• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Childress weighing offer from Greek team

wfhawkfan

• Premium Member

Quote:

Its almost august and the front office has done nothing to improve the product on the court. at a time when there is so much hope. ownership has to be downright broke or downright cheap.

O.K., you are the GM! What do you do since you think that you have the answers?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

Its almost august and the front office has done nothing to improve the product on the court. at a time when there is so much hope. ownership has to be downright broke or downright cheap.

O.K., you are the GM! What do you do since you think that you have the answers?

Offer smoove 5yrs 60mill, let the public know I did it. offer chillz 4yrs 26mill let the public know i did it. sign morris or kbrown, keep richardson, and or jackson. quick, easy, simple. if smoove doesn't accept 5yrs 60mill, go up to 5yrs 67mill, if chillz doesn't accept 4yrs 26mill, go up to 4yrs 28mill. there's enough room to increase salary again if you like, but doing this way at least makes you look like you're doing business. if they don't want to sign for something around these numbers, look for a sign and trade. make the trade and keep moving. this aint checkers, but it's a easy game of chess

You are not sounding like a very good business man right now. It doesn't matter how you feel about chillz as a player or his impact on the floor. Chillz has Value in the NBA and the least you should get is a SnT.

You don't buy a house only to see it depreciate in your eyes so you give it away. Only to find out later you could have sold this house above market value. This is not about your personal view only about what can the Hawks get in return for there asset if he wants to leave.

Everyone knows how I feel about Marvin but i'm not foolish enough to say he should just walk because his game isn't what this team needs. The Hawks need to be compensated for thier young talent regardless of how even they feel about the player.

Chillz could net this team a mid to late first rounder or another good young piece(Chris Wilcox?) so why would you be open to just letting him walk?

MrH, people are blaming ASG because many fans have no confidence in them. Can you blame us? They have shown over and over they are incapable of making even simple decisions correctly. Why should I have faith in them?

Trade:

Chillz and Smoove stays in Atlanta

ASG buys them and Woody coaches the Greek team!

• Premium Member

Quote:

Offer smoove 5yrs 60mill, let the public know I did it. offer chillz 4yrs 26mill let the public know i did it. sign morris or kbrown, keep richardson, and or jackson. quick, easy, simple. if smoove doesn't accept 5yrs 60mill, go up to 5yrs 67mill, if chillz doesn't accept 4yrs 26mill, go up to 4yrs 28mill. there's enough room to increase salary again if you like, but doing this way at least makes you look like you're doing business. if they don't want to sign for something around these numbers, look for a sign and trade. make the trade and keep moving. this aint checkers, but it's a easy game of chess

5/67 plus 4/28 is about $18 million which is what they have left before reaching the Luxury tax level right? What do you do with the rest of your roster? What do you think it would take to sign Brown?

Quote:

You are not sounding like a very good business man right now. It doesn't matter how you feel about chillz as a player or his impact on the floor. Chillz has Value in the NBA and the least you should get is a SnT.

Spending money just for the sake of spending money isn't always a good thing. Better to spend money on someone who actually fits the team than just take whatever the best offer is in a SNT deal.

Smith would be very hard to replace if he left. Childress... not so much. In fact it could easily be addition by subraction.

Quote:

You don't buy a house only to see it depreciate in your eyes so you give it away. Only to find out later you could have sold this house above market value.

Ridiculous analogy. There isn't a luxury tax on a house purchase. There isn't a problem allocating minutes among players. There isn't a problem finding complimentary players to fit with your core players.

There are no similarities at all between buying a house and building a team.

Quote:

Quote:

5/67 plus 4/28 is about $18 million which is what they have left before reaching the Luxury tax level right? What do you do with the rest of your roster? What do you think it would take to sign Brown?

we still have the MLE, use it or some of it to sign who you need to sign. even if we touch the Luxury tax level, its not like we'll be 20 mill over. do what u gotta do to put a winning team on the floor and you'll make your money. run it on cheap and you see an empty arena. but like i said before i think the ASG is broke.

Quote:

MrH, people are blaming ASG because many fans have no confidence in them. Can you blame us? They have
shown over and over they are incapable of making even simple decisions correctly
. Why should I have faith in them?

How so? They are the ones that got Joe here. They haven't let anybody walk yet because they refuse to pay them.

They are playing our RFAs just like every other team is playing theirs. How have they shown over and over they are incapable.....

I don't see it. While I have my doubts about ASG (see the Thrashers), I have no reason to convict them of any crimes against the Hawks until they have provided just cause for doing so. I don't think they have to this point.

If we are at the luxury tax before spending the MLE then we won't spend it, only a few teams in the league would spend it because if we sign Kwame for 5 million then we actually have to pay 10 million for him because of the luxury tax. Be honest here, would you spend 10 million on Kwame for 1 season?

