• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Best QB in the NFL?

Swish

With Peyton apparently regressing and Brady gone, who in your eyes is the best QB, combining leadership and skills? Brees? Romo? Rivers? Cutler? Eli Manning? Roethlisberger? Someone else?

For me, Romo is tops right now but I think his supporting staff (Owens/Barber/Witten) make him much better. If you put him in another situation I'm not sure he would excel so much.

IMO

Donovan McNabb is the best total QB to me (short and deep passing, as well as running), if he can stay healthy.

But...

Peyton is the best overall WHEN totally healthy (i feel his timing is hindered by the recent injury right now)

I agree wth you on Romo that he is good but i'm just not sure... he does a lot of foolish things (although he gets away with a few) and hasn't won a game under real pressure (the playoffs)

I think Philip Rivers right up there too

IMO

Donovan McNabb is the best total QB to me (short and deep passing, as well as running), if he can stay healthy.

But...

Peyton is the best overall WHEN totally healthy (i feel his timing is hindered by the recent injury right now)

I agree wth you on Romo that he is good but i'm just not sure... he does a lot of foolish things (although he gets away with a few) and hasn't won a game under real pressure (the playoffs)

I think Philip Rivers right up there too

I agree Peyton is the best when healthy. We have to remember that he didn't really have a training camp due to the knee infection. The Colts also are hurting on the o-line and Harrison is not well either.

After Peyton you do have to look at Eli Manning and McNabb. Until other qbs consistantly win in the post season, they really shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as Peyton, Donovan, and Tom Terrific.

this is a tough question to answer. With Brady out, Peyton is the best QB. but so far this season, McNabb and Eli has been really impressive so far but Im still gonna go with Roethisberger but that could change if McNabb keeps it up because he has been phenominal! Peyton when healthy is the best QB still. Romo is overrated but is good too..not the best tho

Right now, regardless of injury or whatever!

Aaron Rodgers.

Donovan McNabb.

You can mix and match who you want after that, but those 2 (just from what I've seen) are the best.

Agree 100% on Cutler right now !

Cutler is the best QB in the league at this moment. He also has the best offensive mind to coach him up in Mike Shannahan.

Romo is good but has a bad case of fumbleitus. Plus his supporting cast and O-Line are second to none.

Donnovan is right there with Cutler but can't stay healthy. His style of play early in his carreer is now hauting him.

Peyton may regain his form........Its a long season but with 2 rookies starting on the offensive line protecting Manning and his healing knee it will be a challenge.

1. Cutler

2. Brees

3. Romo

4. E. Manning

When Rothlisburger, P. Manning, and McNabb get healthy they will be up there too.

Edited by coachx

Agree 100% on Cutler right now !

Cutler is the best QB in the league at this moment. He also has the best offensive mind to coach him up in Mike Shannahan.

Romo is good but has a bad case of fumbleitus. Plus his supporting cast and O-Line are second to none.

Donnovan is right there with Cutler but can't stay healthy. His style of play early in his carreer is now hauting him.

Peyton may regain his form........Its a long season but with 2 rookies starting on the offensive line protecting Manning and his healing knee it will be a challenge.

1. Cutler

2. Brees

3. Romo

4. E. Manning

When Rothlisburger, P. Manning, and McNabb get healthy they will be up there too.

Philip Rivers has been phenomenal as well. He leads the league in passer rating by a LOT.

• Premium Member
With Peyton apparently regressing and Brady gone, who in your eyes is the best QB, combining leadership and skills? Brees? Romo? Rivers? Cutler? Eli Manning? Roethlisberger? Someone else?

For me, Romo is tops right now but I think his supporting staff (Owens/Barber/Witten) make him much better. If you put him in another situation I'm not sure he would excel so much.

I'm not sold on Romo. He has some serious issues in the clutch. McNabb is THE best QB in the league right now. He has that rocket arm and he's regained his mobility this season. The guy simply makes the Eagles a contender when healthy. Pair him with a Randy Moss or TO(Whoops!) type of WR and his numbers would go through the roof. He still manages to get it done with whatever he has around him.

Probably not. I'm just hyping him up. Seriously, though Donovan McNabb is the best all around QB. I haven't watched a lot of other teams outside of the Falcons, so I haven't gotten a chance to catch Cutler. Philip Rivers looked good on Monday (It may have been Sunday) Night Football.

Philip Rivers has been phenomenal as well. He leads the league in passer rating by a LOT.

Good call !

Your right. I forgot all about Rivers. I love his attitude as leader and QB. Due to a significant arm strength difference I'd keep Cutler #1 but put Rivers right there with Drew Breese at #2. There both just so darn efficient with short touch passes. I'm intertested in seeing how Brees can do the next couple of weeks with a injured Shockley, Colston, and no Duece. Teams will game plan around stopping Bush since there are no other real weapons.

