• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

fire woodson

joshuaneder

I'm always down for a little Woody firing but the rationale behind this one is a little funky. No one is calling for Popp's head becasue the Spurs are 4-5 (looking better than they did to start the season I might add).

Unless Josh ends up being out for a lot longer than anticipated, we should evaluate Woody based on what the team does WITH its best players.

After the start they have had there is zero chance that he'll be canned . . . . . unless we lose a bunch in a row?

I agree. While, I hate Woody and feel we have the talent to be a top-tier team but we will never be consistent with him as our leader, he has yet to prove our start isn't a fluke. I feel confident he eventually will but as it stands today I have no gripe.

Not only am I a member of the Woody Sucks club, I'm also a client.

Yes because as we all know that as much talent as the Hawks have had that Phil Jackson would have won the NBA title with the Hawks each of the past 3 SEASONS.

We would have been above .500

Not sure what your point is but if you're honestly telling me Woody is somehow close to Phil Jackson then you're going to have to pull some "facts" out of your butt to prove it. And I say "your butt" because you won't find them anywhere else.

We would have been above .500

Not sure what your point is but if you're honestly telling me Woody is somehow close to Phil Jackson then you're going to have to pull some "facts" out of your butt to prove it. And I say "your butt" because you won't find them anywhere else.

No, I'm not saying Woodson is Phil Jackson or close. Interesting that you automatically assume that though. The POINT that I was making is that some of you think the reason we were a bad team these past 3 years is because of Woody when the TRUTH is that nobody would have won with the players the Hawks had, and contrary to your belief not even Phil Jackson would have been above .500 these past 3 years.

No, I'm not saying Woodson is Phil Jackson or close. Interesting that you automatically assume that though. The POINT that I was making is that some of you think the reason we were a bad team these past 3 years is because of Woody when the TRUTH is that nobody would have won with the players the Hawks had, and contrary to your belief not even Phil Jackson would have been above .500 these past 3 years.

You mean the talentless Hawks that took the champs to 7? That team?!?! You don't think Phil could have gotten that team to .500? Really?!? You have got to be kidding me. You're making it sound like we haven't had talent these 3 years DESPITE us being able to take the champs to 7. I guess what you're really saying is that Woody is the reason we took the them to 7. I'd have to laugh at that, and very loud I might add.

There's a reason we're good this year. Talent. We've had a good team, decent anyway, for at least 2 years now. We should have been above .500 last year. We WERE that good. We ARE that good. Too bad we only play up to that level occassionaly. Reason...coaching.

You Rah Rah Rah'rs get so defensive when someone dissects our players or our coach. Well you can't have it both ways when we struggle. It has to be someone's fault. I happen to think our team is better than our coach. Much better.

Edited by Dsinner

Last year's team is the first in Woody's tenure that should have been at or above .500, IMO.

And yet we won at the exact pace Woody has won with the previous 2 years. I hope the first 6 games wasn't a fluke, but he's going to have to prove it for more than 6 games. His track record speaks for itself.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't get it. Why in the hell would we fire Woodson now? He

s been through the extremely tough times. Now, finally, we get to reap some of the benefits he has installed. We are 10-6, second in our division, propbably a fourth or fifth seed in the playoffs if they started today...we're heading into December with 10 homes games and one of our best players returning probably next game. Yeah, let's fire our coach now...that would be perfect timing.

I don't get it. Why in the hell would we fire Woodson now?

Because with any other coach, we'd be 14 - 2 right now, instead of 10 - 6. That would be the only logical reason to fire Woody right now. Good is not good enough.

When he was a bad coach and we had a bad record, people wanted him to be good. Now that we have a good record, people want him to be excellent. If we get to have an excellent record, people will want him to go undefeated.

It's the never ending cycle of Hawksquawk at work here.

• Premium Member
Because with any other coach, we'd be 14 - 2 right now, instead of 10 - 6. That would be the only logical reason to fire Woody right now. Good is not good enough.

When he was a bad coach and we had a bad record, people wanted him to be good. Now that we have a good record, people want him to be excellent. If we get to have an excellent record, people will want him to go undefeated.

It's the never ending cycle of Hawksquawk at work here.

You pay attention to records way too much.

Firing Woodson now would make us look even more incompetent than we've ever looked. What coach would come here in that scenario? Wow they fired a coach fresh off a playoff performance and 4 games over .500 with an injured superstar. Yeah I hear the resumes flying in on the fax machine right now.