• Premium Member

Quote:

we still have the MLE, use it or some of it to sign who you need to sign. even if we touch the Luxury tax level, its not like we'll be 20 mill over. do what u gotta do to put a winning team on the floor and you'll make your money. run it on cheap and you see an empty arena. but like i said before i think the ASG is broke.

The MLE doesn't protect you from Luxury taxes and like I said in another thread, only 8 teams paid luxury taxes last year!

Whats ridiculous is wanting to let a player walk whom other GM's covet and will give you value for. You dislike Chillz so much you don't see that the Hawks can trade the man and get value. I wouldn't want you running my company because your personal opinion is getting in the way of you making a business saavy decision.

Trade chillz or just let him walk? Well I don't like chillz game so just let him leave. Thats a d#mb ass biased way of thinking!

Quote:

even if we touch the Luxury tax level, its not like we'll be 20 mill over. do what u gotta do to put a winning team on the floor and you'll make your money. run it on cheap and you see an empty arena. but like i said before i think the ASG is broke.

Something upwards of 75% of the league doesnt touch the Luxury threshold. Not only do you pay the dollar-for-dollar tax, u also forfeit your share of the league revenue pie. That's major money, and I personally can't be upset with ASG for taking it into consideration.

The only time I would be upset as a fan is if I felt we were one piece away from being a contender, and the owners decided not to add that piece because of Luxury concerns. Are we one piece away? Is Kwame or Randolph going to take this team as configured and move us from 37 wins to 55?

I dont think so.

Quote:

Whats ridiculous is wanting to let a player walk whom other GM's covet and will give you value for.

So why don't you list all the great offers we are getting for Childress.

Quote:

Trade chillz or just let him walk? Well I don't like chillz game so just let him leave. Thats a d#mb ass biased way of thinking!

What is dumb is not realizing that trading Childress just to trade him could easily cause the team to spend money on a player that they don't need. Just look at the rosters of other teams. They have guys making a big check who don't even play.

Better to use that money on someone who actually fits the team.

How do you expect me to know what teams are offering for chillz guy? All I know is that he could net a Chris Wilcox or a first round pick. He could also get us a Martell Webster who is a good shooter. You don't have to take on a bad contract in a SnT for a guy who won't be making much anyways.

Quote:

Quote:

The MLE doesn't protect you from Luxury taxes and like I said in another thread, only 8 teams paid luxury taxes last year!

well get morris then. if chillz has to be traded, or even smoove if negotiations get out of hand so be. but at least make it look like you're doing something. even the clippers are doing something.

Quote:

All I know is that he could net a Chris Wilcox

mwahaha.gif

Quote:

How do you expect me to know what teams are offering for chillz guy?

You are the one assuming that we are getting good offers from teams that Childress would like to play for. Since you seem so sure of this i figured you must have some inside info.

Quote:

You don't have to take on a bad contract in a SnT for a guy who won't be making much anyways.

if we take on a guy who makes $5 million a year and doesn't fit that will make it that much tougher to acquire guys who DO fit and still stay under the luxury tax.

We have $51.7 million in salaries commited for next year already. Add in Smiths deal and that doesn't give a lot of room to add needed players.

Laugh all you want but Chris Wilcox would help this team. Some people seem to like ZaZa and Kwame Brown like they are even close to dependable big men. One is soft and the other is the modern version of Micheal olawakandi.

There were reports that westeren conference teams were interested in Chillz. Speaking of assuming, who can the Hawks acquire if they let Chillz walk that can meet this "teams needs" as you say?

At least I named a player you haven't told us this phatom player who is cheaper, available and better than chillz.

Quote:

Laugh all you want but Chris Wilcox would help this team.

There is no chance that Childress could land a player like Wilcox. None.

Just look at the recent trades involving RFAs. The involve draft picks and scrubs, that's it. No way do we get a quality big for a middle of the road RFA like Childress.

Not to mention that Wilcox makes $6.7 million next year. There is also that minor detail of whether or not Childress would want to play in OKC.

Quote:

At least I named a player you haven't told us this phatom player who is cheaper, available and better than chillz.

First of all they don't have to be better than Childress. They just have to be better fits for the team.

The guys i wanted (Diop, James Jones, Roger Mason) were already signed. If we had renounced Childress' rights when he became a free agent then we could have made offers for them.

I think JR Smith would definitely be worth a shot although i am sure Denver would match. He is a very good perimeter shooter and very athletic. I would take him over Childress easily.

Lastly they don't even have to sign anyone this year. They will have plenty of opportunities to sign players who fit down the line as long as they don't tie up their money and minutes tied up in someone like Childress.

Of course I disagree with you about Chillz game and value but J.R Smith is a good name. I don't believe he would want to play here if the ASG name keeps getting involved in,even if only rumors, not wanting to compensate thier own RFA's.

I didn't realize Chris Wilcox was that better of a prospect than Chillz. THey both were drafted high and both are only role players for thier respective teams. With OKC signing Miles to an offer sheet they may not need Chillz anymore though.