• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Marvin Marvin Marvin...

Diesel

• Premium Member

I was reading the gamethread and I saw where Marvin hit 1 three (to match his regular season output last season) and everybody is high fiving and stuff and DJLaysitUP has put on his Marvin is #1 tee and is talking trash.

However, the game went on.

Then the game was over.

Marvin for the night was 2-7, 7 points, 3 rebounds in 27 minutes of play.

You guys bragging about Marvin is like somebody claiming that Sara Palin is a great debater.

I mean, is the bar set that low for Marvin that all he has to do is make a three pointer and nobody sees that he still sucks??

OK..

In previous years... His mediocrity (at best) was blamed on:

1. Youth ("He's only......")

2. Woody (" They don't call enough plays for Marvin").

3. Chillz ("Childress is taking Marvin's playing time")

4. Injury (" Marvin has some sort of unreported injury".)

What will the 2008-2009 Mediocrity excuse be??

I'm already seeing hints that it might be Mo Evans. Evans intimidates Marvin... or maybe it will be Smoove.

Come on squawkers... Don't miss your chance to ring in the winning excuse of Marvin's Mediocrity. Somebody crank up that excuse machine and let's here some good ones!

I'll Start..

Marvin has been investing time into his African American Studies Degree and he only has 88 more hours to go! After that, he will be a stud!!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member
I was reading the gamethread and I saw where Marvin hit 1 three (to match his regular season output last season) and everybody is high fiving and stuff and DJLaysitUP has put on his Marvin is #1 tee and is talking trash.

However, the game went on.

Then the game was over.

Marvin for the night was 2-7, 7 points, 3 rebounds in 27 minutes of play.

You guys bragging about Marvin is like somebody claiming that Sara Palin is a great debater.

I mean, is the bar set that low for Marvin that all he has to do is make a three pointer and nobody sees that he still sucks??

OK..

In previous years... His mediocrity (at best) was blamed on:

1. Youth ("He's only......")

2. Woody (" They don't call enough plays for Marvin").

3. Chillz ("Childress is taking Marvin's playing time")

4. Injury (" Marvin has some sort of unreported injury".)

What will the 2008-2009 Mediocrity excuse be??

I'm already seeing hints that it might be Mo Evans. Evans intimidates Marvin... or maybe it will be Smoove.

Come on squawkers... Don't miss your chance to ring in the winning excuse of Marvin's Mediocrity. Somebody crank up that excuse machine and let's here some good ones!

I'll Start..

Marvin has been investing time into his African American Studies Degree and he only has 88 more hours to go! After that, he will be a stud!!

Dude, you are coming close to reaching Troll status!

Marvin is fuming from that one game suspension....he will get over it in time and return to all-star form.;)

Marvin feels like he is under more scrutiny than any other Hawk...he didn't feel this at UNC. He hasn't hit his prime yet! That most improved label people want him to have may be too much to live up to. If people got off his back he could just play ball.

• Premium Member
Mehh, itll take more than one preseason game for me to make an opinion about Marvin´s improvement or lack-there-of this season. Smoove had a shitty game too.

Smoove doesn't have a history of Mediocrity.

Come on ATLien..

I'm sure you got 1 excuse from the Marvin Excuse files.

I like Swish's too much pressure.

I have a new one.

Marvin is so concerned with the financial markets that he can't focus! When the Market stabilizes, Marvin will be back to form!

Marvin is so concerned with the financial markets that he can't focus! When the Market stabilizes, Marvin will be back to form!
ROFL!!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Marvin has been secretly campaigning for Sarah Palin...You know, Washington is close to Alaska. After the McCain/Palin inaugaration in January he will blow up.

• Premium Member
My "**** NBA2k9" post was definitely in jest, but I'm starting to wonder if Marvin stole something from you. I say stuff about Marvin all the time, but you take player hating to entirely different level.

Playa Hating...

Let's see. If this were a case of playa hating then that would mean that Marvin would have some skill or some ability that I was jealous of.

Maybe so.

You're right.

I am playa hating.

I am jealous of Marvin's ability to do Absolutely Nothing but sit on his ass and watch rugrats and put up a mediocre effort, take up space, all out suck and get paid millions of dollars and be adored by Hawks fans.

A long time ago. There was a wrestler in the WWF. His name was "Iron Mike Sharp". This guy never won a match. He was always on TV. You could count on him to put up a mediocre effort but disappear when it counted. Guys like Mike Sharp were called Jabroni. His job was to make somebody else look good. Marvin does that on a nightly basis. He goes out there and he's the Jabroni for the other team.

Last night, Solo played 1/2 the minutes and score more points and got as many rebounds on better shooting than Marvin. If this is a breakout year for Marvin, it still has that same mediocre Jabroni aroma!

Let's give it up for the Jabroni!

• Premium Member
My "**** NBA2k9" post was definitely in jest, but I'm starting to wonder if Marvin stole something from you. I say stuff about Marvin all the time, but you take player hating to entirely different level.

You know what else.

Your NBA2k9 post may have been in jest to you.

But the game has been made with a realization that Marvin is a Jabroni. Every defense plays off of Marvin...

Even the game knows that Marvin is the weak link.

You're not jealous of the millions Marvin is making to do "absolutely nothing" like you say? Man, I'd kill for that. But I wasn't trying to be hip, "player hating" to me means "hating on a player." Anyone who plays a game is a player. And you definitely misunderstood what I said about NBA 2k9, but whatever. ;)

be adored by Hawks fans.

I honestly dont think he is "adored" by Hawks fans. He´d definitely come after Horford, JJ and Smoove in terms of popularity.

My only point was, one preseason game isnt enough to judge his improvement for THIS season. You may be right, and he may still be mediocre, but one game isn´t gonna tell us that.

Come on ATLien..

I can assure you Diesel that I am just as disappointed with Mr. Potential as anyone, but to say that Smith doesn't have a history of mediocrity is just as absurd of a remark as any of the Marvin supporters comments. What a joke.

Edited by Watchman

• Premium Member
You're not jealous of the millions Marvin is making to do "absolutely nothing" like you say? Man, I'd kill for that. But I wasn't trying to be hip, "player hating" to me means "hating on a player." Anyone who plays a game is a player. And you definitely misunderstood what I said about NBA 2k9, but whatever. ;)

Oh, So me pointing out that Marvin has done nothing but ride a wave of excuses is player hating.

Alright. Let's do it the other way.

What has Marvin done on this team to deserve being named Starter for this season over the like of Mo Evans?

I don't wanna join the Marvin hate,...

but i did find it funny last Feb. when someone said..

" I think Marvin is not playing well because he's worried Woody might get fired.Woody is like a father to him."

:laughing5:

maybe hes sensitive and hes hurt by diesels constant n*t hugging.

you realize hes a man. and you write about him on the internet all day everyday. think about that for a minute. hes just a man, sure hes paid more than you, but hes a dude.

he just needs to take more shots. and you need to take less shots at him. get a life dude. get a girlfriend, marvin has enough groupies.

Come on ATLien..

I like Swish's too much pressure.

I have a new one.

Come on Diesel. Smoove averages 17/8 and Marvin averages 15/6. Smoove blocks more shots but Marvin plays a little better man on man defense. Smoove plays the 4 so he should average a couple extra rebounds a game. Marvin shoots foulshots better and the both suck beyond the 3 but at least Marvin doesn't hoist them up everygame. Smoove averages almost double the turnovers of Marvin and takes 2 more shots per game. Both guys are young and inconsistant as hell. Are you telling me that 2 points per game makes Marvin mediocre and Smoove a star? Where are the facts to suppport your claim?