• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My Penny on....

jaywalker72

Quote:

Quote:

lack of range?

chillz is money from 3pt...he just has to be open...if he goes to a team that has an actual offense, he will be amongst league leaders in 3pters

How's Marge? And Bart and Lisa? Um it's the truth.Chillz shot the 3 very well when he did this year.He can knock them down from the corner at decent rate.He just has to stay on the baseline.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

lack of range?

chillz is money from 3pt...he just has to be open...if he goes to a team that has an actual offense, he will be amongst league leaders in 3pters

How's Marge? And Bart and Lisa? Um it's the truth.Chillz shot the 3 very well when he did this year.He can knock them down from the corner at decent rate.He just has to stay on the baseline.

He had 22 3pters this year, the top 10 in the league had 171-243, umm yeah, I somehow doubt that he'll be among the leaders even if he plays for a team with better offense.

Quote:

I suppose that signing the Joshes would mean that we would spend minimum money to fill out our roster. However, I can see us trying to finish a trade with either Marvin, Bibby, or Zaza to bring in a player that can help in a needed area. Probably a Vet Center.

I think Sund will focus on signing our Josh's and then adding filler; which is exactly what he said. Nothing dramatic. He took over a team that forced a game seven with the world champs. A team that was also the youngest in the playoffs.

Sund will give Woody & company a chance to improve over last year. If we are struggling at the break and trade deadline, that is when we might see some changes.

I only expect dramatics if his hand is forced with the Josh's; otherwise I expect a very boring and stable off season....

Quote:

Quote:

I suppose that signing the Joshes would mean that we would spend minimum money to fill out our roster. However, I can see us trying to finish a trade with either Marvin, Bibby, or Zaza to bring in a player that can help in a needed area. Probably a Vet Center.

I think Sund will focus on signing our Josh's and then adding filler; which is exactly what he said. Nothing dramatic. He took over a team that forced a game seven with the world champs. A team that was also the yoingest in the playoffs.

Sund will give Woody & company a chance to improve over last year. If we are struggling at the break and trade deadline, that is when we might see some changes.

Agreed. And the thing that made the difference for us in the playoffs is we played with attitutde: IE ZaZa got on KG's face. He needs to bring in guys who can further such an attitude to give us an edge.

I only expect dramatics if his hand is forced with the Josh's; otherwise I expect a very boring and stable off season....

Quote:

Agreed. And the thing that made the difference for us in the playoffs is we played with attitutde: IE ZaZa got on KG's face. He needs to bring in guys who can further such an attitude to give us an edge.

It would be nice to sign a vet that has gone far into the playoffs. Robert Horry type or get Mutombo back...

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

lack of range?

He had 22 3pters this year, the top 10 in the league had 171-243, umm yeah, I somehow doubt that he'll be among the leaders even if he plays for a team with better offense.

22. That is all that needs to be said.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

I think Sund will focus on signing our Josh's and then adding filler; which is exactly what he said. Nothing dramatic. He took over a team that forced a game seven with the world champs. A team that was also the youngest in the playoffs.

I agree he will do what he said... (resign the joshes).

However, I don't think he will stop there.

Bibby represents 15 million dollars in capital. We will lose Bibby at the end of the year. Bibby will probably be traded unless he is willing to sign a lesser contract to stay.

Zaza represents 4 million dollars. Zaza can be traded.

Marvin represents 5 Million dollars. If we take Marvin to the offseason, we will have the same sort of situation where we might be forced to sign him to a high contract just to keep him. IN my mind, Marvin represents a tradable player for that reason.

We can not stay too close to the luxury tax. Look for these three in some combination of individually to be moved to complete the roster. Look for us to get a Big vet and a shooter.

In your mind you would trade Marvin for one of a million reasons. You would give Marvin away for nothing (and have proposed many such scenarios) just to get rid of him.

The only thing different about next years squad will be the guys on the end of the bench. Bibby, Childress, Marvin, and Smith will all be here. Unless he trades Zaza to the Sonics for one of their bigs he will be back as well.

Quote:

I agree he will do what he said... (resign the joshes).

However, I don't think he will stop there.

Bibby represents 15 million dollars in capital. We will lose Bibby at the end of the year. Bibby will probably be traded unless he is willing to sign a lesser contract to stay.

Zaza represents 4 million dollars. Zaza can be traded.

Marvin represents 5 Million dollars. If we take Marvin to the offseason, we will have the same sort of situation where we might be forced to sign him to a high contract just to keep him. IN my mind, Marvin represents a tradable player for that reason.

