• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hunter enters the season as first PF off bench?

sturt

His stats on summer league were impressive 16 ppg, 6rpg for a big guy!!!. Summer league games are often dominated by guards, if a big guy put good numbers you must keep an eye on him. Horford last year was like 10 ppg, 7rpg. Solo has done nothing on it. He was considered fot the starting lineup of the summer league roster. He reminds me Udonis Haslem, same history, undrafted player, plays PF, comes to the Hawks at summer league and does really well. Haslem signed with Miami and put 7ppg, 6 rpg. I wouldn't be surprised if Hunter does something similar, I can understand Sekou's love for the guy.

His stats on summer league were impressive 16 ppg, 6rpg for a big guy!!!. Summer league games are often dominated by guards, if a big guy put good numbers you must keep an eye on him. Horford last year was like 10 ppg, 7rpg. Solo has done nothing on it. He was considered fot the starting lineup of the summer league roster. He reminds me Udonis Haslem, same history, undrafted player, plays PF, comes to the Hawks at summer league and does really well. Haslem signed with Miami and put 7ppg, 6 rpg. I wouldn't be surprised if Hunter does something similar, I can understand Sekou's love for the guy.

I'd be perfectly happy if he got 7 and 6. That means that Woody would at least be using his bench!!!

He wasn't all that great last year. He's just uncoordinated and soft. Perhaps he's gotten a "mean streak" since the playoffs, but I didn't like what I saw last year. I would have rather had seen Lorenzon Wright play more. At least he had a good defensive game against Dwight Howard.

I know some may be tired of me saying O. Hunter is the next Carl Landry but he has the tools to prove me right. I expect he will impress in training camp with his energy and athletism. Maybe not initially but at some point Hunter will get some PT and I expect him to be a capable replacement off the bench.

The way he runs the floor will help him against bigger slower players on offense. I wouldn't be surprised to see him guarding SF's at some point either. He's just as good as having a second round pick.

Maybe Sekou meant because Marvin would be out that Hunter = first PF off the bench?

D is as relentless on Marv as that report says that Hunter is on the glass (bad analogy, I know).

Anyway, I'd prefer Hunter over Solo. Whether or not Solo could be better doesn't really matter. For those who defend Solo by pointing out that Woody doesn't play developmental guys, Woody is still the coach. If there is a greater chance of O seeing the floor, I'd prefer to give him a shot.

He seems sort of like a really poor man's Smith with a better J on offense. He's small on D and only an average shotblocker but if he can run around and play with some energy, he could be solid in help.

I think that Marv will again be the de facto backup PF unless Zaza returns to form or Morris really suprises and allows for Al to put in spot minutes at the 4.

Why do you think Zaza is that bad? He's a great backup big man IMO. Plus, he's ugly as hell. Every team needs an ugly SOB.

Do you really think Zaza is a "great" back-up big man?

When I think of "great" back-up big men I think of Kevin McHale and Mychal Thompson. Even for the Hawks, imagine how great it would be to have an Antoine Carr coming off the bench as opposed to Zaza.

Well, look at it this way. Smoove averages 17 and 9. Zaza has averaged before 12 and 6. So, if he ramps it up this season, which he can, we get 29 points and 15 boards a night from the PF position. Would you complain about that?

Do you think he will average 12 and 6 playing 20 minutes a night or less?