Diesel

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member
The "Marvin watch" has begun.

Now, when he shoots 7 - 9 in one of these preseason games, let's see who says anything about that. But God forbid if he goes 1 - 8. Armegeddon will be upon us . . . in the preseason no less.

When Marvin led the team in scoring last pre-season, it was just pre-season and it meant nothing. But when he doesn't shoot well in the 1st pre-season game this year, this proves that he is a bust. You are brilliant Diesel!

Edited by Peoriabird

Oh, So me pointing out that Marvin has done nothing but ride a wave of excuses is player hating.

Alright. Let's do it the other way.

What has Marvin done on this team to deserve being named Starter for this season over the like of Mo Evans?

You don't get it, man. I have zero problem with anyone saying a negative comment about Marvin. In fact, I agree with most of them. It becomes "extreme player hating" when you make topic after topic, post after post just doing nothing but bashing the guy and insulting the people who disagree. Everyone understands the way you feel and I'm thinking you'll always feel the same way regardless of any changes in reality.

I usually just skip over you threads for this reason, but I was bored before class so I thought I'd chime in. Carry on.

• Premium Member
The "Marvin watch" has begun.

Now, when he shoots 7 - 9 in one of these preseason games, let's see who says anything about that. But God forbid if he goes 1 - 8. Armegeddon will be upon us . . . in the preseason no less.

Is this an excuse or hope??

Go ahead Northcyde...

Just say

"I really hope that Marvin shoots 7-9 in garbage time against the knicks.

I really hope that Marvin can find his game so that Diesel won't ride him too hard.

I mean, it's been 3 freakin years and Marvin hasn't earned anything but I hope he turns it around.

Even though Sund has not been impressed with Marvin, I trust Billy Knight's draft picking when he chose Marvin. I mean, Chris Paul and Deron Williams are not that much better than Marvin.

I hope that Marvin steps up and proves Diesel wrong. I can't stand that guy... Just because he said we should draft one of the point guards in 2005, he believes he has the right to mock Marvin every year. Just because Marvin hasn't grown into his body yet. Just because Marvin is fearful about the stockmarket. Just because the ink from Marvin's tatoos has slowed down his metabolism.. diesel thinks that Marvin sucks... OH, I hope this is Marvin's year!!"

There...

Just say that Northcyde!

• Premium Member
Come on Diesel, give Marvin some time. Not only are his arms swoll from lifting weights all summer, he has that fresh ink and he's still a bit sore. I'm sure by the all-star break his shot will come around and he will BREAKOUT with a 20 point game!

Yeah.. He did have 3 of those last season!

• Premium Member
Please gimme attention. Please!

PLEASE!

I desperately need it, in any form.

PLEASE!

Pretty please?

Mr. H...

You are the original Rudy chanter...

Why don't you get the Marvin chant going with the slow clap!!!

• Premium Member
You don't get it, man. I have zero problem with anyone saying a negative comment about Marvin. In fact, I agree with most of them. It becomes "extreme player hating" when you make topic after topic, post after post just doing nothing but bashing the guy and insulting the people who disagree. Everyone understands the way you feel and I'm thinking you'll always feel the same way regardless of any changes in reality.

I usually just skip over you threads for this reason, but I was bored before class so I thought I'd chime in. Carry on.

Thread after thread???

I have not talked about Marvin in months???

Diesel, just end it, we will never have Deron or CP3. Just live with the fact that Marvin is our player.

• Premium Member
Diesel, just end it, we will never have Deron or CP3. Just live with the fact that Marvin is our player.

It's not about Marvin being "our player"... It's about what's best for "our team". For three years now, people have been wrong about Marvin. They said that Marvin will be the next Worthy. He wasn't. They said he just needs a little time. He needs more than that. They said give him 3 years. It's year three and it seems similar to year 1.

I'm tired of the excuses.

I'm tired of people turning a blind eye.

I have brought this up for discussion.

What will been done about Marvin. Will there be any honest dialogue about him. I would trade him today for Channing Frye and filler. This Marvin saga is a never ending road that leads to nothing. He hit 1 damn three point shoot last year and everybody wants to blame Woody for that. From Feb to April when we were trying to make our run... He sucked.

This is his contract year and I would hate to see Mediocrity rewarded.

It's not about Marvin being "our player"... It's about what's best for "our team". For three years now, people have been wrong about Marvin. They said that Marvin will be the next Worthy. He wasn't. They said he just needs a little time. He needs more than that. They said give him 3 years. It's year three and it seems similar to year 1.

I'm tired of the excuses.

I'm tired of people turning a blind eye.

I have brought this up for discussion.

He's been solid and can become good, but as bolded who called him the next "Worthy"?

Edited by nbasuperstar40

So instead of a conversation...

You want to go to insults when you have no point to make against the argument?

Typical.

There is no new material to discuss here...this is the same old drill and there is no point rehashing old wounds.

It is pointless exercise to debate anything with you because your positions are static. That is, once the Dieselputer makes its calculations, that is the end of the story. You are incapable of assimilating new evidence and reevaluating your position, therefore one may as well argue with the side of a house rather than go back-and-forth with you.

I have seen you valiantly stand and face an onslaught of mathematics, logic, science and reason, and hold steadfast and confident in your (completely inaccurate) position. (I am referring to the "lottery math" thread archived from a few years back. A complete debacle for you - Diesel vs. The Board and Math).

It has been said that no man is an island, but you disprove that notion time and again. If you can refute basic grade-school level mathematics, then there is no point in trying to argue over something as subjective as Marvin Williams' progress as a professional basketball player.

Diesel = Marvin Groupie Love

• Premium Member
ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZ

Funny you didnt respond to my first post.

Cuz you cant get a life. Cant get a girlfriend. All you do is hang on Marvins n*ts.

You are what's wrong with message boards. Actually, you're what's wrong with your generation. What exactly do you bring to this table? A constant stream of insults to those who offer an opposing viewpoint You are indicative of the ignorance to come. You are just a kid with a keyboard and NO POINT. Had you said something that even resembled a point about the topic, maybe I would have paid attention to what you said. However, you said nothing. Hence, I subconsciously ignored your adolescence. In other words Josh, You are beneath me. Even your thinking is that of a zitted faced Punk kid with NO POINT. You said I can't get a girlfriend... You're right. I have a family. That's because I am a man and not some pissy butt boy like yourself.

BTW, did you win a point yet? Did somebody come over and give you the old Databoy... you sure told Diesel?

I'm laughing at you. But at the same time I'm crying for the next generation. If you are representative of the style of thinking we have... where you think discussion is about how many insults a person can get in instead of how much true dialogue can be had.. then yeah, this nation is on it's way to hell in a handbasket. So tell you what. Get your XBox.. Get your NBA Live and call over all your zitted faced little friends and you all can have a Marvin Williams Nuthugging and ass biting party. However, don't step to me until you have grown a sack of your own and you know the difference between a conversation (dialogue) and a punchline!