This is not trending in a good direction:

Nov 12 @ BOS L 102-103 0 00:18

Nov 11 @ CHI W 113-108 0 08:23

Nov 9 @ OKC W 89-85 0 05:47

Nov 7 TOR W 110-92 0 13:06

Nov 5 @ NOR W 87-79 0 12:08

Nov 1 PHI W 95-88 0 12:50

Oct 29 @ ORL W 99-85 0 15:47

On the second night of a back to back having our young PG only playing 18 seconds doesn't say good things about his development. I sure hope this changes over time and he gets a consistent role in the rotation.

One thing that I've noticed is that if Woody believes you can play at this level he will give you PT. I don't believe we've lost a single player that didn't succeed here that has gone on to do anything for another team, have we?

If Acie wants playing time then he'll have to earn it. As I mentioned in another thread we don't have the luxury of waiting on him like the other young guys got because we're a good team now and we can't coddle the young kids any longer.

I never imagined that I'd be so disappointed by Acie Law either. I really thought we got a kid that would be our PG of the future but as it looks right now he'll be off the team in a couple of years and we'll be relying on Bibby and someone we draft this year.

• Premium Member
One thing that I've noticed is that if Woody believes you can play at this level he will give you PT.

Gotta agree with that. It may not happen immediately, but it will happen.

If this continues all season long, I'd expect to see Law traded in the summer.

Unfortunately looks like he's back in the doghouse and I can't say it's undeserved this time. He needs to start showing when he's out there and there is no more time to waste.

No excuses now - he's had opportunities and he has not played well. Whatever PT he is able to get at this point he needs to come out and show out.

I am also very disappointed in his development. I thought he got a raw deal last year and after hearing of all the work he was putting in this offseason I had high hopes he would be able to take the reigns from Bibby. Hasn't happened.

He needs to get on that "Shoot for the Stars" program hosted by Marvin Gaye Williams because the other parts of his game show potential. He has not earned PT to this point, IMO.

We'd be better off developing him. Not sure Acie has that much trade value right now

Thats true, I see him as salary filler to throw in with Zaza at this point (not that I'm advocating trading Za, just that if we did Acie would be salary filler).

Another problem is that its hard to use the "he's young so he'll get better naturally" argument when he's older than Josh, Al, and Marv by a few months.

I'd like to see him spend some time in the D in the near future.

I have bashed Woody a lot about how he has handled Acie but i can't do it right now. Acie hasn't done anything when he has been on the floor. He is going to have to show that he can be productive in garbage time before he gets solid minutes in a game that is in doubt.

One thing that I've noticed is that if Woody believes you can play at this level he will give you PT. I don't believe we've lost a single player that didn't succeed here that has gone on to do anything for another team, have we?

Boris Diaw (not that he is a world beater, but he certaintly has become a viable rotation player, something he wasn't here with the Hawks).

Boris Diaw (not that he is a world beater, but he certaintly has become a viable rotation player, something he wasn't here with the Hawks).

Diaw was a quality player for us and got plenty of PT. He definitely got better the 1st year or 2 in Phoenix but he was a quality player that contributed.

• Moderators

I am not blaming Woodson for this right now I just hope something changes because I don't trust in Bibby's health or in Bibby's future here and having a developing young PG is very important to this team's immediate and long-term future.

Diaw was a quality player for us and got plenty of PT. He definitely got better the 1st year or 2 in Phoenix but he was a quality player that contributed.

Boris might be the only legit one, but he is legitimately a lot better in PHX (even in his bloated form) than he was here.

These are his per36 numbers for his career:

Per 36 MinutesGlossary ▪ CSV ▪ PRE ▪ Click column headers to sort

Season Age Tm Lg G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS

2003-04 21 ATL NBA 76 37 1919 2.6 5.9 .447 0.1 0.5 .231 1.1 1.7 .602 2.1 4.3 6.4 3.4 1.1 0.7 2.4 3.6 6.4

2004-05 22 ATL NBA 66 25 1201 3.7 8.8 .422 0.3 1.5 .180 1.7 2.3 .740 1.6 3.5 5.1 4.5 1.1 0.5 2.6 3.7 9.4

2005-06 23 PHO NBA 81 70 2874 5.6 10.7 .526 0.1 0.4 .267 2.2 3.0 .731 2.0 5.0 7.0 6.3 0.7 1.1 2.4 3.3 13.5

2006-07 24 PHO NBA 73 59 2268 4.9 9.0 .538 0.2 0.7 .333 1.3 1.9 .683 1.4 3.6 5.0 5.6 0.4 0.6 2.4 2.8 11.3

2007-08 25 PHO NBA 82 19 2308 4.8 10.1 .476 0.2 0.6 .317 1.5 2.0 .744 1.5 4.4 5.9 4.9 1.0 0.6 2.4 2.6 11.3

2008-09 26 PHO NBA 9 0 203 6.0 11.5 .523 0.2 1.1 .167 0.7 0.9 .800 1.4 3.7 5.1 2.8 0.5 1.2 2.3 2.1 12.9

Career NBA 387 210 10773 4.5 9.2 .497 0.2 0.7 .263 1.6 2.2 .708 1.7 4.3 6.0 5.1 0.8 0.7 2.4 3.1 10.8

So he's scored and passed at a higher rate than he did here and done so more efficiently.

That being said, when Bo was here we didn't really have the opportunity to use him in the same way PHX has since he's been there.

I am not blaming Woodson for this right now I just hope something changes because I don't trust in Bibby's health or in Bibby's future here and having a developing young PG is very important to this team's immediate and long-term future.

I agree that putting faith in Bibby, particularly beyond this season, is asking for trouble. His injury history (of the nagging, play through it but siffer a decline in performance type) is well documented. I am also not sure they could pay him after this season, plus Marvin and Zaza (and with a BIG contract on the horizon for Horford).

2 words

Flip Murrary!!!!!!

I'm not trying to be negative here, but there is no way the Hawks can count on Flip playing like this for an entire season. I mean, I have always liked Flip, but he's never been a guy you can rely on on a regular basis. We really need to get something out of Acie or the team is going to be in trouble at the point guard spot again pretty soon.

Plus, even if he did have a career year, he's only signed through the end of this season.

Edited by thefloydian

Keep FLip get rid of Acie and Speedy. I like Flip and i think he can give us the 12 pts off the bench and that swag...FLip looks like a thug on the court. He can drive the paint..shoot outside..Acie can start packing his bags

As mentioned earlier it IS a vicious circle.

He doesn't produce because he gets no playing time.

He gets no playing time because he doesn't produce.

And around and around it goes.

He knows, if I mess up, Woody will pull me out of the game and I won't get back in.

Sure enough, being tense and hesetent, afraid he's going to mess up, he does. Out

he comes and back to the end of the bench.

He's not that bad. He needs to go out there, relax and play his game. He needs to

build his confidence. He has the ability - The talent. He needs time on the floor. He

can't get time on the floor because of his delima - - The vicious circle.

If the Hawks ever get in a game where there is garbage time - - We haven't had

much of that so far this season -- Maybe, just maybe, we can get him off this journey

to nowhere that he's on right now. I hope so.

:angel19: