• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why do you guys hate Mike Bibby?

AnthonyI11

I honestly do NOT see it.. AT ALL. Why? He did nothing wrong and you guys are all over him about trading him. I know his contract is sorta big, but he's what we need. PG leadership who can stroke 3's as easy as 1.2.3.

Hate is a strong word. There is nothing wrong with a Hawks fan being dissapointed in Bibby last season. Especially in the playoffs. He has to be much more consistent to lead this team back to the playoffs next season.

Mike Bibby was not as good as advertised. Because he's a big expiring contract, he is our most valuable trade piece. He was very inconsistent last year. I know he was injured, but that was one of the knocks of Bibby from Kings fans. I really want to see what he can do when healthy, and if he'll stay healthy. If AC Law comes out of no where are shows he's a starting PG, then we could move him for 2 solid players to give us depth.

Hate is a strong word. There is nothing wrong with a Hawks fan being dissapointed in Bibby last season. Especially in the playoffs. He has to be much more consistent to lead this team back to the playoffs next season.

Well put. Bibby started out great for us. He was giving us that 3 point threat we needed to give JJ some relief, not to mention hitting his jumpers.....at first. But then we started to see the inconsistency Sac fans mentioned. Come playoff time, he was virtually nonexistent. Yes he did handle the pg position well as far as getting the ball up the floor but that was about it. Maybe he will have a great year for us. I don't know. But he was, in my opinion, a little disappointing due mainly to his inconsistency.

I honestly do NOT see it.. AT ALL. Why? He did nothing wrong and you guys are all over him about trading him. I know his contract is sorta big, but he's what we need. PG leadership who can stroke 3's as easy as 1.2.3.

Easy? Have you checked out his shooting percentages lately? Did you watch his poor play in the Boston series? Have you not noticed how bad his defense is?

I dont hate him, but he plays no d, turns it over and the whole "team dime" thing is just too much. I'd rather have a grown up running the point.

He's way down the list of problems around here, though.

I dont hate him, but he plays no d, turns it over and the whole "team dime" thing is just too much. I'd rather have a grown up running the point.

He's way down the list of problems around here, though.

I don't mind the "Team Dime" thing at all. An athletic celebrity needs significant buffers to flow unhindered. Bibby is a star and is the reason we got in the playoffs. It remains to be seen if he is worth all of his cost. I don't mind his contract, it ain't my money. He's blessed.

• Moderators

We'll all love Bibby this year provided he isn't hurt. He's a great PG. Last year he was coming off a long recovery and then came to a young, struggling team with no real identity on offense. He played hurt for us the rest of the way. He's not a miracle worker. This year we'll see how much better a team we really are when there is someone running the show, breaking down the defense, and hitting open shots. Once the rest of the team sees this they'll be more than happy to cover up his defensive issues.

I don't mind the "Team Dime" thing at all. An athletic celebrity needs significant buffers to flow unhindered. Bibby is a star and is the reason we got in the playoffs. It remains to be seen if he is worth all of his cost. I don't mind his contract, it ain't my money. He's blessed.

An athletic celebrity needs significant buffers to flow unhindered.

Mike Bibby could "flow unhindered" just about anywhere. He is in no way a "star". He had his moment years ago, but that is yesterday's news. He's an average player. But that's beside the point. It's just juvenile. The dude is like 30 yrs old. Time to grow up, pal. It just doesn't demonstrate any kind of leadership. I do like the bucking of Woodson, though. That shows one sign of intelligence. By the way, I don't care that we got to the playoffs and lost 4 games by a combined 80+ points.

Mike Bibby could "flow unhindered" just about anywhere. He is in no way a "star". He had his moment years ago, but that is yesterday's news. He's an average player. But that's beside the point. It's just juvenile. The dude is like 30 yrs old. Time to grow up, pal. It just doesn't demonstrate any kind of leadership. I do like the bucking of Woodson, though. That shows one sign of intelligence. By the way, I don't care that we got to the playoffs and lost 4 games by a combined 80+ points.

What you fail to obviously realize is, it is his life.

When an athlete generates millions of dollars for himself, intelligently he is much as a corporate. It is encumbered to surround himself with "helps". Be it lawyers, agents, investors, clothiers, security, house keeping and other "helps".

It has been stated "Team Dime" are helps facilitating his business and living. It really makes no difference what they do or do not to anyone else, its Bibs business.

I have a relative in the NFL, and he has buffers. His life is not normal as mine. He cannot go to the Mall, to the movies, not even to a fast food joint. You are naive to think of these guys without considering the lifestyle difference of people with celebrity and large money. Guy makes 16 mil., has made millions and every knowledgable basketball fan in America knows who he is. He is a star.

twinkle twinkle baby yeah.

What you fail to obviously realize is, it is his life.

When an athlete generates millions of dollars for himself, intelligently he is much as a corporate. It is encumbered to surround himself with "helps". Be it lawyers, agents, investors, clothiers, security, house keeping and other "helps".

It has been stated "Team Dime" are helps facilitating his business and living. It really makes no difference what they do or do not to anyone else, its Bibs business.

I have a relative in the NFL, and he has buffers. His life is not normal as mine. He cannot go to the Mall, to the movies, not even to a fast food joint. You are naive to think of these guys without considering the lifestyle difference of people with celebrity and large money. Guy makes 16 mil., has made millions and every knowledgable basketball fan in America knows who he is. He is a star.

twinkle twinkle baby yeah.

I'm sure your relative could go anywhere. I ran into Joey Harrington at Fellini's a few weeks back. the place was packed. He and I were there to pick up orders. I said hello. Guess what? No one, and I mean no one besides me gave him a second glance. He's been in the media a lot more than Mike Bibby. Not positive media, but he's been there. I would guess that less than 5% of people in Atlanta and the surrounding perimeter know who he is.

Do you realize how many athletes and former ones, as well as countless celebrities call Atlanta home? You should if you have such a famous relative. Atlantans don't bother people.

The point is that a grown man doesn't need to be out clubbing with 20 guys on his payroll every night. At least not a responsible grown man.

By the way, your english was really bad. I think you meant to say "incumbent" at one point. I can't even begin to grasp what "intelligently he is as much a corporate" means.

The whole point is that, regardless of what you say, hundreds of athletes lead very normal, non clubbing, non buffers lifestyles. Thing is, they are grown ups.

Edited by TroyMcClure

By the way, your english was really bad. I think you meant to say "incumbent" at one point. I can't even begin to grasp what "intelligently he is as much a corporate" means.

The whole point is that, regardless of what you say, hundreds of athletes lead very normal, non clubbing, non buffers lifestyles. Thing is, they are grown ups.

I said what I meant to say. It is encumbered (not incumbent as you mistake) upon a walking corporation to surround himself with helps and the like. Who are you or anyone else to say what he needs or to question/judge what he desires.

It may be you know too much about his business. Get out of his shorts Troy. Grasp that.

I said what I meant to say. It is encumbered (not incumbent as you mistake) upon a walking corporation to surround himself with helps and the like. Who are you or anyone else to say what he needs or to question/judge what he desires.

It may be you know too much about his business. Get out of his shorts Troy. Grasp that.

I'm a fan. That's who I am. I'm not a fan of that kind of thing. I didn't say I hated the guy, he's just not very inspirational. Warrick Dunn he ain't!

Sorry but you do mean"incumbered", not "encumbered". The first means obligatory, or a responsibility while the second one means exactly the opposite of what you think it does.

• Premium Member
I'm sure your relative could go anywhere. I ran into Joey Harrington at Fellini's a few weeks back. the place was packed. He and I were there to pick up orders. I said hello. Guess what? No one, and I mean no one besides me gave him a second glance. He's been in the media a lot more than Mike Bibby. Not positive media, but he's been there. I would guess that less than 5% of people in Atlanta and the surrounding perimeter know who he is.

Do you realize how many athletes and former ones, as well as countless celebrities call Atlanta home? You should if you have such a famous relative. Atlantans don't bother people.

The point is that a grown man doesn't need to be out clubbing with 20 guys on his payroll every night. At least not a responsible grown man.

Joey Harrington? Ha! Hey, everyone in that place probably knew who he was but just didn't care to speak to him. Besides the stars in the NBA are so much more "visible" than NFL stars for the most part. Oh, and let Bibby live his life the way he sees fit. He's not hurting anybody. Just let him live.

Joey Harrington? Ha! Hey, everyone in that place probably knew who he was but just didn't care to speak to him. Besides the stars in the NBA are so much more "visible" than NFL stars for the most part. Oh, and let Bibby live his life the way he sees fit. He's not hurting anybody. Just let him live.

That's funny! Really, though, no one noticed. You are right about the visibility thing, but my point is that Tom Glavine and John Smoltz have no problems around town. They are stars of a much higher magnitude, both locally and nationally. It's just about the type of person you are and what you think is important. Somehow, guys like that don't spend too much time clubbing. You are right that he's not hurting anyone, but he's not inspiring either. He's just a dude cashing a check, which means he better produce.

I am glad we got him. Sure he was terrible in that Celtics series. Then again just about everyone on the team was terrible in that series. Fact is the Hawks need him if they want to make the playoffs this year. Hawks need Bibby at his very best at this stage in his career whatever that might be. Law is not ready to take over and there is not a lot of options out there for a PG.

I am glad we got him. Sure he was terrible in that Celtics series. Then again just about everyone on the team was terrible in that series. Fact is the Hawks need him if they want to make the playoffs this year. Hawks need Bibby at his very best at this stage in his career whatever that might be. Law is not ready to take over and there is not a lot of options out there for a PG.

I go further and suggest he is still good and with Flip, Speedy and Law(whatever he brings), Bibby will not have to be "at his very best" to give what we need. I believe Bibby will thrive this season and possibly 2-3 years more.

uh because Joey SUCKS, always has, always will. and since he sucks and wears a helmet,nobody gives a flying f**k. Mike Bibby was one of the best at one point in time. Atlanta doesn't even want Joey Harrington on the team. Edited by Cwell

we don't know if Law is ready or not. The season hasn't started yet.