Meanwhile, with Gates and LT getting healthy the Charges could win 10 straight if the defense can hold anyone under 28 points.

I was going to mention Rivers. I love to see so many young gusy stepping up and making a difference. Gives me hope about Ryan.

I agree. I also think Ryan will be every bit as "cerebral" as Rivers plus Ryan has much quicker feet and probably a slightly stronger arm. Both guys have "NFL average" arm strength but Ryan's deep ball seems to have a little more on it. Plus Ryan can still add 15-20 pounds of solid muscel to help generate a little more mustard on his throws.

As soon as Ryan settles down and plants his feet the short passes will have the zip and accuracy they need. Right now he is getting "happy feet" in the pocket and throws alot of short passes off balance when he does not have to. I remember Romo saying that is the main thing he worked on this off season. He studied film on Brady and noticed how Brady's quick release rarely prevents him from planting and setting his feet. That is what Ryan should be working on. Occaisonly the short pass sails on him b/c he forgets to plant his feet. (Romo should also have been working on not fumbing the football. On the other hand Ryan tucks the ball away rather well when taking a hit, unlike Romo.)

I think the sky is the limit for the young Matt Ryan. Tom Brady has shown that you don't need a lazer arm if you no where to go with the football with solid decision making. Evidence is in his 2 long touchdowns. He knows when to go for the long pass based on his ability to read the defense (evidence with the bomb to White). He can also hit a player in perfect stride on a short pass allowing them to run wild after the catch when the safety is caught playing the run (evidence in the perfect slant to Jenkins for the long TD in game 1.) That is what impresses me most about the rookie QB, his ability to read the defense and make the right decision where to go with the football.

I have no doubt Ryan can be a solid QB like Matt Hasselbach (Sp?) or Mark Bulger (in his prime). Its also very possible he grows into somthing more then a "solid QB." I am holding out hope he turns into a Championship QB. His cool demeanor, decision making, and natural leadership are the intangibles that could help get him there if Dimitrioff continues to make solid personel decisions.

Edited by coachx

I agree. I also think Ryan will be every bit as "cerebral" as Rivers plus Ryan has much quicker feet and probably a slightly stronger arm. Both guys have "NFL average" arm strength but Ryan's deep ball seems to have a little more on it. Plus Ryan can still add 15-20 pounds of solid muscel to help generate a little more mustard on his throws.

As soon as Ryan settles down and plants his feet the short passes will have the zip and accuracy they need. Right now he is getting "happy feet" in the pocket and throws alot of short passes off balance when he does not have to. I remember Romo saying that is the main thing he worked on this off season. He studied film on Brady and noticed how Brady's quick release rarely prevents him from planting and setting his feet. That is what Ryan should be working on. Occaisonly the short pass sails on him b/c he forgets to plant his feet. (Romo should also have been working on not fumbing the football. On the other hand Ryan tucks the ball away rather well when taking a hit, unlike Romo.)

I think the sky is the limit for the young Matt Ryan. Tom Brady has shown that you don't need a lazer arm if you no where to go with the football with solid decision making. Evidence is in his 2 long touchdowns. He knows when to go for the long pass based on his ability to read the defense (evidence with the bomb to White). He can also hit a player in perfect stride on a short pass allowing them to run wild after the catch when the safety is caught playing the run (evidence in the perfect slant to Jenkins for the long TD in game 1.) That is what impresses me most about the rookie QB, his ability to read the defense and make the right decision where to go with the football.

I have no doubt Ryan can be a solid QB like Matt Hasselbach (Sp?) or Mark Bulger (in his prime). Its also very possible he grows into somthing more then a "solid QB." I am holding out hope he turns into a Championship QB. His cool demeanor, decision making, and natural leadership are the intangibles that could help get him there if Dimitrioff continues to make solid personel decisions.

I was more encouraged by two other Ryan passes to Roddy White in the KC game than the deep pass. The first was a deep in where Roddy ran the safety off and Ryan planted his back foot and stepped up and threw a strike about 20 yards down the middle of the field. The other was a quick slant where Ryan planted that back foot again and stepped up and hit Roddy right between the 8 and the 4. Both balls had EXCELLENT velocity but they weren't so hard as to be uncatchable. Ryan will never rival Cutler for arm strength but if he can learn to plant that back foot and step into every throw, I think he will have enough arm strength to be very successful in this league.

Gotta be Brees right now, right?

By the way, I don't like to second guess football coaches but four downs in a row on that goal line stand I thought they'd give it to McNabb to either throw a little screen pass (which he and the Eagles excel at) or call his own number and sneak it in (he's 6'3 240, he's built like Jamal freaking Lewis - I know they don't want him getting injured but that was a legit walk-off game winner right there).

When your best player is a great passing AND running qb, why not put the game in his hands on a goal line stand?