• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Marvin the BUST

Hawk88

However, about the moon...

It's been 40 years and we've never gone back. Somebody said that there's no scientific value in going to the moon... That's BS. IF that's true, then let's just shut down the big budget that NASA has.

Well we're going back, dude. That much is a definite, and I believe it's to happen by 2016. And the shuttle is being mothballed too (thank god). NASA is going to start deep space missions again, rather than being stuck in this virtually useless near-earth orbit that the shuttle has restricted us to for the last 20+ years. The whole intent of this new manned lunar mission is to serve as a dry run for the future manned mission to Mars, and also to build a permanently manned base up on the moon. Some of the components for the Mars rocket will be put together in this new lunar base, because it will be much easier to assemble this in stages and in a low gravity environment.

It's very exciting. It's a whole new era in manned space flight and human exploration, and honestly it is way, way, WAY overdue. Had Richard Nixon not gutted the Apollo program and NASA's budget back in the early '70's, we'd have had men on Mars by the year 2000....and that was the plan. NASA had big ideas, and the space shuttle program was not a part of any of that. The aim on Mars is to eventually establish not just a permanently manned base but an entire colony, and there's enough water-ice on Mars to be able to create a self-sustaining colony like that. We're branching out from the earth, which we pretty much have to do. It's kind of our destiny I believe.

Actually, that's very questionable too!!!

I was watching the re-entry of Columbia into KSC. It was going 16,600 mph and had to bank off it's speed (which happened from Hawaii to FL)... To think that a spacecraft can do the same thing (back with 60s technology) is doubtful. Moreover, has anybody ever seen the flag or the moonmobile via telescope?

By the way...

we have surface pictures from Mars...

opportunity_mro_big.jpg

No moon pictures?

If you look very closely at the picture you will see the camera mast shadow is actually Marvin sitting next to a rock eating bon bons reading a Buck Rogers comic book...Veeeerrryyy Interesting....

• Premium Member
If you look very closely at the picture you will see the camera mast shadow is actually Marvin sitting next to a rock eating bon bons reading a Buck Rogers comic book...Veeeerrryyy Interesting....

MARVIN THE MARTIAN.

Hawk88,

Look what you got started . . . . . . but it's good to see Diesel post on the moon instead of Marvin.

Diesel jacked the post again, but at least he's not bashing Marvin. So I welcome the jack, because the thread started Overdosed on his Marvin hatorade yesterday.

This kid is clueless. Does he not realize he has a job and that even though the season is 9 months, you work all year around. While Deron Williams and Chris Paul lead the US agianst the world he is at UNC getting his degree. Are you kiddding me? I think this says a lot about his lack of passion. Al Horford needs to go up there and slap that bitch!

Disgusting.....................

Hawk88

i don't diss anyone trying to get their degree.

We need s good conspiracy here on HS. Anyone got one in mind????

Damn...this guy says he has built his weight up, running sprints to get faster with his added weight, and working on shooting the three and all some want to focus on is the fact he is taking some classes.

A lot of people have an unexplainable beef with Marvin Williams.

Same stuff that went on last year. People questioning the kid because he was going back to school and supposedly not working on his game.

People forget that Marvin was our 2nd best player for those first two months last year, and easily our most consistent offensive player. He had one horrible month. Other than that, he was consistent as hell last year.

Oh well . . . I guess until he averages 23 ppg and grabs 9 rebs, we'll hear this kind of speak every summer.

A lot of people have an unexplainable beef with Marvin Williams.

The beef people have with Marvin is not his fault. Its simply because far better players like Paul, Deron Williams and even Bynum were drafted behind him. As long as Marvin continues to progress his crtics will have less and less to talk about.