Hawksquawk's Woes

kudzu23

Sorry it has come to this frown.gif

We are 9 days into the month, and Hawksquawk has allocated 3/4's of our allowed bandwidth for the month, and unless we upgrade, the site will become inoperative sometime during this month, and then reactivated at the beginning of next month. Most of the admins here have chipped in as much as possible upwards of hundreds of dollars. Due to this, future features such as the Season Predictions has been postponed until we can get ahead in bandwidth. Its now up to you to keep us up and running 30 days a month. The new site has had a great response from the community, and we didnt anticipate our resouces being drained this quickly.

If you would like to make a donation, there is a link at the bottom of each screen next to the Hawk that says "donate". Our current method of payment is Paypal, but if you wish to mail a check or something, that can be arranged. If you make a donation of at least $10, you will receive a free Hawksquawk.net email address, a "Hawksquawk Supporter" title, and a custom signature graphic for your posts. In addition you'll be automatically entered in any future contests, raffles, or giveaways. Sorry, this is all we have to offer at this time. We hope to have T-shirts, and all kinds of goodies like that eventually for all the hardcore Hawksquawkers.

Thanks for keeping Hawksquawk alive!!!

Though I sit behind the Hawks bench, it is only because of the generosity of others that I can.

I come through the halls of Hawksquawk dozens of times every day, and consider it to be one of the ultimate channels for my fanatisicm...

For the price of skipping an evening of dining, I will happily donate to you guys, who have likely invested so much of your own time, energy, and sadly, money...

I encourage everyone who is a regular and uses this arena as a needed release and conversational haven to give a little, so that we can continue to have our own spectacular area to play in...

Thanks DF, Kudzu, and Chillz....

Let's Keep it Going!!!

Most appreciated bro. While I am not at the point financially where I could support this site by myself, I do put a lot of my time and energy into helping with it and soon once my career gets going full steam I will be able to contribute much more financially as well.

Again, thanks a ton for the donation, we definitely need it and you let me know if you decide that you want a custom Hawks signature picture, which is what my part of this donation process is going to be until I can afford to get involved dollar wise.

I feel the exact same way that you do Cap.......without this site I wouldnt have anything to break the monotony of the day. We certainly appreciate the help. I hope I can say that a hundred times for other Hawksquawkers too. We have some serious plans to make this site much much better, but we just dont have the bandwidth to do it yet, but we sure hope that can change soon.

but, I think we could solve this problem by getting rid of some of those people who take up the bandwidth. It's time to start voting people out of the nest! wink.gif

Anyway, I'll send my donation in the next few days. This site sucks up my free time, why not my cash too? wink.gif

I'll be more than happy to help out.

thanks guys.......we appreciate it........vote people out of the nest huh......lol thats funny, but this isnt survivor hawksquawk lol.......anyways, whats taking up bandwidth is the crazy amount of traffic that we have had, plus the new features we have added and we havent even gotten to do the other exciting stuff we have planned....thanks again freak and money and everyone else who has helped.

• Premium Member

Could you give us who have donated a little bit more detail about what the bandwidth problems look like...

For instance...

How much Bandwidth are we allowed on this server? How much have we averaged over these last 2 months? How much did we expend on the other server?

How much does it cost per month or per 6 months?

Will this problem arise again (especially seeing that this is the offseason and our old friends Sunsfan and Nugzfan and their friends haven't started lurking hard.

Should we stop visiting or posting as much?

should we consider switching servers?

Just a few questions... As a donor (investor) I think their reasonable.

-D.

Thanks for your contribution Diesel.

We are considering switching hosting providers at the end of the month. Everyone is entitled to know whats going on in detail, and I'll have those figures for you all, very soon, when we have decided on the best economical route for the site.

DONT STOP VISITING OR POSTING AS MUCH!!! ARE YOU CRAAAAAZY?? smile.gif