• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Marc Stein reports Smoove in face to face meeting

NJHAWK

Quote:

with Clips today. I guess we could all figure that out by Sekou's story last night but Stein did say Smoove is the Clips 1st target followed by Okeafor and Biedrins.

That is fine by me. Ready for some closure on this. I hope he gets the offer today so we know what the Hawks' are up against and can for-see our options.

The only way that Kaman could be coming back here would be if we were to include Zaza or Speedy and I doubt they would take Speedy and there's no way that Kaman is as valuable as both Smoove and Zaza. IMO we have very little choice but to match the deal unless they gave us Thornton and a couple of 1sts.

Quote:

with Clips today. I guess we could all figure that out by Sekou's story last night but Stein did say Smoove is the Clips 1st target followed by Okeafor and Biedrins.

I'd love to hear their pitch. "Come play in the Staples Center and imagine what it might be like to be a Laker!"

Quote:

Give me Kaman/Cuttino Mobley for Smith/Speedy/future 1st and you've got a deal.

Mobley gives us a solid back-up SG.

Bibby/Law

JJ/Mobley

Marvin/Chillz

Horford/FA

Kaman/Zaza

That is a bad ass team.

Smith is a BYC so that won't work.

• Premium Member

Quote:

The only way that Kaman could be coming back here would be if we were to include Zaza or Speedy and I doubt they would take Speedy and
there's no way that Kaman is as valuable as both Smoove and Zaza
. IMO we have very little choice but to match the deal unless they gave us Thornton and a couple of 1sts.

You're talking about a 7 foot Center who can post up and play defense. He also get Blocks and Boards. I would lobby for the first rounder, but he's not some chump.

Who said he was a chump? I like him but I'm not going to be gaga over him to the point where I'm giving up Smoove AND Zaza for him. It's not like this guy is Elton Brand pre-injury or something. I'm not completely sold on him being as good as his stats indicate he was this past year. Let's see how he plays without Brand beside him now.

Quote:

Quote:

The only way that Kaman could be coming back here would be if we were to include Zaza or Speedy and I doubt they would take Speedy and
. IMO we have very little choice but to match the deal unless they gave us Thornton and a couple of 1sts.

You're talking about a 7 foot Center who can post up and play defense. He also get Blocks and Boards. I would lobby for the first rounder, but he's not some chump.

There is a difference between him being a chump and him having a greater impact on our team than Smith/Zaza. He isn't a chump but there is no reason to try and make this trade.

Quote:

Who said he was a chump? I like him but I'm not going to be gaga over him to the point where I'm giving up Smoove AND Zaza for him. It's not like this guy is Elton Brand pre-injury or something. I'm not completely sold on him being as good as his stats indicate he was this past year. Let's see how he plays without Brand beside him now.

Exactly. It would be one thing if he was consistant with his numbers, but the guy is prone to having average years. I don't want to give up a player that has yet to hit his ceiling and should be in the league a lot longer for a big that is inconsistant and has had injuries. Not a good combo.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

There is a difference between him being a chump and him having a greater impact on our team than Smith/Zaza. He isn't a chump but there is no reason to try and make this trade.

]

I don't think I ever called this a must do or must consider trade. I said if we get tot he point where Smoove signs a 1 year deal or ASG doesn't want to match a LAC offer, I said that I would do a Smoove/Zaza for Kaman, BKnight, and 1st trade. However, i would not totally decline the Smoove/Zaza for Kaman trade under those conditions.

I think what you guys need to realize is that everytime you trade, you don't have to consider the pure stats of a player, but you need to consider (more importantly) the fit of a player.

If we were forced to trade for Kaman (Smoove and Zaza) I would not feel so bad because Kaman is a damn good fit.

Kaman, Horf, Marvin, JJ, and Bibby could win some games.

I believe in Smoove's potential a lot more... however, i wouldn't compare Smoove's potential so favorably over that fit. Smoove still makes a lot of mistakes and I believe Horf will be a beast at PF.

Quote:

I'd love to hear their pitch. "Come play in the Staples Center and imagine what it might be like to be a Laker!"

Classic!

Does any one know if Smoove in SNT for Kaman/Livingston would work cap wise? I might spring for that; but maybe not. The thing behind that thinking is I believe if Horf got moved to PF he could be within a few seasons the most dominant PF in the league with KG/Duncan slacking off.

Quote:

Who said he was a chump? I like him but I'm not going to be gaga over him to the point where I'm giving up Smoove AND Zaza for him. It's not like this guy is Elton Brand pre-injury or something. I'm not completely sold on him being as good as his stats indicate he was this past year.
Let's see how he plays without Brand beside him now

He played without Brand this past season.