• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lakers Might Be The Team Pursueing Smith

capstone21

• Admin

I hope it is not for Odom. Although I like Odom's game and he would be a good fit here with his rebounding and passing, he only has one year left on his contract. I would rather Gasol plus change. Gasol and his inside game and ability to play center would work well with Horford. He and JJ and would make a nice inside outside combo. Either way if the Lakers are the west coast trading partner it will be either Gasol or Odom because they already have Bynum at Center. I guess the expectation will be Smith at SF with either Gasol or Odom at PF.

Edited by Capstone21

An S&T for Gasol would be at least respectable, I wouldn't be pissed if that happened.

But, for Odom, that's just terrible. I'd rather have a one year rental of Smith rather than Odom.

I agree. Gasol may be somewhat "soft" inside, but putting him with a guy like Horford is an excellent combination.

Odom, no way. Talk about a soft player. Odom didn't step up at all, never has. Plus, he doesn't play inside at all any more. He would rather luanch jumpers than get down low and post up guys.

Nonetheless, I can't imagine that the Lakers would consider trading Gasol at this point. He works too well with Kobe. If they can get Bynum healthy then they have a very big PF/C combo.

Why haven't we heard any discussion of Houston or Portland? I think both teams could present interested trade options, too.

We aren't getting Roy, Aldridge or Oden. Houston doesn't have anything I'd want other than Yao who we aren't getting.

I'm with you in that hopefully its Bynum or Gasol and not Odom. Talk about soft, Odom is softer then Gasol and he would be nothing more then a 1 year rental. I have no faith in the ASG using Bibby and Odom expiring contracts to lure a star free agent but maybe Sund could find a steal with Bibby and Odom's monster expiring contracts as bait ? Would that player be any better then Gasol or would they be a 7 footer able to play the center postion.

How much is Gasol due money wise and how many years are left on his deal ? He will only be 28 next year. His finess next to Horfords muscel should be really nice. However if Gasol is due $15 mill then Speedy and Smith's BYC status would not be enough payroll by itself.

Edited by coachx

f Gasol,softy. He's a good reason they lost. I don't want anything to do with him. I hate softies

Without Gasol the Lakers would not have gotten homecourt advantage in the West and would not have reached the Finals at all. If I remember correctly, Odom is the one who did nothing in the Finals.

Without Gasol the Lakers would not have gotten homecourt advantage in the West and would not have reached the Finals at all. If I remember correctly, Odom is the one who did nothing in the Finals.

I'm sure they are trying to ship Odom out as opposed to Gasol. I agree that Gasol next to Horford would be nice. I can't get excited about Odom.

I can't see Smith being a very good fit for the triangle offense.

I doubt they care much about Smiths offense. At best he would be a distant 3rd option. Most likely they tell him to concentrate on defense and rebounding and get his points in the flow of the game. I bet he wouldn't be hoisting up the long jumpers there.

The part I wouldn't understand about getting Odom is whats in it for the Hawks? They still have to pay him a ton for basically a one year rental. They would be better off having Smith here cheaply for 1 year forcing him to take the qualifying offer. Maybe there are a couple of 1sts or someone else invilved.

Edited by tmac13

I wouldn't mind a deal that nets us Scola and Battier for Smith, if we're to sign and trade Josh.

I thought Scola went back to play in Europe? If not, Scola/Battier/1st would be solid return for Smith. That offer would sure beat anything I've seen on here from Golden State, Los Angeles, Toronto, Orlando. We would be less talented and maybe lacking that word 'potential' BUT we'd be a good 'team' right now.

Bibby/Law

Johnson/Evans

Williams/Battier

Scola

Horford/Zaza/Morris

Battier isn't a backup so I'm not sure how that would work.

Bobby Jackson's expiring would have to be involved for cap reasons I'd imagine. Still don't have a great grasp on the BYC numbers.

Bibby/Law

Johnson/Evans

Williams/Battier

Scola

Horford/Zaza/Morris

That, plus another vet big, makes us a pretty deep team that could be pretty competitive. We wouldn't be winning any championships next year, but we could continue to improve upon last year's mark and then have 2 first round picks. Plus we could play some team ball for once.

I like it!

Ugh, all these trade proposals are so uninspiring and just make me hate the ASG more. Scola, Battier? Decent players but are NOTHING compared to Josh Smith. It's so depressing that we even have to discuss this.

I wouldn't mind a deal that nets us Scola and Battier for Smith, if we're to sign and trade Josh.

I would. That would be a TERRIBLE deal for us. BOTH of those guys are nothing more than role players on good teams while Smith has the potential to be a star. No star, no trade.