• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How important Series.

Diesel

• Premium Member

How important is another big to the success of the Hawks?

The options have drawn up. I think now there's Pollard and Magloire waiting on offers... But honestly, how important is us getting another big.

We now have: Horford, Zaza, Randolph, Smoove, Solo, Dude from SL, and occassionally Marvin (if he's 245).

So how important would another big be?

There are two schools of thought here.

1st: We have enough young guys that we ought to develop behind Smoove and Horford.

Smoove and Horf should be big enough to handle most frontcourts. Therefore, having Zaza and Randolph backing up C and having Solo backing up PF should be enough for us.

2nd: We don't have any guys who can stand up to the best bigs. We should go out and get a good big.

Smoove and Horf are playing out of position. Horf is a prototypical PF and he's only 6'9", Smoove is a tweener who can probably play Sf better than PF. We need to trade for somebody like Dalembert, Pryzibillia, Miller, or Foster and bring in a Center he can help us make the playoffs and do something when we match up against the best in the East.

Those are two schools of thought when it comes to a center. I think the most important part now is to define what Horf really is and what Smoove really is.

What do you think?

Miller would be a great pick up. and I know how to get him.

Acie Law to Sac with the '09 2nd rounder.

Solo and the '10 first rounder to Memphis for Javaris and their '10 second rounder.

Bibby/Javaris/Speedy

Joe/Evans/Flip

Josh/Marvin

Al/Zaza

Miller/Randolph

That is a deep deep roster.

Edited by Swatguy

Can I vote for option #3? I think Smith and Horford are fine at the PF and C positions but I do believe we need a quality big man behind them. That's why I was clamoring for Diop before his price jumped and he the the full MLE. I still think Jamaal Magloire would be a good pick up. Maybe Ratliff but I don't know how much he has left.

• Premium Member
Miller would be a great pick up. and I know how to get him.

Acie Law to Sac with the '09 2nd rounder.

Solo and the '10 first rounder to Memphis for Javaris and their '10 second rounder.

Bibby/Javaris/Speedy

Joe/Evans/Flip

Josh/Marvin

Al/Zaza

Miller/Randolph

That is a deep deep roster.

Unfortunately Swat. Acie couldn't get us Miller. Not without an 8 million dollar salary to go wit him. Morevover, I don't think Sactown would want a PG. There need need is PF...

We've got no one i'd be willing to trade that would bring back anyone better than we have.

I'd love to have Foster though.

A trade that works is Bibby for Foster and Tinsley. Indy might jump at the deal since Tinsley has 2 years left and they want to get rid of him. When healthy Tinsley is pretty good but his attitude leaves alot to be desired.

• Moderators
A trade that works is Bibby for Foster and Tinsley. Indy might jump at the deal since Tinsley has 2 years left and they want to get rid of him. When healthy Tinsley is pretty good but his attitude leaves alot to be desired.

Tinsley freaked out the last time they tried to trade him to Atlanta. He'd basically go straight to Woody's doghouse and never leave. I'd probably side with Woody on that one though.

• Admin

I think we are done as far as the offseason.

I still would like a banger and the need is at PF more then C.

I also would like a veteran as we are in need of a locker room presence. Maybe we should bring back Lo. He does't have to play many minutes but he is good in the locker room, can help the younger big guys (Morris/Solo/Horford) and he is a banger.

macdaddy,

Would you do Marvin Williams/Speedy Claxton/Solomon Jones for LaMarcus Aldrige/change?

Since we cannot define "change" other than maybe a few nickels and a penny...this still would be insane for them. Effectively (as far as real NBA talent) it would be Marvin for LaMarcus.

Solo needs to practice the Pimsler language courses while he works out cause if he wants to keep up basketball as a career it won't be in the US of A and Speedy's knees (while I hope to gosh I'm wrong) have about as much chance of holding up for a season as a New Orleans piece of concrete against Hurricane Katrina.

Other teams know that - they scout.

Maybe we should bring back Lo. He does't have to play many minutes but he is good in the locker room, can help the younger big guys (Morris/Solo/Horford) and he is a banger.

Well I'm not as tall as Lo but I could be good in the locker room (pick up towells and such) By not playing me at all I wouldn't hurt us as much on defense as BloW. I'd take 1/2 vets min. :bye1:

How important is another big to the success of the Hawks?

So how important would another big be?

2nd: We don't have any guys who can stand up to the best bigs. We should go out and get a good big.

What do you think?

To hope Randolph can stand with Zaza is a lot to hope. If we had two Zaza's we would be in good shape. As it is now we need another veteran Big. Consider Harrison or Mbenga. Or consider moving an asset to fill the void.

I think Sund may move Solomon and a pick for two guys from the Oklahoma roster like Smith and Petro or a deal for Stromile or an Etan Thomas. I doubt if Washington will part Batche, but Thomas may be available.

Clearly we need Al logging time at PF and someone standing with Zaza at center.

What about Marvin for Blatche?