• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Marvin the BUST

Hawk88

This kid is clueless. Does he not realize he has a job and that even though the season is 9 months, you work all year around. While Deron Williams and Chris Paul lead the US agianst the world he is at UNC getting his degree. Are you kiddding me? I think this says a lot about his lack of passion. Al Horford needs to go up there and slap that bitch!

Disgusting.....................

Hawk88

This kid is clueless. Does he not realize he has a job and that even though the season is 9 months, you work all year around. While Deron Williams and Chris Paul lead the US agianst the world he is at UNC getting his degree. Are you kiddding me? I think this says a lot about his lack of passion. Al Horford needs to go up there and slap that bitch!

Hawk88

Did Al Horford not go back to school, too?

Hawk88

Marvin has been working on his game this summer WHILE working on his degree. In the article with Sekou Marvin said that he has been shooting 3's and working out the WHOLE summer but you and others think he hasn't been doing anything to improve his game. I guess someone needs to bitch slap Al because he went back to school to work on his degree too!

This is coming from someone who is supposed to be a "Hawks Fan", no one wants to say anything good about this kid. You call him a bust even though he averaged 15 points last season, all I can hope for is that he gets better and makes all of these haters eat their words.

• Premium Member
and in other news NASA has successfully put a man on the moon.

Actually, that's very questionable too!!!

I was watching the re-entry of Columbia into KSC. It was going 16,600 mph and had to bank off it's speed (which happened from Hawaii to FL)... To think that a spacecraft can do the same thing (back with 60s technology) is doubtful. Moreover, has anybody ever seen the flag or the moonmobile via telescope?

By the way...

we have surface pictures from Mars...

opportunity_mro_big.jpg

No moon pictures?

Actually, that's very questionable too!!!

I was watching the re-entry of Columbia into KSC. It was going 16,600 mph and had to bank off it's speed (which happened from Hawaii to FL)... To think that a spacecraft can do the same thing (back with 60s technology) is doubtful. Moreover, has anybody ever seen the flag or the moonmobile via telescope?

By the way...

we have surface pictures from Mars...

No moon pictures?

In the back of my mind I thought to myself, someone is going to bring up the moon landing not being real, but I posted it anyway. Who knows whether it was real or not, but either way it served it's purpose.

I think Marvin has been working and will try very hard this upcoming year....I also doubt that he will be successful at shooting the 3 or really making a difference with his new muscle. JMHO...hope I'm wrong.

I'm also not very sure a human being ever set foot on the moon :nono:

OK ...here's the thing...after they murdered JFK they used his "dream of getting to the moon" by 1969 to bolster the NASA budget. My gut feeling is maybe we got there but probably Niel Armstrong wasn't the first guy. We have the Hubble telescope showing us pictures of outter galaxies - yet no pics of the landing sight for "Tranquility Base".

Edited by DJlaysitup

C'mon Diesel. You can question the moon landing all you want, but your example is like comparing apples to oranges. The Columbia is a space shuttle, and as such is designed to be piloted back to the surface of the earth- in fact it basically turns into a giant airplane once it enters atmospheric pressures dense enough to allow for controlled flight. The Apollo and Mercury rockets couldn't have been any more different than that. Those astronauts had no real real ability to control their capsule once it entered earth's atmosphere. They couldn't steer it or direct it in any particular direction- it was pretty much just a wild ride, white knuckle free-fall and keep yer fingers crossed and hope to god the calculations are right, that and you hit water rather than land firstly, and secondly that you splash down somewhere within the vicinity of the fleet that's waiting there to pick you up.

And RE: the technology, it's amazing what NASA was able to accomplish given how technologically crude those rocket systems actually were. The average PDA today has more technology inside it than the rockets that took us to the moon. That's incredible, a tribute to human ingenuity and the courage and skill of those astronauts. They were true heroes, at a time when the country really needed that.

Hawk88

Apparently he is now Marvin the BEAST!

• Premium Member
C'mon Diesel. You can question the moon landing all you want, but your example is like comparing apples to oranges. The Columbia is a space shuttle, and as such is designed to be piloted back to the surface of the earth- in fact it basically turns into a giant airplane once it enters atmospheric pressures dense enough to allow for controlled flight. The Apollo and Mercury rockets couldn't have been any more different than that. Those astronauts had no real real ability to control their capsule once it entered earth's atmosphere. They couldn't steer it or direct it in any particular direction- it was pretty much just a wild ride, white knuckle free-fall and keep yer fingers crossed and hope to god the calculations are right, that and you hit water rather than land firstly, and secondly that you splash down somewhere within the vicinity of the fleet that's waiting there to pick you up.

And RE: the technology, it's amazing what NASA was able to accomplish given how technologically crude those rocket systems actually were. The average PDA today has more technology inside it than the rockets that took us to the moon. That's incredible, a tribute to human ingenuity and the courage and skill of those astronauts. They were true heroes, at a time when the country really needed that.

You know Seano, you missed my point, but stunningly, you've made my point too...

The Space Shuttle is technologically more advanced than what we had then. You know with tiles and the ability to re-enter atmosphere without buring to a crisp. If we orbit earth... and land on it. However, it uses great speed to land on it...

What can we say about the Apollo landing on the moon. Like you said, no ability to steer, just hoping to "free-fall and keep yer fingers crossed and hope to god the calculations are right"? With that kind of lack of technology, we landed on the moon and came back??? :thumbsdownsmileyanim:

I'm waiting on Photos of Buzz A. to and John G. to come back showing that they were in Vegas on the date of the mission.

I won't be disappointed to find out that we never put a man on the moon. I would say that I'm more impressed by the fact that we put a rover on Mars. I'm more impressed with the capabilities of the internation Space Station and the fact that our shuttle can dock.

However, about the moon...

It's been 40 years and we've never gone back. Somebody said that there's no scientific value in going to the moon... That's BS. IF that's true, then let's just shut down the big budget that NASA has.