of Wallace and alonside Okafor, Richardson and Felton, I think the team would win more than 29 games.

I think Wallace is certainly better than Marvin now but I think it is VERY realistic that Marvin can be a better player than Wallace in a couple of years.

Quote:

He may never be as good as Wallace but there is certainly a reasonable chance that he can be BETTER than Wallace on offense. He is already a FAR better shooter and he is better than Wallace was at the same age.

I like Wallace but he may be just a player who puts up good numbers on a bad team. CHA won 29 games last year and they haven't sniffed the playoffs since he's been there. They have a quality big man in Okafor, a quality SG in Richardson and a solid PG in Felton. If Wallace is as good as everyone seems to think he is, why are they not a better team? I think if Smoove were in CHA in place of Wallace and alonside Okafor, Richardson and Felton, I think the team would win more than 29 games.

I think Wallace is certainly better than Marvin now but I think it is VERY realistic that Marvin can be a better player than Wallace in a couple of years.

What makes Marvin a "FAR" better shooter then Wallace? I am curious, because just based on statistics, Wallace has a higher adjusted field goal percentage, is a better three-point shooter and averages more points per shot.

According to the "Hotspots" chart at nba.com, Wallace only made 64 midrange J's all season and he didn't shoot it particualrly well from any midrange zone. Basically, he doesn't take a lot of jumpers and the vast majority of his shots were layups and dunks. He shot 32% from the 3 point line which is not great but Marvin didn't even take 3's last year so I don't see what there is to compare.

For some reason, the "Hotspots" stats for the Hawks players is unavailable right now but I seem to remember that Marvin made well over 200 midrange J's and I knowhe shot them at a high percentage.

Bottom line, Wallace scores most of his points around the basket and Marvin scores most of his points on midrange Js. Wallace made 1/3 of his 3s while Marvin hardly took any. Masrvin shot nearly 10% higher from the FT line. Marvin is a FAR better shooter.