We can not stay too close to the luxury tax. Look for these three in some combination of individually to be moved to complete the roster. Look for us to get a Big vet and a shooter.

So Bibby's contract comes off the books and you think that is a bad thing?

ZaZa is the best 4 million dollar big man in the league and you want to get rid of him?

We can match any offer for Marvin next year and if we choose, force a SNT; and you think that is a bad thing?

And finally Diesel, our starting five that took the world champs to seven games has not been together a whole season; and you want to re-write our lineup?

I know you are doing this just to keep the squawk hopping; but none of the above items is a negative. It is all good; which is why this will be a boring off season for you....

• Premium Member

Quote:

Makes no sense to trade him now because he is cheap! It make sense to trade Bibby because he is expensive and his production doesn't come close to his salary. If you are going to trade Marvin, it would make sense to trade him after the season.

• Premium Member

Quote:

ZaZa is the best 4 million dollar big man in the league and you want to get rid of him?

People keep saying how bad Zaza is and certainly he had an off year last year but when you re-watch some of the games, He is not as bad as people make him out to be. And the same people support Salim who when you re-watch the game is not as good as people make him out to be. Same can be said about Mario west. Don't know why posters are fascinated with Mario West.

Quote:

Quote:

Makes no sense to trade him now because he is cheap! It make sense to trade Bibby because he is expensive and his production doesn't come close to his salary. If you are going to trade Marvin, it would make sense to trade him after the season.

iagree.gif

Quote:

In your mind you would trade Marvin for one of a million reasons. You would give Marvin away for nothing (and have proposed many such scenarios) just to get rid of him.

Actually I thought he was going to PAY someone to take him. I think he is actually that desperate to get rid of him.

Quote:

Quote:

Agree! Crazy to trade Marvin before the end of the season.

The thing to watch on Bibby is if he leads us towards the playoffs again. If so, I say try and resign him at a resonable price. Worse thing that can happen is he walks and we gain 15 mill in cap space...

People didn't like Zaza last year because he stunk it up during the regular season and turned the ball over ever time he touched it. Despite that he actually played good in the playoffs and seemed to do very well as a backup big but he needs to carry that over to next year. As for Mario, the reason that everyone likes him is because he gives 100% everytime he steps foot on the floor and does the most with the skills that he has.

Quote:

Quote:

People keep saying how bad Zaza is and certainly he had an off year last year but when you re-watch some of the games, He is not as bad as people make him out to be. And the same people support Salim who when you re-watch the game is not as good as people make him out to be. Same can be said about Mario west. Don't know why posters are fascinated with Mario West.

Mario plays hard (not afraid to dive on the floor) and he came out of Tech; some people think Salim has potential; I think he has hit his ceiling already (we will know for sure this season).

ZaZa on the other hand is great short term insurance. If Smoove, Horford, or Marvin have a minor injury; ZaZa can fill in just fine for a few games. I cannot see Mario or Salim starting for us and doing half the job ZaZa would do...

• Premium Member

Quote:

Mario plays hard (not afraid to dive on the floor) and he came out of Tech; some people think Salim has potential; I think he has hit his ceiling already (we will know for sure this season).

Yeah West plays hard but he possess zero skills and his defense is way over rated. My bigest

problem with Salim is that he has a low basketball IQ. Most shooters in the NBA know the difference between a good shot and a bad shot but Salim doesn't even in his 3rd NBA season. Woodson had no chose but to not use him. If the Hawks had a real shooter of the bench like Posey, Jame Jones, Kareem Rush, Pargo, Jarvis Hayes etc., they would have won at least 5-6 more games last year. The Salim experiment hopefully is over!

• Premium Member

No, I would not give Marvin away for Nothing.

I would trade Marvin for something we could use.

You however.. would keep Marvin regardless of logjam. Regardless of Salary cap issues. Regardless of lack of heart.. And the only reason you'd do so is because we drafted him.

Let me ask you something.

If Marvin played for the Suns. And we had Raja Bell and Brook Lopez.. Would you trade them for Marvin?

If Marvin played for Charlotte. And we had Gerald Wallace, would you trade G-Force for Marvin and Speedy?

If Marvin played for Detroit, and we had Tayshun.. Would you trade Tayshun for Marvin?

I would love to hear your responses!

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

I think we're tettering to close to the SCT to consider trying to match an offer on Marvin. Just think if we match Marvin's offer (even if we get a player in a SNT).. then What will we do when JJ is a FA? What will we do when Horf and Acie are RFAs. Not to mention if we bring CHillz back, Marvin is purposeless.