• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Favourite Atlanta Hawks Pics

thomo_hawks7

• Premium Member
lol... is it really that troublesome to you that there are variations of English?

Soapbox:

It's an official language in 56 countries, nearly 30 countries have ~100,000 or more native speakers, and approximately 80 countries have ~100,000 or more speakers of English as a first or other language.

People don't realize that there are at least 90 million speakers of English in India...

Edited by mrhonline

• Premium Member
And everyone of them are named Bob or some other plain American name LOL

Am I the only one who was insulted that they think Americans are either so stupid or so ethnocentric that we can't pronounce their real names?

Of course, we're probably both stupid and ethnocentric. :)

Am I the only one who was insulted that they think Americans are either so stupid or so ethnocentric that we can't pronounce their real names?

Of course, we're probably both stupid and ethnocentric. :)

LOL speak for yourself, I can barely understand some of the names of people born in the states, let alone people born in India. One of my co-workers is from India and I think I am the only one who pronounces her name right.

As for American names I heard a comedian say that parents need to stop naming their kids from a spice book and that just cracked me up.

lol... is it really that troublesome to you that there are variations of English?

Nah I am living in London these days so I was just curious...Don't over-analyse it. I apologise for any confusion about my enquiry about his spelling of the word 'favourite'.

To the OP: Sorry for sending this thread spiraling :offtopic2:

LoL

Edited by jhay610