• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Marvin's Position

Swatguy

• Premium Member
We've seen Marv as our backup PF since Smith went down and he's bad at it. He is a bad rebounder, can't defend the position, and can't provide help D.

All the props in the world to Marv for his performance last night but we've seen enough of Marv to know what he is, at least this season.

I really don't understand why some people on this board are so keen on trying to say Smith is a natural SF but are then willing to say Marv might be a PF...

You beat me to it. Marv flat out can't defend the post. He's actually a nice rebounder when he puts his mind to it, but he doesn't seem dedicated to hitting the boards nightly. I wish he was, but he's not. He's more suited to play the SF position right now. That might change some time in the future, but last night's game is absolutely NO reason to think he can play PF on a nightly basis.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great players play well out of position, good players play average out of position, average players play below average out of position, and below average players play poorly out of position. MW is an average Sf. He would be a below average Pf and IMO because of his soft shell, a poor Pf. He's a Sf if only because he's not good enough to play well or even moderately well out of position.

On another note, it isn't my idea of a front court with JS and Al but at least they have the attitude to play bigger than they are. MW plays smaller than he is and has the attitude of a NBDLer.

W

Great players play well out of position, good players play average out of position, average players play below average out of position, and below average players play poorly out of position. MW is an average Sf. He would be a below average Pf and IMO because of his soft shell, a poor Pf. He's a Sf if only because he's not good enough to play well or even moderately well out of position.

On another note, it isn't my idea of a front court with JS and Al but at least they have the attitude to play bigger than they are. MW plays smaller than he is and has the attitude of a NBDLer.

W

You're a poor man's Diesel

Edited by crimedog

• Moderators
We've seen Marv as our backup PF since Smith went down and he's bad at it. He is a bad rebounder, can't defend the position, and can't provide help D.

All the props in the world to Marv for his performance last night but we've seen enough of Marv to know what he is, at least this season.

I'll second this.

ROFLOL...that was COLD right there.

Hey, you should volunteer for the mod positions.

That's a nice thought but I don't ever use the chat because I'm only on Squawk when I'm in the office so if I'm actively watching a game, its a bar.

If Dol wants my help within those parameters, he's got it.

QUOTE (Walter @ Nov 20 2008, 05:12 PM) Great players play well out of position, good players play average out of position, average players play below average out of position, and below average players play poorly out of position. MW is an average Sf. He would be a below average Pf and IMO because of his soft shell, a poor Pf. He's a Sf if only because he's not good enough to play well or even moderately well out of position.

W

Church is OUT !!!

That is the quote of the month....at least. :lol6:

wow, exaggeration doesn't prove a point very well. You know Marvin Williams would be Lebron James in the NBDL.

His attitude could hold the jock strap of Lebron's, although the NBDL's Lebron is usually a guy like Jeremy Richardson. MW has an NBDL attitude. He has more talent than that of a role player but his attitude (nice guy and all) is that of an NBDLer. Got it?

W

His attitude could hold the jock strap of Lebron's, although the NBDL's Lebron is usually a guy like Jeremy Richardson. MW has an NBDL attitude. He has more talent than that of a role player but his attitude (nice guy and all) is that of an NBDLer. Got it?

W

Somehow i doubt an NBDL player would go 7 of 7 from 3 on the road against NOH and Boston, hitting what looked like the game winning 3 with 7 seconds left against Boston.

LOL Flattery will get you nowhere.

When you consider Diesel and my projections for MW each and every year have been FAR more accurate than most anyone else's.

Every year many people move the goal posts back for Marvin, realizing just how wrong about him they were, and, realizing his remarkable penchant to underwelm, just how likely they are to have to move them back again. These individuals STILL so overestimate MW's stats (and even moreso his impact), those who were MW "perennial all-star" predictors" to even recently 20/8 predictors, that they register as a poor-man's Kevin Pritchard (Sam Bowie) or Chad Ford (Milicic).

crimedog, are you a poor man's pritchard and perhaps don't know where else to express your frustration with your own self?

W

Funny how Walter was conspicuously absent during the Hawks 6 game winning streak. However after the Hawks lose 4 straight he finally feels comfortable enough to crawl out of the woodwork.

When Smith comes back and the Hawks start winning agian Walter will probably disappear again until someone else gets hurt.

Funny how Walter was conspicuously absent during the Hawks 6 game winning streak. However after the Hawks lose 4 straight he finally feels comfortable enough to crawl out of the woodwork.

When Smith comes back and the Hawks start winning agian Walter will probably disappear again until someone else gets hurt.

What an ass-hole ex! I've been "conspicuously absent" for almost SIX MONTHS now after buying a house and refinishing it. I've made 5 posts and "suddenly" I'm back (after a win I might add). What an ass-hole! That would be COMPLETE ass-hole.

W

Good Lord

LOL

I got the same feeling after hearing your name mentioned as a willing "moderator". Laughable. How many times have you been banned or threatened banned yourself? Yikes.

W

What an ass-hole ex! I've been "conspicuously absent" for almost SIX MONTHS now after buying a house and refinishing it. I've made 5 posts and "suddenly" I'm back (after a win I might add). What an ass-hole! That would be COMPLETE ass-hole.

W

Well Waldo, some here would say you're a "COMPLETE ass-hole"

I guess it's all about perspective Buddy

I got the same feeling after hearing your name mentioned as a willing "moderator". Laughable. How many times have you been banned or threatened banned yourself? Yikes.

W

Glad I made your day Sugar Pants

W

Yes you are. You somehow found time in your schedule to bash Marvin (after he hits a game winner) but couldn't find any to give the Hawks props when they were undefeated.

BTW your boys aren't doing so hot.

Bargnani looks like a prime candidate for the Bust Wagon, averaging only 10 ppg in his 3rd season.

bargnani.gif

Yi is shooting 36% as a power forward, or should i say powerless forward, while Sene is on the back of a milk carton.

25z3611.gif